Status: currently in the works of writing it long hand, might try to put a few more chapers on here along with what I already have. Also, changing a few of the things in the beginning of the book, possible complete rewrite of the first few chapters I have up here.

Lost to the World

Chapter 5

With the fire finally built, Zoya walked over to Ryan and carefully picked him up and supported him over to the fire. "What did you mean 'don't trust me"?" His face was firm and focused. She sat him down near the fire and sat across from him, "It was our idea, we were going to leave you out here like the others. Our plan was the same as always, seduce you, and 'trip' you. Until I started to actually gain feelings for you, you were the first one that wanted to get to know me." Her voice became soft.
"You see, my brother and I have been doing this for years. I would gain their love, he would gain their trust. Then, there would be a little accident and the person would go missing, frozen to death in the tundra." Ryan stared at the fire as she spoke, unsure how to take her words. "So, you mean to tell me, nothing you said to me, meant anything?" Ryan spoke monotoned. "At first, no, but like I said, you were different from the rest. The way you looked at me, was more of love than lust, unlike the others. This morning, I tried to talk my brother out of doing this, but he was adamant about it." She paused for several long seconds letting him take it all in.
"When we were going to eat, I noticed him plotting, he had the knife in his hand-" "Wait, what? A knife? Are you kidding me?" She looked down again, "I'm afraid not. You see, to make sure they don't survive, he stabs them. But, I caught his arm, and you tripped over his foot. Then him and I struggled, and he threw me over also, along with your belongings." She looked at Ryan, his face in total awe.
Ryan didn't know what to say. Didn't know how to react to something like that, "So, you wanted to kill me, all those feelings, everything you've said, was a lie?" Her face became grave, "At first, yes, they were the same ones I gave everyone else, but usually, men are pigs, and take to me like ants on honey. But you, you were different, you acted as if my feelings mattered. No one has ever been the way you have. You made me feel wanted," tears rolled down her cheeks as she spoke the last words. He couldn't look at her, he was sickened at the thought of her with all these men, like it was nothing. "I don't know how," he paused, "how you could be with so many men, like a harlot, and then gain feelings for me, it just can't be possible," he laid on the sweater that was on the cold hard ground, "I'm sorry, I just can't believe you."
Journal Entry 8 May 29, 2001
Love comes and goes, sometimes I wish it would go easier, but I can't shake the fact that I love her, but what Zoya did to me, will never be forgotten, I don't think we'll ever be the same nor do I think we'll survive this.
Ryan Toshi