Thursday's Child

togetwhatyouwant

The day has been horrible for her and all she wants to do is go home and go to sleep. When she steps through the front door of her house, she realises that what she wants isn't what is going to happen. The woman from her work is there along with Taylor. Her parents are with them and just fucking great, she knows the woman didn't keep her mouth shut.

"Piper," her mother says and she sighs. She stands in the sitting room doorway and waits for her mother to speak again. "You were rude to Allison at your work today."

She rolls her eyes. "Hardly." The woman in question has a look of shock flutter on her face as if she couldn't believe that the girl was denying the accusation. "She came in to my work and got me into trouble. That's not exactly being rude to her."

Her mother shakes her head and sighs at the girl. "You're going to be married soon, Piper. Start acting like it." This is why the girl gets sick of her parents and being at home.

"I'm nineteen. Bite me, mother," the girl says and moves away from the doorway and up the stairs. She gets to her room, opens the door and slams it behind her. She knows that it's something that is a bit childish for her to do at the age she is, but fuck did that feel good. A big fuck you at her mother, that's for sure. She drops her bag to the floor and goes over to the window, lifts it up, and sits on the ledge. This time she has both a box of cigarettes and a lighter on her so she didn't have to move so that she could have a smoke. It's something she needs, especially being in this house. She closes her eyes and breathes out through her nose. Today just hasn't been her day.

She finishes her cigarette just as someone knocks on the door and she just knows who it is. With a sigh she pulls herself back in the room and closes the window before she goes over to her bed and flops down onto it. Less than a minute later the door opens and the person comes in the room. "Bad day?" he asks and she just wants to tell him to go away because she is so not in the mood to deal with him today. Instead she just waves her arm without lifting her head up from where it lays on her quilt. It's her way of telling him to go away and leave her alone, but obviously he doesn't get that because she feels him sit on the edge of the bed a few moments later. She doesn't raise her head then either. "She's annoying, isn't she?" he says and this time she lifts her head and looks at him.

"You have no idea. And yet you live with her." He laughs and she just buries her face back in her quilt. She doesn't mind him at times, and even though her day has been horrible, he's surprisingly not making it worse. A moment later she lifts her head up when she realises something. "We're getting married," she says slowly. He looks at her strangely. "We shouldn't be living with our parents; we should be living together." She never thought she would be the one to say that they should be living together, but she realises that it's something that she wants. She wants to be out of her parent's house and this seems like the perfect way out.

"Would you really want to move out from here? You've been here your whole life, Piper. Not to mention they are your parents -it'll be the first time you'll be without them," he reasons even though she knows all this. Of course she does, and it's one of the main reasons why she wants to move out.

"I've been waiting to get out of this house ever since I turned eighteen. I've just never had the chance," she explains and he nods. She knows he's going to cave and agree with what she says. In a way, that's one good thing about him liking her so much. He doesn't like saying no to her. She found this out after she had known him for a year. She didn't take much notice of it then, but now she feels like she will be.

He looks at her for a moment or so before he grins. "So we're really going to be living with each other?" She nods. "Okay then, Piper. Do you want to come down and tell our parents the news with me?"

She makes a noise of disgust and shakes her head. "Your mum... I can't be in the same room as her today. Just no." He laughs and nods before he places a kiss on her forehead and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. She drops her head back down to the quilt and feels a wave of satisfaction roll over her. She was getting what she wants while making him happy. That's something that she doesn't find too fucking shabby.