Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Angel of Death

"Stay right here." Ronnie said walking down the hall to Craig. It's super secret apparently because I couldn't go with him.

This was the first official day I'd be back to school. I ended up waking up on a Wednesday, and the whole thing of changing species seems to be exhausting. I could barely get up the first day after. It was worse then the first day I woke up. My limbs felt like bricks, and my heart unnaturally slow to me. I thought I was going to pace out from lack of oxygen. Ronnie proceeded to tell me how stupid I was for thinking that. They weren't his exact words, but he wanted to see them.

I have to get used to being a vampire it seems. So does everyone else as well. no one seemed to notice, and still treated me like a human. Not that I cared. I was a human for all of my life until not even a week ago. Being treated differently doesn't seem right.

I still remember the class we had before the school integrated for the first time in fourth grade. We had known about them for years ahead of time, but the humans couldn't afford making all these separate schools. So, they decided to put us together. You didn't want humans starving because of lack of money. We were the food source to them.

"Okay, class. Now listen to what I say very carefully. You must follow all of the rules, or you will get into a lot of trouble." The teacher said. Of course she didn't tell us we were going to be killed for not following the rules.

"Try to avoid vampires at all costs. Don't look at them. Don't touch them. Don't speak to them. If they speak to you, refer to them as you would refer to your parents or teachers, with sir and ma'am. If you do end up looking at them, look away very quickly, and do not look them in the eye. And, under no circumstances will you make fun of or hurt one of the vampires." She said sternly.

I also remember that was the first day I saw a dead body. A fifth grader got killed by one of the doms. That's when I started avoiding them at all times. I've never seen an adult brake down like that. There was so much blood.

I was taken out of my thoughts of the past when a person slammed into me, hard, from behind. I fell to the floor with my books sprawled around like the feathers of an elegant peacock. The sound of my skull hitting the concrete floor made me sick. it was worse than the pain from it.

"Oh hell, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I heard from behind me. I sat up rubbing my sore head.

Before me was a dom. His entire form just demanded respect. His tall form had an athletic form that had enough muscle to use but not enough to get in the way. Black hair framed his lean face well. The short nose and the high check bones gave him an almost cute look, but everything else made him seem deadly. He reminded me very much of Ronnie when I first saw him, but when I first saw Ronnie, he seemed much scarier.

"I-I'm f-fine." I said realizing I was staring at him. Grabbing at my books, I could feel the pain in my head start to turn into a low ache that would be there for a while.

"Here let me help you with those." The nameless dom said leaning down and picking my books up. His hand brushed mine, and I flinched back from his ice cold skin. He didn't seem normal, not entirely.

"What's your name, pretty?" He asked standing back up with a smirk on his face. My face heated up. Not because I was flattered, but because I felt like only Ronnie should call me that. he was the only one who could get away with it at least.

"M-Max." I said quickly.

"Max, eh? I'm Mortis." He said ticking his hand out. Ronnie saved me from further contact though.

"Max, are you okay?" He asked concerned after rushing over with Craig.

"F-Fine." I said grabbing his hand.

Doms are usually very possessive from what I've learned, so me grabbing his hand would just be doing what he would be doing except earlier. That and this guy was giving me the creeps. Showing that I was the most feared dom in the school's mate might help him leave me alone.

"Who are you?" Ronnie said with a set jaw.

"Mortis Angelus. I'm new here, and in my rush to find my classes, I'd seemed to run into Max here." he said with the same sly tone he used while talking to me. Either the fact that I was holding onto Ronnie didn't faze him and he didn't care, or he didn't think Ronnie was my mate. Which would be very strange on its own.

"Angelus? I heard that name before. Didn't your clan live in the west for awhile?" Craig asked.

"Yes, and we still do. I was called over here to live with my cousin for a little while. She is apparently having a crisis or something. Fertiles things, I'm sure." He chuckled. Craig offered him a fake smile, but Ronnie was still set on glaring at him. He got the same vibe that I did, i guess.

"I'm sorry. I didn't seem to catch your names." Motis said.

"Because we didn't give any," Ronnie said before the bell rang. "Look at that. That's the bell. We should get going." He tugged my arm and I followed him down the hall to our next class. Craig close behind.

"You feel that?" Craig asked when we got into the classroom.

"Yeah." Ronnie replied pulling me into his lap. It seems he still need more conformation that I'm still his.

"You know what that means?" Craig asked.

"Oh, yeah." Ronnie said sighing.

"Wh-What's g-going on?" I asked.

"Well, that guy isn't a normal dom-" Craig said.

"Stay away from him," Ronnie interrupted "At all costs, avoid him. Understand?" I quickly nodded.

"Good." They both said.

The last bell rang, and late kids scurried to their seats hoping to get away with being tardy. It didn't work. After trying to pull away from Ronnie countless times, I ended up staying in his spot with him. The teacher wouldn't say anything. She was a human after all.

Not two minutes into class I felt Ronnie stiffen, and I looked up in time to see someone walk in.

"Hi, I'm new here." He said.

And, it was like that all day. So much for avoiding him. You can't avoid someone who sits right next to you in the majority of your classes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mortis-Death
Angelus-Angel in Latin
Thank you so much to all of you who read the last chapter and realized I changed it, and then didn't send me hate mail. It made me feel good. :0
Team Tyler