Thursday's Child

todestroyyourreputation

Piper goes into college grouchy and without any of her work for the day. She barely got any sleep the night before because she wasn't in a good mood with Taylor and that had made her refuse to sleep in the same bed as him. Unfortunately for her, moving in with him meant that she shares a bed with him, and that was one sacrifice she absolutely fucking hated.

She passes someone whom she talks to sometimes and he stops her in the hall. "So, Piper, when's the wedding?" he asks and she just looks at him like he's crazy. "Oh come on, everyone knows that you're engaged. Honestly, it was surprising seeing as you're not one to like people that much." The way his words come out is almost like he's mocking her, something that she doesn't like one bit.

"It's none of your fucking business," she snaps before she storms away, a sinking feeling at the bottom of her stomach making itself known to her. Today wasn't going to be going well, she could tell.

The next time someone decides to mention it to her is during lunch. She goes to leave the college grounds when her friend comes up to her. "So, who's the lucky guy that changed you, Piper?" she asks with a smile on her face.

The words annoy her especially as they came from her friend. "Go away," she mutters but the girl doesn't give up.

"What's he doing that Daniel didn't, huh? He rich? Your parents approve of him?"

Without warning, Piper stops and slaps her friend around the face. "You don't know shit about Daniel," she snaps. "Go shove your words up your arse and leave me the fuck alone."

Her friend just glares at her before she pushes Piper and then storms off towards the college. As soon as she's out of sight, Piper turns back around and continues walking. She knows that people now know that she's getting married, but she doesn't know who told them all. She also knows that now they will all think of her differently, like the guy from before did. Most know her as someone who doesn't like people that much, and after the whole mess with Daniel, wouldn't even dream of doing anything with anyone else. But now... now she knows that she is screwed. They don't know the whole of what has gone on and there is no way she will explain it to them, it's her private life and they don't have the right to know.

When she gets back to the college after deciding not to get any food for the day, she realises just how much the news of her being engaged has changed how people who thought they were friends with her act towards her. Two of boys whom she has History with stand near the entrance, and when she walks into the college, they tag along with her.

"Why'd you keep it a secret, huh Piper?" one of them asks.

"Yeah. Did you think we'd think of you any differently now that you're engaged?" the other continues.

Piper just rolls her eyes at the two of them. Why the fuck she knows so many dickheads in her school, she'll never know. "It's a private matter," she corrects. "Why are you all so bloody interested in my life anyway?"

One of the boys looks at the other with an expression that clearly reads 'Do I'? while the other just looks back with an expression that is unreadable. "Well, Daniel--" he starts but she cuts him off.

"Are you fucking serious? Go fuck yourselves, you pricks," she spits. "You don't know jack all about what went on between Daniel and I." With that she tears away from them and storms out of the college, not wanting to put up with any one else for the day. Who gives a fuck as to whether she gets pulled up about her absences?

Deciding that she is sick of Taylor already, she heads towards her work. She works at five pm today, but right now she could use a talk with her manager.