To The End

Chapter 8.

I didn't have the heart to tell Brandon. We had so much fun at dinner... I don't know what came over me.
Mark came in and sat on my bed.
"So. How was the date?"
I sighed and buried my head under my pillows.
"I was going to tell him at dinner.. I couldn't though."
"But.. What about Gerard?"
Mark had figured out on his own that I had developed feelings for Gerard. I don't know. He has some kind of radar or something.
"I.. I don't know. I still love him more than anything.." I think.
My mobile rang, and I checked caller ID. It was Brandon.
"Hello?"
"Look outside your window."
And he was standing outside. In the rain.
"I'll be right down."
I grabbed my keys and slipped on a jacket and some shoes.
"I'll be back in a few Mark!"
"Have fun!"
I ran down the stairs, and outside.
"Annie."
"Why are you here?"
He looked kind of hurt.
"No.. I mean, Why are you standing out here in the rain, it's freezing."
"I wanted to see you."
I smiled,
"Look. I don't know about you. But I thought this could be the start of something special. I mean, I like you. You're smart, beautiful, funy.. And. Well."
The next thing I knew he grabbed me and started to whisper something in my ear.
"I've been wanting to do this."
And he kissed me.
It was really.. intense.
I pulled away. And that's when I saw Gerard, standing in the rain, absolutely soaked. He looked at me, then turned and walked away. I felt a tear come to my eye.
"Brandon. I'm so sorry. I can't do this.. I don't feel the same way. Goodbye."
I walked silently back up to my apartment. I unlocked the door, dropped my keys, kicked off my shoes, and headed to my room. I picked up a pillow, held it up to my face and SCREAMED until I had no air left in my lungs.