To The End

Chapter 5.

Here I go again. Back at Gerard's. Except this time, my hair was blow-dryed, I was out of my work clothes.. But just as nervous.
I didn't want to dress as if I thought this was a date or anything, so I just wore black jeans and a silk camisole.
Door was open.
"Gee?"
I heard some fumbling about with pots and pans, and then footsteps.
"Annie." He kissed me on the cheek.
I stepped inside. I saw a table with a vase of roses. A guitar set against the sofa. I could smell something delicious coming from the kitchen, and he was playing Green Day on the stereo.
"Gerard.. What is this?"
"I.. I just wanted to show you how much you mean to me, and how sorry I am."
"Oh. I. Um. I don't know what to say. That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me."
"Come." He took my hand and led me to the table. He was so.. Sweet. It reminded me of the way things used to be...

*Flashback*
"GEE! Oh can we pleeease take a picture in the photobooth?"
He sighed and rolled his eyes, and tucked a strand of long, black hair behind his ear.
"Jeez. If we HAVE to."
"Oh, shh. You know you love it." I gave a crazy look and pulled him into the tiny booth.

*5 minutes later*

"Yay! That was SO much fun! Thanks Gee!" I started laughing hysterically and he gave me a "You're a crazy person" look.
*End flashback*

It also made me realise how different he looked. In high school, he had long black hair, he wore odd clothes and her never wore makeup. Now his hair is still black, but short and rather adorable. And he dresses VERY smartly.
We finished dinner and he played me a song. A little while later he pulled me in close to him, and we started slow dancing. I put my head on his shoulder, facing towards him. I kissed him lightly on the neck.
"We're leaving tomorrow."
I can't say I'm surprised.
"Don't go." But I knew he had to.

**

Gee drove me back to my house, and walked me to the door. I could feel the tears, ready to start streaming down my face.
"Gee." Too late. Down they came. "I'm going to miss you so much."
He kissed me.
"I'll be back before you know it. I just want you to remember one thing for me."
"What's that?"
"I want you to remember how much you mean to me, and that I'll be thinking of you all the time."
I nodded.
He kissed me once more before turning away, and walking back to his house. I watched him until he disappeared into the darkness.