Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Seriously, Can We?

"Max! Wait a second!" Someone shouted. I recognized the voice a second too late, and he caught up with me in the hall after last block. Ronnie walked ahead to his torture class, and after much convincing he let me walk the opposite way for my fertile class by myself like a big boy.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I c-can't stay t-to talk. I-I'll be l-late." I stuttered up an excuse. I did not want to hang around him. I knew that he gave me the creeps, but after Ronnie's warning, it was a much stronger feeling.

"Well, let me walk you to your class." He suggested.

"I-It’s f-fine. It's only d-down the ha-hall th-there." I tried again.

"No, no, I insist." He said with a smile. I couldn't shake the feeling of pure dread that washed over me with the thought that he was staying with me for a while. Right now the mate bond would come in handy.

"So, do you always stutter? Or are you just a nervous person?" He asked. I didn't want to answer, but then he would just push at it.

"Ye-Yes, th-the stutter has b-been a part of m-my life for a-a while n-now. It has gotten b-better since b-being with my m-mate th-though." I replied. I was hoping the fact that I told him I had a mate would make him back off, but it didn't seem to faze him, just like earlier.

"You could get coaching to make it get better. I knew someone way back when who did that." He said like we were just friends who were having a conversation.

"M-Maybe one d-day." I said.

"So, is your mate that rude guy from earlier?" He asked then. I was so close to freedom. Any moment now and I would be in my class waiting for it to begin. After that, Ronnie would be with me at all times, so I wouldn't have to worry about this creep, Mortis.

"H-He isn't r-rude just p-p-possessive and very pro-protective." I said to his snide question.

"I would be, too, if I had someone as pretty as you under my arm all the time." Mortis said with a slight smile. This would be flattering, and a very nice thing to say to another person, but it made me want to gag and possible get someone to hit him. I wasn't strong enough to damage.

"Here's m-my class. B-Bye." I said quickly before ducking in my classroom. Doms weren't allowed in this class, and the teacher had enough back bone to remind them.

I walked into the class, and I heard clapping. I looked around for a second. Clapping when you first walk into a class is strange. Not knowing what they are clapping at is stranger. Realization hit me when I realized they were clapping for me, realization and pure terror.

What did I do? Nothing that deserved clapping. I mean people clap for good things or if there is something really embarrassing that they are making fun of. I don't think I did anything embarrassing recently besides the face plant earlier today.

My face was completely red by now, and I'm sure it was still creeping up from my neck as well.

Everyone was staring at me and smiling. It was strange, and I didn't understand it. The teacher was grinning like a fool, so that didn't help much. Everyone seemed to congratulate him on something that I didn't remember doing. Everyone besides Tulip and her two little friends, but she wouldn't congratulate me on anything. She hates me with the burning passion of hell. I can help it that Ronnie likes me better.

"Class, class, stop embarrassing the poor boy now." The teacher said walking to the front. I took my seat next to Frank.

"Wh-What was th-that about?" I asked with nerves raddling in my brain.

"We were showing that we are happy for you." He answered with a smile.

"Wh-Why?" I asked.

"You're a fertile now. We stick up for our own. All of us honestly didn't think it would be this year when you became a fertile. You seemed pretty content with being a human." Frank answered.

"Ronnie c-can be very persuasive." I sighed. That's what they were clapping for? I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I guess it is though.

The teacher then droned on about something or other. It’s funny how I haven't been in this class very long, but yet I already found a way to ignore the teacher completely. I couldn't help it. My mind was somewhere else, like the fact that I now had a creepy guy trying to get my attention or the fact that someone was glaring at me from the front of the room.

I looked up and noticed that Tulip was staring at me. Her dark eyes were boring holes into my head. It was like she wished her own eyes were lasers and that she could kill me at any moment if she wanted, which she did.

Something caught my attention though. Tulip had black roots. Her hair wasn't naturally red, and her eyes were the same color as Mortis. That’s odd. They have a strange similarity. Maybe- No. I'm probably thinking this because they both are people I don't want in my life, and they are. I've got pyschos on the brain I guess.

The bell rang, representing the end of a class that I didn't pay attention in what so freaking ever. I grabbed my bag and said my quick good byes to Ray, Frank, and Monte. Slipping my bag over my shoulders I walked out of the room and saw guess who talking to my mate? I'll give you a hint. It's one of the people I hate. If you guessed Tulip, you are correct.

"You turned him into one of us? That wasn't part of the plan, baby." She whined at him. She didn't notice I was standing nearly a yard behind her. Ronnie did on the other hand, and he shot me a panicked look saying "Help me!" I chose to ignore it. He got blood on the carpet the other day, and this was my little revenge.

