Sequel: My Only One
Status: completed — sequel is posted!

Desperately Reaching for Something in the Dark

Fourteen

Charlie and I were leaving tomorrow. A lot had happened in the time we were in Maryland—the biggest was getting back with Alex and finally having him in Charlie's life. Everything was working out perfectly right now and it seemed like nothing could go wrong. 

Alex was flying out to California in a few days to spend extra time with us before he leaves for the band's month long summer tour an we wouldn't see him because there weren't any dates on the west coast. 

Packing was one thing I despised. No matter how many different ways I folded all the items of clothing it wouldn't fit in the two suitcases. Sighing in defeat, I called Alex. He dealt with packing suitcases more than I did with him going on tour all the time and my daughter and I were leaving tomorrow and I was stressed and desperate for help. 

15 minutes later, Alex and I were sitting on my bed, folding and rolling the clothes, and him instructing me on where the perfect place to put them was. 

"Why haven't I seen you in this?" He asked, grabbing a lace see-through shirt I didn't remember packing. 

"Because I never wore it." I smirked. 

"You should have. Would've looked pretty sexy." 

"You know I would have wore a tank top underneath it, right?" I questioned. "I'm not a slut, going around flaunting my body." 

"Which is perfect, by the way." Alex added. I could feel heat rush to my cheeks. 

"You haven't seen my body, Alex. I've had a baby, it's not as perfect as it used to be. Trust me." 

"If you'd show me I could give you my opinion on the matter." 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Is that your way of hinting at what I think you're suggesting?" 

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm up to it if you are." 

"Well," I weighed the options in my head, then out loud, "my parents are with Charlie for a few more hours. We're almost done packing." 

"Then I don't see why we can't." 

"Let's finish packing, then we will." I announced, picking up one of Charlie's dresses and folding them. 

Once we finished all the packing, Alex attacked me. Literally. He grabbed my face and crashed our lips together in a kiss that left me breathless afterward. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer and kissed him again. I felt his hands drop down to my waist, and the next thing I realize; I'm lying underneath him as he kisses down my jawline and neck. Every now and then, he'd either bite or suck on the tender skin; obviously wanting to leave his mark. 

He detached from my neck and his hands went to the hem of my shirt. He looked up at me. "Ready?" 

"Ready." I replied. 

In a matter of a minute, we were both naked underneath the sheets, getting refamiliarized
with each other's bodies once again. 

--

"Say bye to daddy." 

We were just about to board for the flight. It was early, a 9 am flight, and it was time for last goodbyes. Alex, both his and my parents, Jack, Rian and Zack were all here this early just to see Charlotte and I off. 

She squirmed out of my grasp and ran over to Alex, who immediately picked her up and squeezed her to him. "Bye, daddy." I heard her say. Her voice was so quiet and timid; you could tell she was sad about leaving. 

"Bye, baby. I'll be back to see you in a few days, okay?" 

"Otay." She yawned, and Alex held her over to his mom who began her goodbyes to her granddaughter. 

He waltzed over to me and pulled me against him. "I'm gonna miss you, you know." 

I chuckled. "I would hope that you would, with me being your girlfriend and all." 

"Man," he sighed, "I still can't get over that." 

"Over what?" 

"Being able to call you my girlfriend again." He grinned, leaning forward and pressing his lips to mine in a soft kiss before pulling away. 

We finished our goodbyes in a few minutes and gave hugs to everyone one last time before getting in line to board the plane. Before getting on, I turned to see them all still standing there. My eyes focused on Alex and the words that he mouthed to me. 

I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. Short. 
Still not sure what's gonna happen with this story - if I keep or trash - depends on if I spark an idea cause right now I've got nothing. 

Anyways, thanks to these lovely folk for commenting: 
deathhmites
JumpOnJupitar
FellSoHard
rachelelena
jaseykay


Enjoy, comment & subscribe. 
- Tianna.