Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

They Were Lying Fakes

Things have been strange recently, ever so strange. I understood why certain people reacted towards me now, and I understood that something wouldn't be the same after this. But, what I didn't understand was why everyone else was now so concerned with my life. They never have been before.

I went back to school last week, and it took me nearly two weeks to beg Ronnie to let me. It was what I expected at first. When you see a fertile walk into school with evident bruising on his body and a slight limp in his walk, you stare for a moment or two, wondering what made that happen. But, they didn't just do that. At first, nothing was strange, but then they would start to whisper as I walked by. They would give me looks that said they knew what happened. Hell, people I didn't even know would come up to me and tell me how sorry they were for me! What was there to feel sorry about? They didn't go through the shit I did, and for fucking sake, they didn't even know! We kept this entire thing a secret!

Ronnie was even worse than that. He was being way over protective. I understood that he didn't want anything to happen to me anymore, really, I did. But, there had to be a point where you drew the line. He was acted like this to people we already knew before this whole incident happened! I was shocked that our close group of friends wasn’t scrutinized for their every move by him. I was glad he didn't think they were a threat.

I was sitting on the couch, just thinking, thinking about the strange habits people seemed to now have around me. I wasn't a fucking doll, and I wasn't fucking broken! I was fine now! The nightmares were going away. I can look people in the eye without being afraid anymore. I was just fine, but everyone else didn't seem to get that memo. I wanted things back to normal. That was the only way we could all put this behind us, and I mean everyone.

The phone rang, and I picked it up without looking at who it would be. No one really important ever called besides our friends.

"H-Hello?" I answered.

"Max!" Linda screamed. "Turn on the news right now!"

I made a questioning look, but realized she wouldn't be able to see that. "Wh-Why?" I asked.

"Just do it!" She yelled.

I sighed. "Fine."

I flipped the TV on, changing whatever channel it was on over to the news. The woman on there was the typical news anchor. Her face blotched completely with make-up that could only be described as caked on. That smile they all seemed to have that was incredibly white came from her thin, red lips. She was the type of person I hated, insincere, uncaring, fake.

"Welcome back," she said with a cheery voice I knew wasn't real. "We now bring you the story of the fertile being called the bravest fertile alive. It was three weeks ago when a young Maxwell Green was kidnapped from the park. The police searched high and low for him only to be found by his mate, Ronald Radke, nearly a week after his disappearance."

"R-Ronnie!" I screamed in pure horror. How did they know about this? Who told them? This isn't right! This can't be happening!

I heard him come running up the stairs from the basement. "What's wrong?" Panic was clear in his voice. All I could manage was to point at the screen with one bitter finger.

The woman continued to talk. "He was in the emergency room for nearly another week in a coma. The doctors saying he was covered in heavy bruising and multiple stab wounds, and he was in serious condition for malnutrition and dehydration. The culprits in question are another young fertile who was put in a mental hospital and a dom who is currently standing trial for these heinous crimes. His verdict will be read tomorrow night, more on that at six. We now bring you to Elizabeth in the field."

The camera switched over to another woman, thin, gorgeous, blonde, obviously a fertile with way too much time on their hands. I assumed they used her because no one would dare hurt her if things got a little ruff, unlike a human anchor.

"Thanks, Shirley." She responded. "I'm currently standing in front of Singleton High School where Maxwell and his mate are now attending." A video of me and Ronnie walking out of the school with Patrick and Pete walking next to us was played. "We now bring you Kristen Fields, a fried of both Maxwell and Ronald."

The camera moved over to a fertile with long, dark hair. Her face was completely unfamiliar to me. I don't remember ever seeing this girl before in my life, but she continued to smile with the camera on her. A picture came to my mind; I knew who this bitch was. She was a friend of Tulip's. I can't even begin to describe who much anger I felt towards this fake attention-whore.

"Kristen, you are a friend of both Maxwell and Ronald, correct?" Elizabeth asked.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I have classes we both of them, and have become good friends with Max since then."

"So, you heard about what happened to him?"

"Well," she replied. "Not really. They tried to keep it on the D.L, but when Max came back to school last week, he was just covered in purple blotches they still hadn't healed, especially one over his eye. And, he walked with like this limp. Everyone could tell that something happened to him."

The news lady nodded like she actually cared about what Kristen was saying. "And, he later told you what happened?"

"No, not really. He kind of shut himself off from everyone, and Ronnie was really protective once he came back to school. I don't think he even told his closest friend what happened. I heard some rumors that were flying around, and then once your news story came on last week, it was confirmed. I immediately stomped over to him, demanding answers. And, he told me everything after that."

"Thank you, Kristen." The vial woman said. "Back to you, Shirley."

The camera flipped back to the first woman. "Thank you, Elizabeth. More news on Maxwell and his condition tomorrow. Stay tuned."

I couldn't believe this. How long were they reporting on me? Shouldn't I get a say in this? I think I damn well should. They can't just go running around telling lies about me. They should at least be smart enough to know that bitch isn't my friend. She didn't even know that all of my friends knew because they were the ones that found me, and they all came to visit me in the hospital. Frank even baked me cookies!

"Max, love, calm down." Ronnie said, putting his hands on the side of my face, making me look at him.

I didn't realize my breathing was ragged, or that I was gripping the phone in my hand so hard that my knuckles turned ghostly white. "Th-They shouldn't b-be a-allowed to d-do th-that, Ronnie. Wh-Why d-didn't anyone as-ask me? I-I get a say in th-this d-don't I?" I questioned.

"Yes, honey, you should. What they are doing is totally, and completely wrong. I going to go and talk to them, so you need to hand me the phone, okay?" He said carefully. He knew I was upset, and he also knew that I could get even more upset if he said the wrong thing. And, when I get upset, I do things that people don't really like. But, I could also tell he was upset as he looked over at me with black eyes.

His fingers got mine to release the phone I was still holding. He put it up to his ear. I could hear Linda screaming something or other, but I was still too shocked to comprehend what was happening around me. The screen flashed with different colors, different pictures that the anchors had moved onto, but it didn't matter. They shattered that one hope that everyone still didn't know what happened. If everyone didn't know, I would move on easier, quicker, because they wouldn't all think it was their right to protect me from everything, to think it was okay to come up and ask if I was okay. I would never escape this now. It will always be there.

"How soon can you get here?" Ronnie asked Linda on the other end of the phone.

There was reply, but I couldn't hear what she said.

"Good, because I have a few people to visit." His tone wasn't nice. It didn't say he was going to have a polite chat with someone. Oh no, he was just as pissed as I was, and the thing these idiots at the news corporation didn't comprehend is that when Ronnie was upset, people died.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Dada! Finally, a new chapter. Thank you for your patience, and I hope this makes all of your dreams come true.