Thursday's Child

toimpressaman

When Taylor wakes in the morning the other side of the bed is empty, but he expects that because it's a week day and Piper is at college. However when he gets up and goes into the sitting room he finds himself surprised to see her sitting on the sofa in her pyjamas, laptop open on her lap. "Piper?" he questions as he approaches the sofa. She looks up at him before looking back at the screen. "What are you doing?"

"I'm currently cancelling everything that my mother's planned for our wedding," she tells him.

"Why?"

"Because if we're going to be getting married then I damn well want to be the one who plans it." She opens another tab in her browser and logs onto her mother's email account. Taylor sits next to her and watches what she does.

"That's not what I mean, Piper. I mean what are you doing home? I thought you had college today," he says and she just shrugs and deletes several emails from the inbox. She then opens a writing document up and starts writing a list of things that need to be done. "Piper?"

She sighs and looks up from the laptop. "I dropped out, okay?" she tells him before looking back down at the laptop. She begins to add descriptions to the items on the list, writing out which things need to be done and which things can be done last-minute, and then she adds the rough budget that they can spend on each thing, a budget that ends up a lot cheaper than what her mother has planned.

"What, why? Piper, I thought you needed to go to college. Why would you drop out?" he questions, worry seeping into his voice because he knows that she's been focused on college ever since she got accepted. It was one of her arguments against the wedding being in August, so it didn't make sense as to why she would just drop out like that. It's not what Piper does, and Taylor knows a lot about Piper.

"I have a job. I don't need college, and I most certainly don't need all that work put on me when I have to plan this damn thing as well. If you want, you could blame it on your mother and mine for trying to overrun this whole thing," she mutters, running a hand through her hair before she looks at him. "They want me to lose weight, they want me cut my hair, they want me to wear damn heels. Well I'm fucking sick of them. I have been for a very long time, but now I'm acting on it. I'm not losing weight, I'm not cutting my hair, and I'm not wearing damn heels. And if you want to side with them, well then I might as well cancel all this work and leave now because I wouldn't be walking down the aisle in August."

He shakes his head and gives a small chuckle before he picks the laptop up and places it on the floor before he sits next to her and pulls her in for a hug. "I was just surprised, Piper. We'll do what you want. I really don't mind. Honestly, I didn't think you would be the one to what to plan something like this, but you proved me wrong," he explains with a smile.

"Like I've said, I'm full of surprises."

"Oh, that I know, Piper." He gives another chuckle before he kisses the side of her head and stands up. Piper picks the laptop back up and he heads into the kitchen in a happy mood. He never expected her to drop out of college –that had never crossed his mind– but he was happy that she was getting more into the wedding that was slowly approaching. She wasn't the type of girl he would have thought would willingly plan something like this, not even if it were their own, but he was proved wrong by her and he didn't mind. Just so long as they were going to get married in the August and that she was going to walk down the aisle. They could go to a registry office for all he cares, just so long as they say 'I do'.