Thursday's Child

toloseweight

Piper actually contemplates smashing her head against the bookshelf she is near when she sees both her mother and Allison walk through the doors of her work. She has been dealing with her life as best as she could without any of those two around, and now she just wishes that they didn't have to come and ruin it for her. A thing that baffles her about them turning up is the fact that she gets off in five minutes, and seeing as she's working mornings because it's the Christmas Holidays for college, she's got the whole afternoon to spare, so she doesn't think it's anything of a coincident that they turned up just before she gets off.

She tries to stall and spends as much as time she can stacking the rest of the books in her arms before she goes off into the back to grab her jacket and bag. There's no real need for her to bring a bag to work because she always has her phone in her pocket when she works and nine times out of ten, she has a packet of cigarettes in her pocket that she forgot to replace in her bag. She dons her jacket and walks out of the back and towards the entrance where her mother and Taylor's are waiting.

"Piper, dear, we need to get you measured," Allison tells the girl as soon as she's in earshot. "You must fit in one size –bust, waist and hips. We can't have the bride looking awful, now, dear."

She rolls her eyes at the woman and walks out of the store. Unfortunately for her, both women follow and one keeps up with her consistent chatter about what's to come for the preparations for August. Piper tries to ignore the small jabs at her weight that the woman is making, just because she's trying to just accept it all for Taylor's sake, but this woman is making it so fucking hard to do. All she wants to go is just go back home but Allison stops her doing so by guiding her into a shop which turns out to be a bridal shop. She resists the urge to just walk away. What gives them the right to take over her wedding? She might not want it, but she'll damn well take the reigns if she's going to have it.

"Mel," her mother exclaims and a lady comes over to them with a smile on her face. "This is my daughter, Piper."

The woman turns to Piper and places her hand on her arm before slowly leading her further into the shop. "Hi, Piper, so your mother's told me that you're getting married in August and need to be measured now so that we can determine which size you are and whether or not you'll need to shed any weight before the big day," she explains as she pulls her into the backroom. The room consists of a stool in front of a large mirror, the place where the women stand to have their dress hemmed and make sure it looks nice on them. She gets pulled up onto it and then woman tells her to stay where she is.

Her mother and Allison stand near her, talking to one another. Piper just shakes her head and knows that she's going to be having words with Taylor when she gets back home. She can deal with the wedding, that's fine, but she won't be able to deal with her mother and his doing things like this. No way.

The woman returns and asks Piper to remove her coat and top, assuring her that they're all women in the same room so she shouldn't be embarrassed about removing her top. She does so and allows the woman to wrap the measuring tape around her bust, under bust, waist and hips before she jots them and allows her to replace her top. She then turns to Piper's mother and Allison. "From the measurements that go along with our dresses, I would say that Piper's a size ten around the hips but a size eight around the bust."

Piper rolls her eyes. "I am here, you know," she snaps and the woman turns around almost as is she was just realising that she was, in fact, standing right there.

"Oh yes, so you are," the woman acknowledges before she turns back to the other two women. "I recommend that between now and July, which is a perfect time for her to get fitted properly, she works to tone up her waist size so that she fits in nicely one of our size eight dresses. You don't know how many times I've had someone like her buy a size ten dress and then request that I take the bust in. I just don't understand why they don't tone up, after all it is their big day."

Allison nods at the woman's words. "Absolutely. I don't know why on earth anyone would want to look a mess on their wedding day. But don't worry about Piper, we've got it sorted."

She couldn't keep quiet then. "Excuse me? You've got what sorted? My weight?" she asks incredulously.

"Of course, Piper. We brought you a gym membership as an early Christmas present so that you can lose that weight as soon as possible," she assures the girl. And right now Piper just wishes that she had never met this woman in front of her because right now she just really wants to smack her one.

Instead of managing to make an escape back home after leaving the shop, she gets dragged to the leisure centre and introduced to the gym, a place where they expect her to frequent often. Yeah, like hell she'll be.