I'm not a Freaking Princess

Three

Sir Tobin.. He's real. I get out of the car and slowly walk towards him. With every step it sinks in a little more. The knight is here, he's real, and he thinks I'm a princess.

When I reach him I place my hands on his shoulders making him look at me. "Your name is Toby." I tell him slowly hoping what I am about to say won't go over his head. "You got hurt making a video for youtube." I look up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Youtube?" he asks. I could pretty much watch my words go in one ear and out the other.

"Just.. Don't talk." I sigh taking his hand and dragging him into the ER through the automatic doors. When I say dragging I mean it. I could have pulled his arm from its socket with how hard I was pulling to get him into that building. "This is my friend Toby. He got hurt while being dumb" I tell the clearly bored woman behind the desk.

"Alright Sir please fill out these forms and have a seat over there" She holds out a clipboard but doesn't look away from her computer.

Crap! POOPIE! my mind screams but instead of letting that slide out of my mouth I make myself say "Never mind. He'll be fine"

"Ma'am" Now she looks up "What is he wearing?"

"Like I said youtube." I smile nervously "He has no insurance. And no job. He can't pay."

"Whatever then" she says and I lead him out side to the car.

"You okay?" I ask sitting on the hood of my car "Feeling lightheaded?"

"No M'lady" He shakes his head and his curly muddy brown locks fall into his eyes. I resist the urge to push it back. This isn't right. most likely it's another of my very vivid dreams.

"Scout's honor? You're not just being brave on my behalf?" I ask

"No" he says looking at the parking lot of cars. "What is this place?" he asks "Why are you not as frightened as I am?"

"This is my home Tob-Tobin. I'm not the Princess you think I am. I go by Charlie. My dad created you as a bedtime story when I was a little girl. To fight the evil wizard"

"Stupidhead." he whispers. It's all I can do not to laugh at the way that sounds coming from his mouth. I was four I thought it was a great name for a bad guy. "I remember him" I slide off the hood and stand next to Tobin look at him as he looks off in the distance. He has a hard almost angry look plastered on his face.

"You're a fictional character. You're not real. But here you" I take his big hand in mine. I have loved him since Matt was born. But he wasn't real.. So the love wasn't real. And he's here now. And he's real. So I still love him.. Right? He jerks his hand away from mine. I made him to love me. Why don't he love me?

"Princess, what if this world is a work of fiction?" He turns towards me and looks down at me. "What if our world is the real one?"

"I wish it was but it's not" I sigh. In his world my dad is alive. I would love for that to be true.

"What makes this world any more real than mine?" he asks obviously angry. "What makes us so different?" he asks

"My father created your world. Your world is the one I go to in my daydreams. It's inside my head."

"This world could be my dream. Alexandria may have put me to sleep."

"But it's not. In a dream you feel no pain right?" He nods "It hurt when you were hit by the car right?"

"That proves nothing."

"You're a freaking knight! We don't have those! Hell the only royalty in this world is in like England and they do nothing. Our world was like yours hundreds of years ago." I push my hair behind my ear on the right side and pull the left side into my face. "In your world men are strong and have to save the dainty little helpless women. It's pretty much the other way around now. Women run stuff. We don't need men to save us. We are empowered. We save ourselves" I him up and down "You can't be out in public like this."

I go to the local thrift shop and spend a grand total of five bucks on a whole new outfit for him. Getting the clothes was easy. Convincing him to change. That was like hell. But I did it. And now he at least looks like everyone else.

We go back to my house and sit on my bedroom floor looking through all my books to see id he is in them. He's completely gone like he never existed there.

We sit there passing old notebooks between us and reminiscing about the way it is supposed to be.

"MeMaw I'm not a stupid leprechaun!" Matty yells. Alex is supposed to be in charge but as usual she is nowhere to be found. I sigh and get up mentally preparing myself to defuse the situation. I don't know if I can make it until I get to go away for college in September. I don't know if I have it in my heart to leave these helpless people.

"Leprechauns are in your home?" Tobin asks

"No" I laugh "That's just my brother. My grandmother is losing her marbles very slowly"

"Would you like me to assist you in finding them?" he asks

"Finding what?" I look at him

"Her marbles" He says like its obvious

"Oh.. Good Lord. No. That.. 'Losing ones marbles' means um.. in your terms it's like.. Loony? See she has this disease called alzheimers. Basically her reality is slipping away from her. She could be sitting on the couch with me but in her head it's like 60 years ago and she's just a girl sitting on the porch with her sister. It's kinda sad."

"Charlie save me!" Matt hugs my legs and hides behind me as MeMaw stops in my doorway

"Clare don't trust that silver tongue devil!" MeMaw points a wrinkled crooked finger in Matt's direction.

"MeMaw I'm Charlie your granddaughter. This is Matt your grandson. Liam's kids. You remember Liam he was your son." I smile taking her hand.

"Who is this?" She smiles her flirty smile at Tobin. That smile used to be reserved for PePaw but now anyone who tickles her fancy gets it.

"This is my own personal Knight in Shining Armor" I smile widely. Why lie to her. She lets me in on her crazy daily why not let her in on mine? "His name is Tobin but we're calling him Toby." Tobin gets to his feet only to bow out of respect.

"M'lady" he smiles but his eyes shift from my face to hers

"Before you go off to war young soldier come to my place we can play mattress tag" she nods to her and PePaw's bedroom with a wink

"Alright MeMaw time to go see your husband." I take her out to the living room she asks several times about this husband of hers and I sit her down and explain the whole thing to her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry again for the lateness.
My Boo Theorigionalrampage is new to the site
and she's posted an awesome post apocalyptic story that y'all need to read
Go check it out NOW!
Comment and Subscribe.
And I guess Recommend too
Whatever that dose.
~Blue Meanie~
PS: Here's the link to Rampage's story
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/465466/Theophany/