To The End

Chapter 7.

I woke up feeling light-headed and groggy. What the hell happened last night?
I looked up, but saw nothing familiar.
"Morning." I felt someone ruffle my hair.
I turned around. That someone did not appear to be wearing anything.
"I'm sorry, but who are you?"
He laughed.
"Brandon."
"Annie. Did we...?"
"I think so. If it makes you feel any better, we were both piss drunk and probably-"
"I should go."
I began to get up but his fingertips grazed my wrist, I turned my head slightly.
"Will I see you again?"
"Maybe. I think we'll just have to wait and see."
I was dressed and ready to go when I found a blank post-it in the kitchen. I found a pen and scrawled my number on it, before leaving.
I caught a bus back to my place, and when I got there I started digging around my purse for my keys. Unable to find them, I rang the doorbell.
"Can you get that?" I heard Mark yell.
Ooh. Who did he bring home last night?
The door swung open,
My jaw dropped.
"GEE!"
I actually jumped on him. That's how happy I was to see him.
"Ow. Hey."
I got off him and helped him up.

**

We'd been talking for hours, but eventually Gee had to go. He kissed me lightly on the lips before he left.
I ran my hand through my hair and plopped down on the couch, and the phone rang.
"Heeello."
"Annie. It's Brandon."
"Oh. Uh. Hey."
"Well. Um. I couldn't stop thinking about you all day.. I know that's weird.. Do you want to go to dinner or something?"
I didn't want to lead the guy on, but he seemed nice, so I decided I'd see how we went and if he tried anything at dinner I'd explain I wasn't interested.
"Sure. Why not."
"Cool. Can I meet you in town at eight?"
"Sure. See you then."
I hung up the phone, and couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy.