Status: One Shot

Savior

1/1

Ivory sighed as her fingers slowly dwindled across the piano keys, the notes resonating through the house. She tried to clear her mind by playing piano, but so far it wasn’t working. Her hand slipped, crashing down on the keys with a thud. Ivory narrowed her eyes and stood up, walking away from the instrument. It just wasn’t working for her today, and quite frankly, it was frustrating her.

She wished Jimmy would come home already. Every time he told her it’d be a late night in the studio, she would smile supportively and nod, but those nagging thoughts in the back of her mind overwhelmed her. What if he just didn’t want to spend time with her anymore? What if her old premonition rang true – what if she wasn’t good enough for him?

It was hard for her to quiet her mind for once. She honestly did think that Jimmy was too good for her. Jimmy was a damn-near saint. Not only had he saved her life on more than one occasion, but he let her live in his house, he fed her dinner, he kept her safe, and perhaps most important of all, he showed her what true love was like.

Jimmy was this angel, but what was she? She was a nineteen-year-old girl with a broken past that was saved by her old teacher.

To Ivory, all the hugs, kisses, and softly spoken words in the world wouldn’t even begin to express how grateful she was to him. She owed him her life.

Looking over at the clock, Ivory sighed when she saw it was nearly ten thirty at night.

As a musician, she understood that late nights and long winded days in the studio were essential. Her rational thought knew that there was no way around that; but her thoughts of self-doubt seemed to kick her rational thoughts to the curb.

She knew that Jimmy wouldn’t have stayed with her through everything if he didn’t love her, but that self-doubt just loved to toy with her mind.

Ivory decided it was time for her to stop thinking and go to sleep. She wanted to wait up for Jimmy, but her thoughts were starting to annoy her.

Climbing into bed, she sighed as she snuggled up to the sheets that smelled just like him.

She had no idea what time it was when her eyes slowly opened. A smile crept across her lips when she saw his beautiful baby blue eyes just a few inches away from her. Jimmy returned her smile, and his eyes slowly close as he leaned in and gently connected their lips.

Everything she’d ever doubted quickly faded away. Jimmy had a habit of doing that to her.

After he kissed her, he climbed into bed right beside her, his arms wrapping around her middle. Ivory breathed him in and sighed lightly, nuzzling her face against his shoulder.

“I love you,” Jimmy whispered into her ear, kissing her jaw. Ivory smiled and turned her head up to kiss him.

“I love you too, Jimmy.”