Thursday's Child

tocompletealist

What Taylor doesn't know is that Piper got on board with the wedding with a hidden motive. She's not thrilled about the wedding slowly approaching, or the fact that she's currently planning it, but she needs to do it if she wants a chance of getting back in Daniel's good books. She hasn't gone back to his house, nor has the thought of inviting him to the actual wedding crossed her minds. No, she's got another way to do it, and it comes through the help of someone else because she knows that he wouldn't talk to her. It doesn't matter that they used to be best friends, the invite really fucked up their remaining relationship.

So when Piper arranges to meet the guy from high school again in the park, she knows what she has to do. Taylor thinks she's giving out the last of the invites –which is true, actually; she has a list of names and his is the last one on the list– but she's actually going to talk with him.

He's at the park at ten in the morning. No one's there because it's a school day and it's been raining on-off all morning. She arrives almost ten minutes later, and when she does she hands him the invite which has him look at her in confusion. "The invite. To the wedding. I said that I'd invite you if you wanted to come. You don't have to; I won't mind. It's going to be shitty, anyway," she tells him and he just laughs.

"Well thanks, Piper." He folds the invite up and shoves it in his pocket. "So is that all you asked to meet me here for?" He raises his eyebrow and she knows that he knows there's something else she has to ask him. She knows it's a long shot because they're not in high school any more, but she's desperate and doesn't know where else to turn.

"There's actually one thing," she starts but then stops and runs her hand through her hair before sighing. A part of her knows she should just come right out and ask it, but another part doesn't quite know how to word what she needs to say.

He's still got the smile on his face. "Let me give it a small guess, okay?" he says and she just nods. "Alright, so you call me here and give me the invite but you have something else that you need to talk to me about. You manage to give me the invite but you can't quite find the words to speak to me, so my first guess would be that you want to ask me something about Daniel. However, my second guess is that you need me to get in contact with Daniel for you." He stops and gives a short laugh. "Am I anywhere near?"

"Actually, you're spot on," she tells him and he gives a little cheer. "I don't want to be a pain, honestly I don't, but you're my only hope. Taylor fucked up any remaining relationship I had with him, and I have absolutely no fucking clue how to go about fixing it because he just won't listen to me."

"Ut oh, what did he do?" he asks.

"Sent him a damn invite."

He sucks in a sharp breath before laughing. "What was he trying to do? Bring about world war fucking three?" he exclaims, and she can't help but agree with him. "Jeez, you sure know how to choose them, Piper."

She lets out a short groan. "Don't fucking remind me," she mutters.

"Anyway, sure, I'll talk to him for you. What'd you want me to say? That Taylor's a prick? That you're a bitch, but a really, really sorry bitch?"

Piper couldn't help but give a small smile at his words. "Anything, just to tell him that I'm sorry."

"And?" he prods, knowing that she wants him to do something else.

She sighs. "And could you ask that he meets me here in two weeks if he wants. Just, you know, so I can see him and stuff. If he doesn't believe I'm sorry or anything like that, then fine, I know, but really, I just want him to come here," she rushes out, but he just nods in response. "I honestly can't thank you enough for this."

He brushes her words off. "It's no problem. But hey, for my compensation, get a nice cake. Not too rich but not a chocolate one either. Make it decent sized so that I can take a fair bit, okay?" he bargains and she just laughs, agreeing to get a wedding cake that she knows he'll like. He then bids her goodbye and leaves, heading towards Daniel's house. All Piper can do is hope for the best.