To The End

Chapter 3

Even though it's just my old school friends, I'm so nervous about tonight. I guess it's because they're famous now.
Or because of all the tension that'll be between me and Gerard.
I don't know though.

I pulled a shirt out of a drawer at random. A red Ramones top.
Fine.
I pulled it over my head, and found my black skinnyleg jeans. I left my hair down, put on my makeup, grabbed my keys and drove to Gerard and Mikey's parents house. I sat in my car for a minute.
Why am I so nervous?
I pondered that for a moment, then got out of the car, walked up to the door and rang the bell.
Gerard answered.
He leaned on the doorframe and smiled at me.
He must work out. A lot.
Killer arms.
"Well well. Look who's here. Come in!" He put his arm around my shoulder and led me to where everyone was.
"Annie! Yu came!" Ray said, giving me a wink. He knew how hesitant I was about coming tonight. I had called him four times that afternoon, trying to decide whethere I should come or not.
Frank and Mikey both ran r=to me and nearly knocked me over. Mikey seemed a lot more energetic than in the morning, attaching himself to my waist, while Frank plopped on the floor and hugged my leg, making it impossible for me to move. Gerard stood in the corner, arms folded over his chest. Bob and Ray were sitting on the couch. They were all laughing at me. I took Mikey's hat from off his head and threw it at Gerard. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped. He walked towards me and the two guys hanging of me let go. He threw me over his should and carried me into the kitchen. He dropped me and grabbed a couple cokes from the fridge. He turned around, threw me a coke, and smiled.
He seems to be doing a lot of that lately.
"So how've you been?" He took a long swig of his drink.
"Well. Okay I guess. You know. I still have a long time before all my crap'll be sorted out, but other than that things are good."
He nodded.
Awkward silence.
"Can I just ask you something, Gee?"
He looked at me sort of suspiciously.
"Dare I say yes?"
"Well. I just want to know.. Why are you acting as if the last time we say eachother, things didn't go sour? You act as if we're still that close, like we see eachother every day.. Gee. It's been something like five years."
He sighed and looked kind of frustrated.
"I thought that maybe- just maybe- if I tried to forget that, we could be friends again. But if you don't want to-"
"Don't you dare finish that!" I was angry now. "You know I want us to be friends, Gee! Are you trying to tell me that you've just forgotten all about that, no regrets, no apologies, nothing?"
"I think about it every fucking day! And yes, I regret it! And I am sorry. Okay? I'M SORRY!"
He stormed out of the kitchen, and I heard the front door slam. I dropped down to the floor, raised my hands to my face and burst into tears.
Mikey, Ray, Bob and Frank rushed into the kitchen,
"Annie. I'm so sorry. This was a bad idea." Mikey kept apologising and apologising. But it wasn't his fault.
"Come. I'll help you up. Let's take you home." Ray led me out to the car. I said goodbye to the guys, got into the car, and started to cry again.
Is this how it was going to be for me and Gee now?