Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

You Can't Do That

"Radke, you can't fucking do that!" Shawn screamed at me. He was an old friend who now apparently works at the court. Not that I cared what he does. Like I said, he was an old friend.

"He attacked my mate." I said through gritted teeth. I was pissed. No, pissed doesn't being to describe it. I was so far passed pissed. Furious? Not strong enough. Fuming? Eh. Murderous? Crazed? Fuck yes.

Shawn ran his hand over his face. "It technically doesn't account as an attack unless violence is used. You, on the other hand, you just ASSAULTED another dom in the middle of a COURT ROOM!"

I slammed my hands down onto the table that was in front of me. "I don't fucking care that I attacked him in the court room. I would do it again in a fucking heart beat! You should be happy I didn't kill him because you don't know how fucking bad I wanted to."

"I understand that you are angry-"

"No, oh, hell no." I interrupted. "I was angry when I found out that freak kidnapped my mate. I was angry when I found him bloodied and wanting to die. I was fucking angry when Max didn't wake up in the hospital for four days! I was fucking angry when he woke up with nightmares twice a night! I was fucking angry when I saw that shit head on the news, and Max burst into tears and locked himself in our room for three hours! I was fucking angry when I heard all the horrid things that he did to my mate! I am so far from angry now!"

"And, I can understand that, but you can't assault him! His lawyer can use that in the case now, and he might win." Shawn said.

"That fuck face isn't going to win. The jury saw what happened. They know that what I did was perfectly justified." I growled.

He sighed again. "Ronnie, it took five doms, five strong doms, to rip you away from Mortis. We can't let you near him now. If they need Max to come back to court, you aren't allowed to be there."

"What?! There is no way I'm letting that asshole anywhere near Max, especially not without me." I screamed.

"Well," Shawn started. "With that stunt you pulled your lucky you aren't getting arrested. It took a lot of favors to at least get you that."

"Then pull a few more because there is no way Max is going near him again." I said.

"Ronnie, they aren't going to let that happen. If Max is needed further in the case, then he's going to have to come. Under the special circumstances they aren't going to arrest you because they know how fragile Max is." Shawn explained.

"No, Max isn't fragile. He is fucking destroyed because of that guy. If these were really special circumstances, then that fucker would already be dead. You already know he did it! Everyone does! Why hasn't he been killed yet?" I roared.

"He's a dom, and every dom has a right to a trial. And, I know everyone knows that he already did, even his lawyer. That's why his lawyer isn't trying that hard. Everyone wants this guy to go down, and he will. But, they might need more of Max's help, and you aren't allowed to be around Mortis anymore." Shawn said.

"Fine," I said. "I fucking get it. I can't be in the same room as him, but just tell that creep that if he pulls another stunt like that again I will hunt him down and kill him. They're lucky I didn't this time." I mumbled the last bit. "Now, I have a mate to get to who is probably freaking out from that bitch your little court wants to defend so much." I growled before I stormed out.

I walked down the hall trying to calm down a bit. Max would be scared out of his mind right now, and I know me being pissed isn't going to help. Before I could even get to where I thought he would be, Max ran up and scared the shit out of me by nearly knocking me over in a hug. I sighed and hugged him back until his sobs dyed down.

"Come on, love. Let's go home." I said. He nodded into my shoulder, and we left the court house.

When we were in the car, Max didn't talk at all. He just sat there silently, looking out the window. It was gloomy out today. The clouds covered the sky. Maybe there would be rain, but it was always like that here. So, probably not.

We got all the way home, and I don't think Max even blinked. God, that boy worried the hell out of me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking half the time. When he did show it, it was usually bad. Why did it have to be him? He was so innocent. He couldn't handle this. Everyone was too mean to him. If they knew the real him, the person that I saw, they would love him as much as I do. What isn't there to love? He's adorable, and cute, and sweet, and nice, and innocent, and everything anyone could want.

"Look, Max, I shouldn't have reacted that way." I said. I wanted him to react, just a little.

He looked over at me. "It m-made me f-feel s-safe." He said quietly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I-I don't th-think you over r-reacted. It m-made me f-feel protected." He said.

"Oh, well, the people there thought I did, and I'm not allowed to be in the same room as him anymore." I explained.

"Wh-What?" He asked with a frightened expression. "I-I can't g-go near him without ya-you. Th-They c-can't make me. Th-They can't."

"No, no, darling, they probably won't need you anymore. You did great today. Everything's going to be fine." I said. He nodded his head. "Okay, now let's go inside." I said, and then when went in the house.

We spent the rest of the day on the couch. Even with him still in pain, he was attached to me the entire day. I was glad. I don't think I would like him being even three feet away from me after something like that happens. God, I don't know what I'm going to do. I wanted him to get better. I wanted him to be happy. This was too much for him. All I wanted was for this to end.

"I love you." I said into his neck.

"I-I love you, t-too." He replied.

Yeah, everything was going to be fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was thinking about making a sequel of Ronnie's point of view of this story. So, this was a test run. Hope you guys like it.
Team Tyler