Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Fags On The Roof

Ronnie and I walked walked down the hall way without any trouble. Everyone wasn't staring so, I assumed they weren't interested anymore. We were yesterday's news. They probably found something else to obsess over.

It was actually quite nice because since that didn't happen. Today wasn't awkward, and to make it better yesterday wasn't awkward and this morning wasn't either. Most people would be extatic about this because they would think they were on a roll. Well, I wasn't. I knew life loves to fuck me up, so it was going to find a bigger and better way to screw me over. When was the question.

First period wasn't bad. It was the only normal class I really had left, so of course it was fine. The other classes weren't bad either. They were at the same pace as my original classes just with more vampires. The only thing that made it better was the fact that there was no doubt in my mind that Ronnie would protect me now. I knew he would. So, with that in the back in my mind, the classes were a breeze.

Lunch, however, was when life decided would be the perfect time for my awkwardness and anti social tendecies to take full affect. Oh, and don't forget that my stutter also decided to retrogress completley to when every single word was a struggle to get out. Yep, life hated me.

Ronnie asked me if we could sit with his friends today since we sat in the library the other day. No one liked the lbrary, so no problems ever occured. I caved and said we could.

"Ronnie, where have you been, man? I feel like I haven't seen you in three weeks." A guy with long dark hair and pale skin said while giving Ronnie that weird half hug half handshake thing that most people do in a social setting like so.

"Because you haven't dumbass. We got sent to different camps, and your sory ass decided that it should stay an extra week because you got into trouble." Ronnie said sitting down and pulling a chair out for me next to him. It was next to Ashley, so at least it wasn't a dom.

"Who's this?" The guy asked looking at me funny. I haven't seen him before. He wasn't at the party, but I have seen him a few times before talking to Ronnie in the halls.

"This is my mate, Max. Max this is Craig." Ronnie introduced. I gave the guy a weak smile before fixating my eyes on the table top.

I know I didn't need to anymore. I mean, I could look at the vampires now, unlike the other humans, but it was still really strange. It feels like this isn't real still. Like it is all a dream, and I'm just waiting to wake up on my dingy matress at my mother's house. But, knowing it wasn't made it all the weirder.

I hope they didn't expect me to just change my entire personality in a day because I had the chance to. It doesn't matter what species, what era, or what the situation. You can never change everything in one day. That was impossible.So, here I was still doing my old ways to avoid most to all contact with the vampires that were nearly inches away from me.

Their conversation litered my ears for a while. It wasn't anything that was really interesting to me in all honesty. It was mostly about things you would expect vampies to talk about like the new best way to kill humans or which scum bag they are keeping their eyes on, human or vampire. That was until this question came up.

"So, why is Max not a fertile?" Craig asked. My eyes shot up from the table, and if I wasn't afraid to do so, I would glare at him. Why did he want to bring this topic up?

"Because he doesn't want to. Kinda thought that was obvious." Ronnie said dropping his hand from the table to my knee.

"Why not?" That question was more directed to me than Ronnie.

"W-W-Well, I-I-I it-t d-doesn't s-seem l-like the r-right m-moment. . . I-I-I m-m-mean. . .l-l-like. . .wh-what w-were w-we t-talking a-about a-again?" I stammered. They all looked at me like I grew a second head.

"Do you always stutter like that?" Craig asked scrunching his nose a little.

"N-No, j-just an awk-awkward s-situations l-l-like r-right n-now."

"Wow, we need to get you out of your shell. I know. Let's got to the roof. I need a smoke anyways." Craig said standing up. Everyone else seemed to agree with him, so they all followed him to thr roof.

Usually, you weren't allowed on the roof, but these were vampires. They could do whatever the fuck they wanted and get away with it. You know why? Because they were fucking vampires. That's why.

I seemed to have straggled behind the group a tad because Ronnie wrapped his arm around my shoulders to get me to walk at everyone else's pace.

"You're fine, Maxie.Craig just has a nack for finding things that hit a little too close to home."

"A-Aparently."

We climbed up to the roof where you could see every part of the school, if you wanted to. There was a slight breeze and it was the perfect weather outside. The doms seemed to migrate to the side where you could see the torture house in the back, but the fertiles went to the side where you could see the track and baseball field. Ronnie obviously wanted to go with his dom friends, but I didn't. So, I went over with the fertiles.

"You want a fag?" Ashley asked me.

"Wh-what d-did you c-call m-me?"

"Oh, no, no. Do you want a fag? You know, a cigerette. That's what we all call them at least. Why did you think I said?" He asked hanging me one which I gladly took. I wasn't a big smoker because i could never afford it, but I was up for anything that could possibly kill me quicker.

