Status: started up! Thanks everyone for you're encouragement

Into Thin Air

Chapter 4

My eyes blink open lethargically as the sounds of the outdoors floods in. A truck outside skids to a stop, followed by the quick screech of a driver leaning on his horn. Kids running through the street laughed and screamed, a reminder that summer was still alive and well.

I sat up, aware that my surroundings were not routine. The air was thick and humid, coating my skin in a think layer of moist sweat. I realized I had fallen asleep on the couch and I stood, running my hands through my hair.

Entering the kitchen, I grabbed my phone from where it sat on the counter, charging. 10:30 AM. A little later then I normally slept, but I shrugged it off, swinging open the door to the fridge and taking out the carton of orange juice. The rest of the fridge was relatively scarce, so I made a mental note to go grocery shopping today.

"Darcy?" I called out, pouring myself a glass of the juice and heading through the hallway. I rapped my knuckles on the bedroom door, pausing before swinging it open. "Darce?"

The bed remained untouched, sheets tucked in carefully and throw pillows placed perfectly on top. I closed the door behind me, poking my head into the bathroom and the spare bedroom as I passed by. Both rooms remained lifeless and untouched, so I headed back into the kitchen and dialed my phone.

"Hello, you've reached Darcy. Leave a message at the beep and I'll get back to you!"

"Hey Darcy, it's Rayden," I placed my glass in the sink and filled it with water, pulling off my T-shirt as I walked into the bedroom. "It's like ten now, and I'm headed out to buy some groceries. Give me a call if you need me to pick up anything." I pulled out a shirt from my closet, throwing it on as I slipped my feet into a pair of leather flip flops. "So just text me when you're coming back from Kristina's. Give Jake my best. Love you."

I hung up, grabbing my keys from where they sat on the kitchen table and heading down to my car.

~~~

I pulled into the parking lot of the supermarket as my cell phone rang.

"Hey Darcy, you're just in time I-"

"Rayden? This is Kristina." I twisted the keys in the car, unbuckling my seatbelt and leaning back in my seat.

"Oh, alright. Is Darcy with you?" I opened the door, placing one foot on the ground. On the other side of the phone, I heard Kristina sigh.

"Actually, I'm calling to ask you the same thing." I paused, confused about what she was saying. Closing the car door, I sat back in my seat.

"Didn't she sleep at you're place last night?" Closing my eyes, I waited for Kristina to answer. The twisted feeling in my stomach was answer enough.

"She left a message on my phone. I think you need to hear this in person."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, that took a long time to get up for such a short chapter.

All feedback is much appreciated! Could you guys tell is was in Rayden's POV? Thats how it will be from now on. . . . tell me what you think!

Also I REALLY need someone who can make me layouts. . .for this story especially, but others also.

I love when people get comment swap, so they just copy and paste what other people have written as comments. Like thanks a lot, you just made me feel like crap.

<3