Thursday's Child

totellsomeoneyoulovethem

She doesn't go back to the house she shares with Taylor but instead opts to go to the shop to buy a new packet of cigarettes. The woman who is at the till doesn't ID her because she's been buying cigarettes from there since she was twelve, something that was illegal but the shop continues to do.

After she buys the cigarettes and goes outside to smoke one she decides to head somewhere she hasn't been in a while. She knows that it's a fucking stupid idea, of course, but she just has to do it. Something inside of her just tells her that she needs to do it because talking on the phone just doesn't cut it, and she knows that he won't come and visit her. The visit to mock her about the engagement was a one-off, she knows that much, and there was no way he'd come and visit her again any time soon so she has to suck up everything she feels and go and visit him. Hopefully he'll be in but she doesn't have that much hope.

The walk doesn't take long because she knows where he lives and there is no way she will ever forget where he lives, ever. It's something that is printed in her mind. For a while she stands at the end of the street, just looking at the house where he lives. It looks the same as always, of course it would do, but for some reason she thought it'd look different.

She speed walks down the street and to the house, and she doesn't allow herself time to think otherwise she would turn around and go back to Taylor. She knows she would because she knows that this will probably just make things worse, it always does. When she gets to the door she gives it two knocks before she steps backwards and waits anxiously. A minute goes by and no one answers so she knocks again and this time she hears someone come down the stairs and head towards the door. When the door opens and it reveals Daniel she almost regrets coming to the house.

"What're you doing here, Piper?" he asks her and she just knows that his tone is anything but friendly.

"I apologised, Daniel," she reminds him but all he does is shake his head. "What else am I supposed to do, huh?"

He looks at her almost as if she is stupid. "You really think that an apology will fix everything? You're not twelve any more, Piper, it takes a lot more than just a 'sorry' to fix things, especially this," he snaps and folds his arms across his chest.

Piper sighs and runs her hand through her hair, closes her eyes and tilts her head back slightly, trying to keep her frustration in. She knows that she isn't twelve any more, she knows it, but still what does he expect her to do if he won't tell her? And she knows that no matter what she says to him he wouldn't tell her what he wants her to do to make it up to him because that's just who his is. "Well what do you want me to do?" she questions but he just shakes his head. He goes to close the door on her but she stops him by putting her hand on the door. "What do you want me to do? Tell me, please, Daniel. Do you want me to admit that I love you, 'cos I will you know. I love you, Daniel, and you've known that for years now."

This gets a reaction from him and he stops trying to shut the door, instead opting to step closer to her. "If you really loved me you wouldn't be with Taylor, Piper. Everyone knows that," he counters.

She throws her hands up in exasperation. "You're the one who said we couldn't go out all those years ago. You're the one that made me put my feelings to one side but now that he came into the actual picture I'm the bad guy," she fumes.

"Don't go blaming this all on me, Piper," he argues.

"I accepted the damn blame, Daniel. I fucking well did and look where that got me! I don't love Taylor, you and I both know that, but look at him! He knows what he wants, he thinks he knows what I want, and he actually tries. What did you do, huh? You told me we were best friends and only that, you made me understand that it was for the best if we didn't, but you never tried. You never let us try but you don't want me to try with Taylor. Well what do you want me to do, Daniel, because I have no fucking idea."

He looks at her for a moment, taking in the shining of her eyes and the words she just said, and then he just shakes his head at her and step back into his house, closing the door fully. She just lets him, not even trying to stop him from closing the door on her. "See? All you bloody well do is walk away from me. Well I'm sick of it, Daniel. Sick of it!" she shouts, making sure he can hear it, and then she leaves. Something in her makes her feel that walking away from his house was one of the best thing she has done in a while, but later on she thinks back about that feeling and realises that she doesn't like it. Not one bit.