To The End

Chapter 14.

From the moment I got on that plane, I regretted ever having booked the seat.
I missed Gerard like hell. Running away from my problems is always a stupid idea.
But I always continue to do it, God knows why.
I was sitting on a bus coming back from the park one afternoon, when a couple of teenage girls walked past and sat in the seat in front of me.
"I'm so excited! We're going to be in the same room as Gerard Way tomorrow! Have you sold Ashley's ticket yet?"
"No. It's such a waste! But I'm so excited! I would just die if we met the band, wouldn't you?"
I tapped the one with the short blonde hair on the shoulder.
"Sorry to eavesdrop, but did you say you have a spare ticket for a My Chemical Romance show?"
"Yeah. Why, do you want it?"
"Actually, I think I do. I don't have a lot of money on me right now, but what do you say I promise you I can introduce you personally to the band?"
The blonde one's jaw dropped. The other girl, who had auburn hair, eyed me suspiciously.
"How can we tell you're not lying?"
"Well.. Let's just say I'm close with the singer."
"If you guys are so close, why don't you already have a ticket?"
"I only just moved her. And it was kind of sudden. It's long and complicated."
"Well.. I guess we could forget payment if we're going to meet the band.." murmered the blonde girl.
"No. I insist. You'll want money for a shirt anyway.|"
After a bit of talking and organising, the blonde girl introduced herself as Jen and her friend as Lily. I would meet them at Starbucks the next day at four. As soon as I got home, I called Ray.
"Hello?"
"TOROSAURUS!"
"Annie! Hey!"
"Ray, listen. I need you to get me and two friends backstage at your show tomorrow night!"
"How did you get a ticket?"
"Long story. But it's urgent."
"Okay then. I'll call you tomorrow just to let you know what to do."
"THANK YOU!!"
"No problem. Later!"
"Bye, love you!"
I snapped my phone shut. I felt pleased with myself.
And then a lump settled in my stomach.
Because I'm going to have to confront Gee tomorrow.