"A f-fag is s-something h-humans w-would c-call each other. It's one of th-the w-worst in-insults you c-can c-call someone." I explained. they would never get called something like that, so why would they know what it was?

"Did people used to call you that?" Monte asked.

"S-Still d-do. D-Doesn't effect m-me th-that much anymore." I said taking a long drag and exhaling.

"That's terrible. Why are humans so cruel to everyone?" Patrick said.

"Everyone w-wants t-to be on t-top. H-Humans will j-just k-kick you d-down to g-get there f-faster. V-Vampires do it too s-sometimes." I said taking another puff.

"Oh yeah, name one vampire who would do that to another." Frank said. They didn't believe me that was their business, but everyone was like humans. We were the only ones who showed are real colors, though. We weren't afraid to admit that we hated our own kind.

"Her." I said pointing down to the field where I saw Tulip practicing cheerleading with her other friends from health.

"Well, that's Tulip. She's a total bitch." Ray said.

"C-Counts." I said smirking.

"What's her problem anyways? She tries to get into everyone's pants and when she doesn't she freaks." Ashley exclaimed.

"I think it's because she hasn't found a dom that wouldn't sleep with her. Well, until our guys at least." Patrick said sighing. He was the only one in the group who wasn't smoking. He muttered something about being allergic to an ingredient or something. I don't remember.

"I remember the day when she came up to Robert, and he flat down rejected her. She was pissed. He and I were together than so she was pissed at me, too." Monte said kinda happily. he didn't seem to like her that much. Maybe because she tried to get into his dom's pants.

"H-How long h-have you t-two b-been together?" I asked him.

"A little over two years. We are the only couple in the group that went out before the actual ceremony. All these whimps just had major crushes and wouldn't go talk to the doms." I laughed slightly, and they all hit him like he told me something he wasn't supposed to.

"Didn't she hit on Andy a couple of times?" Monte asked Ashley.

"Yeah, I think so. But, if you haven't noticed, he isn't into girls that much." Ashley chuckled.

"She's pretty much tried to get everyone in our little group. I mean even Craig, one of the biggest horndogs in the town didn't sleep with her. Ronnie pittied the girl, so he tried to go on a date with her but after a while she attached to him like glue." Ray said.

"Wh-What do you m-mean?" I asked. I never heard the entire story on this, so I was interested.

"She was hitting on him so much and for so long that Ronnie thought she couldn't be that bad. He went out with her like three times or something. It wasn't a lot. Then she turned all weird, and wouldn't leave his side at all." Patrick started.

"Yeah, it was kinda freaky. He tried to let her down gently, but she never really got the hint. She was just so sure that he was the one or some shit like that. She would pester him non stop to the point where even I got annoyed with her. I didn't even hang out with Ronnie at all except at like at lunch. So, how he dealed with her amazes me." Frank continued.

"Oh my gosh, she was so pissed at the ceremony. When your name got called I thought she was going to have a mental break down. I was three seats away so I could see her. She was so angry her rage could match a doms. She ripped her book that was in her hands right in half. It was actually really funny because like I said she tried to get into Andy's pants, and I had dibs on his pants." Ashley said chuckling at the last part.

"She urkes me, but if I'm not mistaken didn't you liek totally stand up to her the other day?" Frank asked me. He was sitting right next to me sleeping, so I'm sure he could have heard it.

"Um, yeah." I admitted.

"I remember now. You said something like 'Good luck with that just remeber I'm the one sleeping with him.' So, Max, are you the one sleeping with him?" Frank asked wiggling his eye brows.

"I-I-I m-mean . . .w-we s-sleep in the s-same b-bed but we've only k-kissed l-like once. . . yesterday." I stutttered. They all just laughed at my pain. Any normal person would stutter right now out of embarrasment, so I didn't take it offensively.

"Progress on the home front. Always so much more interesting when your checks are the shade of a tomato." Patrick laughed. I just noticed I was blushing like an idiot right now.

Hey, these guys weren't so bad, if you didn't think of them as fertiles. When I thought of them as Ray, Ashley, Frank, Patrick, and Monte they were so much more interesting, and I wasn't uncomfortable or afraid around them. Humans always think that every fertile is the same, but they couldn't be more worng. These guys had more life in them then half of the humans I know. Hell, they were more fun than I was, and I was just a bucket of fun.

I could get used to this, I thought. Yeah, being happy and care free. I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there are any spelling errors! Spell check doesn't want to work and the cheap program I have on my computer doesn't have a working spell check either. So, sorry again.

Team Tyler