To The End

Chapter 6.

**Six months later**

Ever since Gerard left, my life has taken a turn for the worse. I quit my job at the paper, because I was making no progress there. My cousin had decided he'd move in with me [not that that's a bad thing- I love the guy to bits].

But he hasn't even called. Maybe once or twice in the MONTHS he's been gone. I've been hurting so much, not seeing him, not kissing him, not letting him hold me. It's been worse than when I thought he hated me.

**

The phone rang. I was getting dressed, because Mark [my cousin] was taking me out tonight. My green tank top was half-on, half-off.
It rang again. I unsuccessfully jumped over a pile of shoes, got up, and grabbed the phone.
"Hello?"
"Annie?"
"Gee?" I whispered.
"Yeah. How are you?"
"I'm okay. I've been better. You?"
"Um. Good. I was calling to let you know, we're coming home in a couple of days."
I gasped.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Do you want to come over on Thursday?"
"Sure, I'd love to."
It was silent for a minute.
"I miss you, Gee."
"I miss you too. I have to go. I love you."
"Love you too. Bye."
I couldn't believe it. In a matter of days, I'd be seeing Gee again.
"Annie, I'm coming in."
That was Mark. He's as straight as a circle, and he frequently walks in on me getting changed. I've gotten used to it.
"So. Where are we headed tonight?"
"Some bar. I dunno. Who was on the phone?"
"It was Gerard. He's coming home next week. Oh Mark, I'm so excited!"
"Well. It's about time. Now hurry up so we can go out, hm?"
I finished doing my hair and makeup, and as we got into the car, I decided that things were certainly getting a little better.