Thursday's Child

tobreakaheart

She leaves after she knows that Daniel is gone. Her friend tries to stop her but it doesn't work so she's forced to tell their manager that something went on, something big and personal, and that Piper needed to go sort something out. And after the short conversation he had with Piper before, he allows it to slide for that day.

When she gets back to the house she shares with Taylor, she's beyond mad. She can deal with trouble in her life, of course she can, but when it comes to her work and threatens her job much like that scene with Daniel did, then she just can't deal with it. There's a fine line between having trouble with someone and having her life destroyed by someone, the latter of which she is determined not to have happen to her, although it seems to be slowly happening right in front of her own eyes.

"Taylor," she calls as she lets herself into the house, closing the door behind her and pocketing her keys.

"In here," he replies and she follows his voice into the kitchen where he is making something that is apparently going to pass as his dinner. Piper doesn't care about that, though, and doesn't even look at the things he's dealing with. All she's focused on is him and him alone.

She lets out a sigh in an attempt to make sure she doesn't blow up straight away. "What the hell were you thinking sending out invitations, huh?" she asks, her tone somehow managing to remain flat.

With those words Taylor stops what he's doing with the food and looks up at her. "You found out about them?" She nods. "It was meant to be a surprise, Piper. You weren't even meant to know about those first ones, only the second ones." His explanation is something that she could have accepted under any other circumstances, sure she wouldn't have liked it but she could have accepted it. But now, after what happened, she couldn't accept it. Not even a little.

"I weren't meant to know about them? You sent one to Daniel for fuck's sake, of course I was going to find out when he storms into my work and rants and fucking raves about it," she snaps at him, wanting him to know just how much damage he has done with those invites.

His brow creases and he looks at her in confusion. "He's your best friend, Piper; I thought you'd be happy about it. Why would he rant and rave to you about it?"

She lets out a bitter laugh when she realises that he doesn't know what went on. Out of everyone that she knows, Taylor is probably the only person who doesn't know about her and Daniel. Except for her mother, of course, but like hell would she know anything about her daughter. "You don't realise what you've done, Taylor. If only you hadn't kept this from me like you did this fucking house. I thought you'd realised from then that I don't like it when you fucking keep things like this from me and that any reaction you get with be anger." She shakes her head and runs a hand through her hair. He goes to move but she motions for him to stay.

"I'm sorry, Piper. I didn't know," he begins and she just knows that tone of his, the one that just pleads for forgiveness because he sounds so sorry. She's heard it enough times to be able to just brush it off without emotion.

She turns on her heel and walks out of the kitchen and to their room. From her wardrobe she grabs a small travel bag and just shoves it with light clothes that she can take with her. Taylor comes in after her and notices what she's doing. "What are you doing, Piper?" he asks fearfully.

"I'm leaving, Taylor. I don't know when I'll be back or even if I will be back, but right now I can't be in this house with you. Those invites... that invite to him has done more damage than you could have thought and there's no one to blame other than yourself." She zips the bag up and leaves the bedroom, Taylor following. She knows that she might be making a decision that most would think is a bit over the top, but Taylor just didn't get it. She and Daniel still had something after that visit to his house before, she knew that and he knew that as well, but this invite has just ruined practically everything. Sure, they weren't talking and hadn't seen each other for a while, but that didn't matter because they could have still spoken to each other, maybe not patched it up, but still spoke.

But now... she shakes her head. She doesn't want to think about it. "Piper, please," he begs as he follows her to the front door. "Don't go. I swear I'll fix whatever I did. Please." But it's like she doesn't even take notice of his words because she leaves the house, travel bag over her shoulder, and she just walks away from it and back towards her work. She needs somewhere to stay and she knows that her friend will let her stay with her because she'll want to know what went down. And maybe she'll tell her or maybe she'll make up a lie to go along with most of the other lies that everyone believes about her and Daniel. After all, it wasn't like they were going to willingly tell everyone the truth. It was nothing to do with them and it was personal and private, although now she worries that it's become a little too personal, and that isn't a good thing.