Thursday's Child

tomarrythewrongperson

August the fifteenth comes and the wedding is here. Since June, Taylor's been changing all sorts of things so that it was smaller than before and a lot less hassle to deal with. It meant that it was going to be held in a registry office and only Piper's friend from high school, the girl she works with, her boss and her parents will be coming from her side while Taylor has his parents, and his three friends from his job.

Piper's back at the house with the guy from high school. He had turned up an hour before and had stayed to keep her company while she got ready. They were going to go to the registry office together and he was going to walk her in to the room because Taylor would be there before her. He's not in a suit but rather his smartest jeans and a shirt that he cleaned for the occasion. Piper's not looking much better in her black pencil skirt and white shirt.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks as she slips on her shoes.

She shakes her head. "I never have been."

"So why are you marrying him?"

"I don't know," she answers honestly before they both leave the house and make their way towards the registry office. No words are spoken during the journey and just before they reach the place, Piper gets a nervous feeling in her stomach. She knows why she's got it, and it's not nerves.

They enter the place and walk towards the office that they're booked in. Just before they get there he stops and pulls her to one side. "This is for Daniel, isn't it?" he asks to which she can only just nod. "You don't want to do this, do you?"

"No," she tells him.

"But you're still going to," he says, not as a question, but rather as a fact. She nods in confirmation before she starts to walk again. He matches her stride and they enter the registry office where Taylor and all the others are waiting. He walks her into the room and to Taylor before he stands to one side to be a witness.

Throughout the whole ceremony the only person Piper could think of was Daniel, and when it comes to accepting each other for partners, she almost says no. She wants to just leave and never look back, but a part of her tells her that she couldn't do that. So she sucks it up and thinks of Daniel when she says the two words.

"I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
fin.