Thursday's Child

toberemembered

Piper comes home the following day after spending the whole night in the park. She didn't sleep at all and instead just smoked her one joint before putting the rest in her pocket and thinking for the whole night. It wasn't something that she does often, but after talking with the guy from high school she decided that she needed to re-evaluate some things in her life. Before she thought she had a good grip on her life, but as of recently that didn't seem to be true and that was something she wanted to change.

The first thing she does when she gets home is crash on the sofa. Taylor doesn't seem to be around, and even if he were around she wouldn't care. It's a Saturday and she didn't sleep the night before so right now she just wants to sleep her worries away and wake up ready to pretend that everything's fine with her and Taylor and that she didn't just almost call off the whole thing. But like she'd ever tell Taylor that.

When Taylor gets back from buying the newspaper and getting milk, he sees his fiancée asleep on the sofa and his heart settles down. Even though she told him that she was possibly going to spend the night out, he had worried about what she was doing and whether she would actually come back in the morning. Call him silly, but recently he's felt like something was wrong between he and Piper and that something was going to happen which would force her to leave him. That was something he didn't want to happen at any cost because he loved her, truly, he did.

Putting the milk in the fridge and placing the paper on the table, Taylor goes into their bedroom and grabs his camera. He didn't have many pictures of Piper because she didn't seem to like her picture being taken, but he found himself wanting to make memories of her and his time with her. There had been no pictures since they'd got together and that wasn't something he enjoyed too much, but he wasn't going to force it on Piper because he knows that she doesn't think she's too photogenic. And besides, there'd be more than enough pictures taken at their wedding to make up for it, something that he was going to make sure of.

He stands in front of the sofa and turns the camera on, bringing it up to his eyes and taking the picture. He looks at the screen and smiles at it. She looks so peaceful and calm. To him he finds her beautiful whenever even though he knows she's not the best looking girl around. He's not deluded nor does he always turn a blind eye when he sees an attractive girl, but there's no way he'd ever cheat on her because he truly believes she's the one for him. Sure, they might be young but who says they can't be right for each other at that age? People used to be right for one another at young ages all those years ago, and the only thing he thinks has changed since then and now is the fact that people don't like getting married as much now because it's so much hassle to deal with and they want to try and live their lives first and think they can't do that if they're married.

With a sigh, he tears his eyes away from the camera screen. He wants to forever remember her being calm and peaceful like she is now, but he knows that he won't always remember her like that because she's not that calm most days and she's definitely not that peaceful once someone knows her. There are plenty of things he would change about her, but he can't so he tries not to dwell on them –except for the change where she would be more open with him. Now that was one thing that he wishes he could change and will continue trying to get that chance to occur with her.

He goes into the bedroom and puts the camera away before he grabs a blanket and goes back into the sitting room and drapes it over her. He bends down and kisses her lightly on the forehead before he goes back into the bedroom and loads up his laptop. Now would be a good time to start looking for things to show her for the wedding. After all, time was passing by and they still have a lot to do until the summer time.