To The End

Chapter 2

You all probably think I'm kicking myself and thinking, "Gosh, if only I'd kept my mouth shut, I'd still be best friends with the biggest man in rock right now!"
Do I regret it? Kind of.
Am I kicking myself. No.
I didn't even do anything wrong other than get in a fight with my best friend's girlfriend. Then tell him I thought she was a stupid bitch.
Anyway. He figured that out on his own. He broke up with her a couple months later. Then he took on the world.
And succeeded. I knew he would. I mean, seriously. The guy's a freaking genius.
I still think he was a huge asshole that night.
But that doesn't change the fact that he's a genius.
Sometimes I wonder if he ever thinks of me. I talk to Ray all the time, but he says Gee never really talks about me or that night. He says it's not because he hates me, me regrets not sticking up for me and he misses me.
I'm pretty sure it's because he hates me. I mean, I'm an idiot. But not that big of an idiot.
If I were him, I'd certainly hate me.

While the guys are out performing to massive crowds, my life is not going as smoothly as I'd hoped.
College was great. I graduated, hoping to either work in the music industry or journalism. I have a job at the local newspaper, and they have me writing pieces ALL the time.
Problem is, they never get printed.
So I also work at a Starbucks to make ends meet.
It isn't too bad. Pay is okay. None of the other employees seems to dislike me.
So I guess you could say life is okay.
Anyway.
I come into work today, expecting it to be like any other.
Boy was I wrong.
We had our regulars. The businessmen on their lunchbreaks, coming in for amuffin and a jolt of caffeine. Mothers getting their kids a soda while they're taking a break frm the junglegym.

And then there were some not so regulars.
"Ray, put on a fucking hat! People are going to take one look at you and know who we are."
I caught a glimpse of a group of guys squeezing through the door.
One with large hair pulled his hood over his head. I saw those all-familiar skele-gloves.
Goddamn.
I can't believe this.
I turned around and suddenly felt like I was going to throw up.
A pair of hands dropped to the counter. I could hear the sound of that hand'sfingers drumming impatiently. I glanced over my shoulder.
Skele-gloved fingers.
I sighed, and turned around.
The face in front of me screwed up a little. And then his jaw dropped.
"ANNIE!"
I thought for a minute that he was going to jump over the counter and tackle me or something.
"Hey Frank! Hey guys! What are you doing here?"
"Morning coffee.." Mikey grumbled.
Everyone laughed, and I got them their coffees. My boss let me have a break to go and catch up with my friends.
Great.
"So what brings you guys back to Jersey?"
"Touring. Visiting family and stuff." Mikey replied.
I kind of already knew that. Ray had told me they'd be back in town. I was hoping I could pretty much avoid this situation altogether.
Many questions about my life followed, since I pretty much knew what was going on in theirs. I didn't look at Gerard once.
"You should come over tonight. We're going to Mom and Dad's It'll be like old times." Mikey said.
Um.
"Err. Alright. What time?"
"Six." Gerard replied.
I looked at him. He smiled.
Well.
Tonight should be interesting..