"I don't-"

"Now, now Ronnie, I know you don't like talking about it at school, but this is the only place that little shore isn't with you twenty four seven. I mean, really, can't he do anything for himself?" She interrupted. I raised my eyebrows. What did that bitch say?

"Tulip, I legitimately have no idea what you are talking about." Ronnie said very slowly. It was like he was talking to a five year old.

"Of course you do, babe. You know the plan to get rid of that little bitch you got matched with incorrectly and to get me by my rightful place by your side." She explained (as what I think was seductive), rubbing her hand down her arm. Okay, now bitch be trippin.

"Wh-What are you g-guys t-talking about?" I asked. Tulip turned to me with a gaze the devil could hardly master, and Ronnie gave me a look that said 'fucking finally'.

"It's none of your business." Tulip replied in the snottiest way you could ever imagine someone's voice sounding like.

"You should go." Ronnie said to her then. She looked shocked for a second then back at me. Turning away from me I saw her whisper something to Ronnie before running her hand down his chest. It took all the will power I possess not to slap her.

When she was out of ear shot, Ronnie spoke up again. "Why in the world did you wait that long?"

"You g-got bl-blood on my c-carpet." I shrugged.

"Oh," He said pulling me closer with an arm around my waist, "So now it’s your carpet, huh?" He was smiling and showing all of his teeth, including his extended canines.

"Wh-When you start cl-cleaning it, it c-can be yours ag-again." I smiled.

"Hm." He replied kissing me quickly.

"We should get home so we can make out on the couch." He smirked. I felt my face go red.

"W-Well, that's pretty b-blunt. I-I didn't think you we-were l-like that." I said looking down embarrassed.

"I'm not." He leant down to my ear, “You’re just cute when you blush." He kissed me on the check as I shoved him playfully. He grabbed my hand and started to lead me down the hall.

It was strange now. Before, I hated walking near Ronnie because everyone would stare in shock. It doesn't bother me that much anymore. Of course everyone still stared because now I, the former human, was joking around and kissing the scariest dom in the high school, and no one knew how to react to it. I couldn't blame them. I didn't know how to react to it.

I recognized one of the jocks that used to beat me up. I almost missed him because his face was beaten pretty badly and he was on crutches. If I remembered correctly, that's the jock Ronnie spared only to get the message around that I was his mate. I smiled at the thought. Then, it was terrifying. Now, with this new mind set, it was kind of sweet that he would protect me like that.

I heard a growl and noticed the jock was staring a second too long, and Ronnie caught him. He didn't go after him like any other dom would because he had me at the moment, and apparently I was a little more important than a stare that took a little too long.

We got to the car in a perfectly reasonable amount of time. Getting into the passenger seat, I flung my bag into the back without a care for its contents. Ronnie started up the purring engine, and we were on our way home.

"So, wh-what did T-Tulip say?" I asked with curiously clear in my tone.

"When? All of it was stupid rambling that made no sense." Ronnie replied looking at me briefly.

"Wh-When she wh-whispered something to you." I clarified.

"Oh, that. Yeah she said something like if I ever needed a real fuck then I knew where to find her." He shrugged. My face heated up.

The whole topic about sex with Ronnie was strange. Yeah, he mentioned it in a fight, but other than that, we haven't had any discussion on it. We lived together and we still haven't had sex. it usually worked the other way around. He wasn't a virgin. I knew that, but I did find it odd that he hasn't tried to go any further than kissing with the occasional roaming hands. I guess I was kind of thankful for that. I didn't think I was ready for that step in our relationship, even though I'm pretty much stuck with him for the rest of my life. You know the whole changing species thing.

"I heard that Mortis talked to you today." Ronnie said, changing the topic of my thoughts.

"H-He did." I replied chewing on my lip.

"I told you to stay away from him, Max." Ronnie said sternly.

"I-I know, b-but tell him th-that. I-I told him I-I could walk p-perfectly fine on m-my own, but he wouldn't l-listen." I explained.

"If he ever tries to do that again, just, I don't know. Talk to some other random person to show him your not interesting or something. You really need to not talk to him, if you can help it."

"I'll tr-try." I promised.

We pulled up to the house then. I needed to start working on the garden again because a few weeds were poking up.

After walking into the house, Ronnie swung his bag into the corner and then took mine to do the same. He lazily walked over to the couch before flinging himself on it. After successfully managing to take up all possible room, he beckoned me over. I walked over and sat on the little space that was left near his torso. He smirked at something, but I didn't figure out what until I was on my back completely dumbfounded at what the hell just happened. How he turned us over that fast, I don't know, but he did.

"Seriously, can we make out now?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Team Tyler