Status: New Story, I'll update whenever I get around to it.

Just Friends

Introduction

High school can be described perfectly in one simple, four-lettered word: Hell.

It’s all about cliques, and finding the one that you belong in - if you can even be defined in a such a way that you are placed with specific people who, supposedly, have the same interests, and philosophical standings as you. I, despite popular opinion, think it’s degrading, yet fateful towards the rest of your life beyond high school, as well as during.

I’m just lucky that I have the most popular guy in school, Alexander William Gaskarth, as my best friend. I was basically cast out as a photography-geek, and a loner, but Alex and I have been best friends forever. He honestly tries to stand up for me, but, because of people’s shallow unwillingness to change, it never works, and my classmates still refuse to even talk to me - with the exception of three other guys: Jack Barakat, Zack Merrick (goes to a different school, Towson, not Dulaney), and Rian Dawson. Band-mates of Alex’s, who decided that I was ‘pretty cool’ in their books, and Jack quickly apologized for being one of the guys who made middle school kind of shitty for me.

Alex and I have known each other since diapers, and, an effect from our parents being best friends, we were forced to be around each other every day, and this lead to us being best friends. We just clicked, our personalities like two puzzles pieces - a very easy puzzle - and we’ve been inseparable.

Our friendship isn’t one of those frequent-awkward-silences friendships, I tell him everything, and him, me. He was the first one I told when I got my period, and when he started going through his changes, I was his number one. We dealt with these things together, because we were embarrassed going to anyone else. Yes, that’s how close we were - and still are.

♦ ♦ ♦

It was ridiculous how desperate girls are just to get into some guy’s pants. Some guy meaning Alex. Girls were basically begging on their knees, just to get him to talk to them. Well, now that I think about it, it really wasn’t ridiculous, as it was pathetic. They needed to get the hint that he wasn’t interested, and that he had better things do to, than them. His main focus as of now, was his band. They’ve scheduled a meeting with a record company, Hopeless, next week, and all he’s been doing was practicing - 3-6 every night, writing songs rather than focusing on schoolwork, and playing harder covers, to improve his already laudable, and commendable singing and guitar skills.

Jack, on the other hand, would give in to any girl who even just passed him in the hallway. He also had no trouble getting whores girls to screw. Zack, currently going to a different school, I’m sure has no problem, either. He was shorter than Alex and Jack, but more muscular from the physical activity that Alex and Jack lacked in doing.

Rian: taken, and happily in love with the girl he was planning to marry, once out of high school. His girlfriend, Kara, has already told him she was ready, but everyone - including me - keep telling the two lovebirds that it’s a terrible mistake. I’ve assured them that once Rian was signed with the temporarily-unnamed band, that Kara will either a) get sick of travelling with Rian everywhere, all with barely (or no) privacy, b) never seeing him, as he will most likely be touring 24/7, or c) falling out of love. It’s a pretty even chance between the three, and I’m positive one of the situations will occur.

It’s not that I’m totally against love, and all of it’s positive and negatives effects, it’s just that I’m simply ‘pessimistic, and I always have been’ - Alex’s words exactly. Jack was quick to agree with him, and in response, for two days, I gave them both the silent treatment, occupying myself with Zack and Rian - the quieter of the four guys.

Many people suggest that Alex and I are in love, but we just don’t know it yet. I love him, I will admit, but not like that. Not like the ‘I wanna have your babies, and live happily ever after’ kind of way, in the ‘best friend’ way. I’d do anything for him, and him, me. When we deny having any feelings other than platonic, then it turns into Jack and I, or, even more so, Jack and Alex (Jalex). I don’t get why people are so attached to the fact that Jalex is a possibility, I just don’t get it. Don’t get me wrong, if Alex was gay, I’d love him just the same, and if he was dating Jack secretly, I’d love them both the same, and I’d support them with whatever they choose to do, but, believe me, Alex is the straightest guy ever, Jack... sometimes questionable, but he’s straight. I find it hilarious that people actually assume that they are gay. They don't agree.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introduction. Boring, I know, but I promise it will get a lot better. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think.