To The End

Chapter 4.

That night certainly did not go well.
Which was exactly why I planned on going to Gerard's place and apologising.
The drive there was excruciating. I had words all jumbled around in my head, but no idea what they meant and how I was going to say them to Gerard.
Finally, I arrived.
Rang the doorbell.
No answer.
Rang again.
"Just a minute!" I heard him shout.
A moment later, the door swung open and he emerged wearing a tshirt, pajama pants and slippers.
Dammit. I woke him up.
"Um. Gee. Hey."
"Annie." He gestured for me to come in.
I followed him into a big living room, and sat down on a nice, comfortable looking chair. He sat on the arm of a sofa.
"Gee. I'm so sorry. About last night. About everything."
He just stared at the floor for a minute.
"Gee?"
"Annie. I'm sorry too. Friends?" He held his arms out wide. I walked over, and hugged him for the first time in years. He wrapped his arms around me and I shut my eyes.
Things could only get better from here, right?
Since it was a Thursday, of course, I had to get to work.
"Gee. I gotta go."
I looked up at him.
And the next thing I knew, he was kissing me.
And I was kissing him back.
I don't know why I felt so bad.
Both single. Best friends. You'd think it would be a perfect match.
I broke away and managed to say that I really needed to go.
He still had his arms around my waist. He looked at me and smiles.
"I guess I"ll see you later then."
I left the house in a daze.
What the hell just went on?
I flipped my phone open and dialled Ray's number.
Shit! Voicemail.
"Raaaaymond. I need your help. I"m just leaving Gerard's. Things went better- a lot better than I thought they would've. Call me. Bye."
I hung up and started my engine.
I was so confused.

**

I got home about 4pm, and found a single rose with a note attached to it on my doorstep.

'Annie,
I'm sorry about last night. Come over for dinner tonight at 7:30 and I"ll make it up to you.
Love,
G xoxo'

Hmm. Interesting. Deciding that if I analysed this, I'd get all weird and freak out Gerard when I got to his house, I went straight inside to get ready.