Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Fighting Again

I was curled up into the tightest ball I could manage. My eyes were leaking tears like waterfalls. I couldn't believe any of this was happening. Why me? What did I deserve to get this sort of misery in my life? I was a good kid. I promise. I didn't say anything when I got smacked around. i didn't yell at my parents or demand therapy during the divorce like others. I was never a bad kid. I did what I was told and even put on a fucking happy face while doing it. So, why was this happening to me?

This whole situation with Ronnie was getting out of control. Every time I saw him all I could think about was how I would never be good enough. That I'm not good enough.

I was scared, terrified actually, that he was going to make this revelation himself and leave me in the dust, and for Tulip, too. I didn't want that to happen. I really started to like him, trust him. I've never really trusted anyone before. It was a feeling I didn't want to go away.

To top it off, we have been fighting constantly. From what I know, fertiles and doms don't fight like this. Every other conversation turned even the littlest bit heated at the end. I couldn't stand it. I was never good with fights. I can't hold my ground right. Defending myself was not a strong suit of mine. Why did you think I was smacked around so much?

I heard footsteps down the hall and immediately got control of myself. It wasn't him. Linda was still here. She visited often, especially during the weekends. It was a Saturday.

She walked right into Ronnie and my's bedroom not even bothering to knock, so I didn't bother to look up from the tiny corner I was in. She would be able to tell I was upset. I wasn't going to try to hide it that much.

"What's wrong?" She asked. She didn't ask people if they were okay. That was a stupid question. No one was okay these days.

"I-I'm f-fine." I stuttered. That was the only good thing about this damn stutter. No one could use it against me, if I was upset.

"You aren't fine, Max. What happened? Who's neck do I have to ring for making you upset?" Me.

"N-Nothing is wr-wrong, j-just th-these damn f-fertile emotions. Th-They are s-so fucking em-emotional." I lied smoothly.

"Alright. If you say so." She said unsure. She's too damn protective sometimes. I wish she would drop it sometimes.

"I-I h-have to st-start making d-dinner f-for when R-Ronnie gets h-home." I said standing up and walking off to the kitchen. I knew she would follow, so I didn't bother to check.

"Where is that boy anyways? He told me he was going out and that was it."

"H-He's g-going with s-some friends into t-town." I explained.

I didn't pay too much attention to anything she was telling me about after that. I was busy trying not to cut my fingers off while she was watching helping me cook. Apparently, there is some scandal at her school right now. There is this guy who likes her, but he has a girlfriend. Plus, Linda hates his guts, and he isn't leaving her alone. Something about having too much dom blood though his blood because he was more vamp than human.

It was always strange how the blood got mixed. Humans and vampires don't exactly get along, so where would the mix in blood come along. Linda must have gotten it from her father's side because her mother was my aunt, so I would have gotten that blood too, unless it totally got lost in my father's DNA.

I don't really remember when she left exactly, but she left quickly. I even offered for her to stay for dinner, but she bluntly refused. She never really does that, only if she knows something is going to happen. I'm sure it isn't anything important. She doesn't really care about things other people find important, like getting beat up or threatening doms. Things like that.

Do you know how boring it is to watch food cook? It's about as fun as staying at your grandma's house who doesn't hear or see properly but refuses to let anyone do anything, so she does it wrong. Sounds fun right?

There was a loud bang, and I nearly jumped out of my own skin. What the hell was that? I flew out of my seat and practically ran to the door way. There in his angry glory was Ronnie, and he was fuming.

Waves of fury washed off of him and hitting me like a two ton brick. His bitch black gaze of pure hatred was pointed to a poor human boy n the ground. He was already bloodied pretty badly. This wasn't going to end well, and I was going to be the one who has to clean up the mess.

Ronnie strolled with the grace of a lion about to walk up to its kill. The look in his eyes alone could give me nightmares for weeks, if not months. The human tried to scrabble to his feet, but he wasn't quick enough. We were never quick enough, us prey. Ronnie had his foot lodged into the back of his spine in a matter of moments, hissing less than friendly words.

He was picked up by his hair then, the human. Ronnie saw sure of it to grab the hairs on the back of his neck that would ache for days because of it. He was dragged then across the living room to the basement. I shuddered. Ronnie threw him down and let out a cruel laugh when the human screamed in horror and pain. I wanted to scream, too.

Time seemed to slow then. Screaming and sounds of pure, utter pain echoed through the halls like words said in an empty cave. Everything about this situation screamed to run, run away from here. I had to shut up my own instincts. They were screaming at me to bolt like a jack rabbit, but for some reason, I stayed. I didn't want to, but I did. I was going to have to get used to this one day, right? He was a dom. I couldn't change all of his ways, but that doesn't mean I like them.

The hurtful sounds stopped god knows when. I was in the kitchen, up and down, up and down, up and down. It got some of my emotions under control, but they were on hyper drive. I didn't fully lie to Linda. These emotions were insane.

The monster walked in like he didn't just kill someone, like he didn't just murder someone, and I was right here the entire time. He looked up at me and frowned. Maybe my horror-ed expression made him upset in someway. I kept my distance. The island was in between us at all times. If it wasn't, I don't know what I would've done.

"What are you scared of, Maxie?" He asked cocking his head to the left. He had the same tome when we first met. It was like I didn't know anything. That he was mocking me in a way for acting like I was. That I was oblivious to what goes on around me, and the way he said Maxie made my skin want to crawl. He's never said it like that to me.

The lack of response prompted him some more. He let out a laugh, no a chuckle. One that said this wasn't funny, but it filled the space.

"You know, I've tried very hard to be good for you. I really have. I stayed away from trying to kill pathetic pieces of shit, and I've really tried to keep my distance from the assholes at school that just make me want to kill them right then in there. There are two ways for a dom to let their anger and frustration out, and we both know I'm not getting either of those around here." He explained with venom.

"I-I n-never asked you t-to do anything f-for me. II d-don't c-care what you d-do." I said quietly ignoring the last statement.

"No, you didn't, but I'm not stupid, love. You still are attached to those humans." I cringed at the way he said that, like it was a curse. "If I hurt one of them, you would be terrified of me, like now." He continued sighing.

"Y-You d-don't know th-that." I whispered. he was raising his tone, so I was lowering mine.

He chuckled. "Don't be ignorant. You hate doms. You are absolutely terrified of us. The only way I got to touch you was the stupid mate bond."

I looked at him in the eye then, for the first time. He didn't realize what he just said, but I did. Maybe it was a slip of the tongue. Maybe it wasn't, but that doesn't mean I was going to let it go by. I wasn't that much of a coward. Besides, if he wanted to kill me, he could have done it by now.

"St-Stupid? Stupid?!" I questioned. My tone was rising then. "L-Look, I know you h-hate th-the f-fact that you have a f-fucking HUMAN for a m-mate, but you accepted it. Th-The least you c-can do is n-not shove it in m-my face th-that I'm n-not good enough for you!" I screamed.

His face changed in an instant. Tears were brimming into my eyes then, but I quickly wiped them away.

"I didn't mean it like that." He said softly.

"I-I know wh-what you m-meant." I spat.

"Max, listen to me-"

"NO! I-I'm sick of th-this! I-I know you d-didn't want th-this. You w-wanted a r-real f-fertile, who wouldn't b-be terrified of you f-friends. I-I get it. You sh-should have k-killed me th-the day m-my name c-came up. H-Humans and v-v-vampires sh-should never be t-together." I choked out.

"Max" He tried. I turned around and leaned against the counter. I didn't want him to see me breakdown. I've hid it so well up to this point.

"You know if I went back right, I wouldn't change I single thing that happened. I know it may not seem like it, but I haven't been this happy in a really long time." He said in a soft tome.

"B-But w-we fight all the t-time." I stated sniffling.

"Of course we do, darling." he said wrapping his arms around me and putting his face in the crook of my neck.

"D-Doms and f-fertiles d-don't fight." I said trying not to get sucked into the loviness.

He laughed, genuinely. "Who told you that bull? Doms and fertiles fight all the time. If you stick to random people together, mates or not, they aren't going to get along for a while. They have to adjust to each other. Humans are the same, except vampires stick with it until the end." He said a-matter-a-factly.

"S-So, you d-don't want t-to get r-rid of m-me?" I asked shaking,

He spun me around to look at me properly. He obviously thought I was delusional.

"Who would ever give you an idea as retarded as that one? Of course I'm not getting rid of you. I never want you to go." He said and then paused. I wasn't looking at him. His hand slipped onto my check. His thumb going over my top lip.

"You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. If anyone should be worried, it's me. You could do so much better than me. I'm the luckiest dom in the world. I never deserved someone like you." He said quietly before kissing my check.

I was ecstatic, over joyed even because the voices stopped yelling in my head. They didn't need to tell me anything anymore because the only voice I needed to believe was the one belonging to the man right in front of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
To my dear, faithful subscribers who i love with all of my heart. You will realize that this is not the chapter I had previously written. That chapter was lost in the server crash, and I was not able to recover it. So, I improvised. This is what you got. It's kinda the idea for the next chapter and the one I had already written in one. So, less work for tator!