Status: currently in the works of writing it long hand, might try to put a few more chapers on here along with what I already have. Also, changing a few of the things in the beginning of the book, possible complete rewrite of the first few chapters I have up here.

Lost to the World

Chapter 7

"WE really should be on our way." Zoya spoke throwing snow onto the fire. Ryan slowly stood up, his leg was still killing him, "Careful, you don't want to strain your leg muscles." Zoya spoke in a melancholy voice. She threw his bag over her shoulder and put Ryan's arm over her other shoulder. "We need to find shelter or we will die out here," She spoke in the calmest way possible. "Why are you still helping me? It was also your plan to show me off that train," Ryan still had hurt in his voice as he spoke. Why does he still think I'm going to leave him here to die? I'm not leaving the man I love out here to freeze to death. Zoya felt hurt.
"You still don't trust me do you? If I was going to kill you, I would have done it a long time ago. Trust me, I'm not going to hurt you anymore." Zoya had pain in her eyes. "I'm sorry, but it still hurts that you even thought about doing that to not only me, but to anyone." Ryan was more talking to himself than to Zoya, he didn't want to honestly know why she-or anyone for that matter-would do something so awful. Now one deserves to be left in the cold to die. She frowned and looked at the ground, "You want to know why? Because my brother filled my head with constant lies. He made me believe that all Americans were pompous capitalist pigs, and that all they wanted was to rule us, and kill all those who oppose them." She paused a moment and looked over at him. He just continued to look straight ahead, "Then why is it different for me? Why did you want to save me? After all, I am American, so I am a pompous capitalist pig as well," There was a tinge of anger in his voice.
Her face hid her anger, she didn't like being chastised. She knew she deserved everything he said, but that doesn't mean she liked it anymore. "Look, I know you have the right to hate me," She said with annoyance, "but that doesn't change the fact that we have to work together to get out of this situation. Once we have food and shelter, you can hate me all you want." She could no longer handle his constant jibes.
"I'm sorry, I'm still really upset finding out it was all a lie," Ryan looked away from her, he didn't want her to see his hurt face, nor see her's anymore, it was becoming too much for him. They sat in silence for a long time neither knowing what to say. Zoya looked around avoiding eye contat with Ryan for as long as she could. "Look, we can't sit in silence forever. We have to figure a way out of this or else we will die out here." Zoya finally pipped up. Ryan looked at her for a long while before he said a word, "And how do you propose we do that?" He asked sarcastically.

Journal Entry 12 June 8, 2001

We have been stuck in this hell hole for a few days now, I don't know how much longer I can hold out, my toes have gone numb, and I fear my fingers will be quick to follow. I can't sleep at night either, if Zoya lied to me before, how can I trust her now? For all I know, this could all be a part of her plans, she knows she was trained in survival. But why would they train her in that, if not for this purpose?

Ryan Toshi