Status: started up! Thanks everyone for you're encouragement

Into Thin Air

Chapter 8

My father had a certain presence about him, as if a small bubble of class followed him wherever he went. Dressed in his button down, he made the apartment look more like a cozy forest cabin then a run down one bedroom. It was something I had never noticed when we lived together in our fully furnished mansion.

He sat at the kitchen table, sipping a glass of ice water. Kristina sat at the head of the table, hugging her legs t her chest. I sat at the other end, slumped down with my arms crossed. The two of us had just given a frantic, emotion filled explanation of what had happened, complete with the replaying of the voice message. Hearing it for the second time was a knife in my stomach. I shut my eyes tightly as I listened to Darcy call out for me.

"May I see your phone, Kristina?" My father asked calmly, setting his water down. She handed it to him wordlessly and he pressed a few buttons. He kept a steady poker face.

"I know it sounds crazy." I mumbled. He looked up from what he was doing.

"Excuse me?"

"It's crazy." I repeated myself louder. "Crazy to jump to such a rash conclusion after such a short time. And I know the message isn't clear, I know we can't hear everything she's saying but I know that this isn't like Darcy. I know she wouldn't leave me, or us. That message is her way of asking for help." My father listened quietly until I was finished.

"I believe you." He said simply, handing Kristina her phone back and picking up his own. "I'm sending the message into a friend of mine, I'll see if he can get it a little clearer for us." My heart started beating faster.

"A friend? What kind of friend?" I asked.

"An old client of mine, former CIA. I believe he can help us." He stood. "If you'd excuse me, I'd like to call him now." I watched him leave the kitchen. Kristina and I sat in silence for a few moments.

"Do you think he can help?" I asked her. She didn't reply.

"Maybe I'm wasting my time. Maybe if we go back to the police, they can help, if we just explain-"

"I think that your father is going to be our best bet." She said timidly, and I could tell that was not all. "But I also think that we shouldn't get our hopes too high."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually stopped writing until you guys wanted to read more.

It was nice to see a message and a comment after so long :)

I hope you guys like, please give some feedback. Im working on the next chapter now. Also if any of you like my other stories please tell me because Ill continue them too.

<3