Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Good Enough

"What did she say?" Ronnie asked leaning on the door frame that leads into the kitchen. I sighed and leant against the front door.

"T-Tulip came t-to see h-her. Th-That's what st-started this m-mess." I replied covering my face with my hands. It was a habit I picked up when I was frustrated with something. It seemed easier to forget everything at those times.

"Why would Tulip go see you mother?" Ronnie asked confused as he walked over to lean on the door next to me. I only heard his footsteps and the 'thud' noise his back made when it hit the cool metal.

"Sh-She obviously is n-not l-letting go on th-the fact th-that I am your m-mate and n-not her." I relied looking up at him. It was obvious to me, was it not to him? Could he not see that this particular fertile was an evil, conniving bitch that just wants to get me out of the picture because she is obsessed with him?

He was a dom. A dom was programed to think every single fertile was a sweet, little angel that would never hurt another soul, and something they had to protect at all costs. I was a fertile now. I was nowhere near a sweet, little angel, and I could take care of myself perfectly fine. I've been doing it for a while now. I probably haven't been doing the best job, but hey, I'm alive!

Doms didn't think it was possible for a fertile to act the way a human could in a sense. They didn't think one of their own kind would drag another person through the mud to get a better reputation or something they so desired. They were all morons really, that they couldn't see this. Humans are the only ones who fully embraced this part of our nature into the real world. It was time that everyone else did, too.

Well, maybe they shouldn't. Humans are terrible to each other. It was a fact every single thing on the planet knew. We betrayed, black mailed, and killed our own kind because we excepted the inner demons inside of us, so maybe it was best to leave this little fairy tale image vampires had about each other in tact. At least then, they would never have to know the suffering of it.

"She isn't obsessed with me. She just hasn't let go of the fact that I broke up with her. Well, we never technically dated, but still." Ronnie said trying to defend the fertile one again. He just wanted to make sure that a fertile, who was not even here and who was a bitch, still had the protection they se direly needed.

"Wh-Whatever you s-say, R-Ronnie." I muttered. Who was I to destroy this world the vampires spent so much effort maintaining?

"What? You don't believe me?" He asked turning to face me.

I shake my head. I didn't believe him at all.

"What don't you believe? The fact that I told it off or the fact that maybe the girl is just a little confused?" He asked sternly. From what I know, mates don't fight very often. The fertile would give in quickly to their dom's wishes, but I was born and raised in a human world where if you don't speak up, you get run over.

"I-I know you w-would h-have t-told it off it th-that is wh-what you s-say, b-but the girl is ob-obviously ob-obsessed. Sh-She knows what sh-she is d-doing is wr-wrong, b-but she d-doesn't care." I said facing him myself. We were now directly in front of each other, maybe a foot apart.

"You grew up in a human world. That may be how humans act, but vampires have never acted that way." He argued.

"Oh, b-bull." I muttered.

"Is the first thing you really want to do as a fertile is fight with me?" Ronnie sighed.

"W-We aren't f-fighting."

"Oh, then what are we doing?" He asked a little agitated. People don't usually go against what doms say.

"H-Having a h-heated discussion." I suggested.

"No, a heated discussion is when two people are debating a topic with an aggressive offensive. Fighting is when two people disagree to the point where I am going to end up on the couch tonight."

"Wh-Who said you w-were g-going to end up on th-the c-couch t-tonight?"

"If this conversation continues the way it is going I will."

"I-I w-would only m-make you sleep on the c-couch if you w-wanted t-to. It's your h-house." I shrugged pushing myself off the door and over to the couch.

"It's our house." Ronnie mumbled.

"Wh-What?"

"Our house. It isn't just my house anymore. It is our house. Do you not think of this as your home?"

Why did he ask that? What was I supposed to tell him? Every way I would have ended up lying to him. I didn't want to tell him the truth because then this was real. All of this became real. It is supposed to remain a dream. A sick, twisted dream where I live with a monster who I've seem kill before, kill other things like me. But, the sick part was that I liked the monster. That I didn't think the monster was a monster at all, just a different version of me.

"Y-You d-don't w-want to know." I muttered. I covered my face with my hands for a second time today. I didn't want to have to see him right now.

"I do want to know." He suggested firmly.

"N-No, you d-don't. You w-won't like th-the answer. S-So, l-leave it p-please."

"I don't care what the answer is. I want to know the truth. Do you think this house is your home?"

"F-Fine! Yes, I-I think th-this house is m-my h-home!" I screamed standing up. His eyes darkened to something that I didn't recognize. I didn't like it. For the first time, in a while, I was afraid of him again.

"I said I wanted the truth. Be decent enough to at least give me that, will you?" He said. His voice was different. It was gruffer, deeper, scarier.

I took in a shaky breath and tried not to stare at him. Just twenty minutes ago we were all lovey dove and then this happens.

"N-No, I d-don't think th-this is my h-home." I said quietly. I saw him the scary expression leave his face and turn into one of sadness, hurt almost. He ran a hand through his hair, and I regretted telling him.

"L-Look, it's n-not th-that I don't l-like it here or s-something. I l-love it h-here!" I tried to fix it.

"If you love it here so much than why?" He asked a little broken. I was his mate. I was supposed to love him unconditionally, and we were supposed to never fight. We were supposed to be happy, and smile, and do all that couple crap. The only way I could ever fix the mess I just made was if I told him the whole truth.

"It's j-just. . . It's j-just, I-I don't q-qualify anything as-as m-my home. I-I never h-have." I muttered sitting back down.

"Why not?" He asked. Why couldn't he just leave it?

"I-I d-don't know. Wh-When you g-give something a l-label th-that b-big, it b-becomes r-real. Wh-When th-things become r-real, you st-start to be h-happy. Whenever I-I w-was h-happy my life sc-screwed up. S-So, I st-stopped trying t-to be h-happy. I-I d-don't want this t-to get sc-screwed up. I-I l-like you t-too much." I said with the little confidence I had left.

"I like you a lot, too. Hell, I love you." Ronnie muttered flopping on the couch next to me.

He just said he loved me. He just said he fucking loved me! I didn't think our first confessions of love would be this un-romantic, but I wasn't complaining. I almost wanted to do a happy dance because he just said he loved me. I was beside myself for this. I think maybe deep down I kind of loved him, too.

I didn't say anything after his comment that made me almost sequel. I looked at him for a moment, but he didn't seem to catch the fact that he said it out loud. He looked up at me for a second like he was waiting for me to do something. I didn't really have anything in particular I wanted to do at the moment. The only thing I really did do was cruel up close to him with my head on his shoulder and my arms around his waist. He instantly responded by wrapping his arms around me to pull me closer and kissing my temple.

We sat there in a comforting type of silence. I think I even fell asleep at one point because I realized then I was totally exhausted.

Though, I was startled awake by one thought that kept running through my brain. The voice kept spitting them over and over again, and I wanted to make it stop. Scream at the top of my lungs to do something. I needed it to stop or I had no doubt my life would always be miserable.

Why would someone like him love you? You will never be good enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Team Tyler