Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Mated to the Lion When You are the Lamb

"Everybody is report to the auditorium at this time." Came over the intercom. I was sitting in math when it came on.

Everyone walked to where the auditorium was located, most jabbering their heads off. I don't see why this was so exciting. Half the humans were missing, and we would be sitting in there for about two hours before it was over and all the vampires would go home for some traditional things they have to do. It was quite a drag honestly.

I picked a seat in the back corner where no one else was sitting. The humans were separated from the vampires during this event. I guess they didn't want a fight to break out on the special event.

A high class dom came on the stage and everyone shut up real quick. He said things that I wasn't really paying attention to honestly. It didn't pertain to me, so why should I care?

The names started rolling along and some faces were happier than others. I recognized some faces, others were completely foreign.

It was strange how people acted during these. The humans were the well behaved ones today. All the vampires were on edge, so no one dared mess with them. The fertiles were all madly blushing and giggling like school girls, while the doms were all acting like they were at the top of the world. They probably were. They got to find their soul mates without even lifting a finger. It was like the ultimate laziness when it came to your love life.

Names kept spilling out of the doms mouth like he practiced it.

"Gerard Way and Frank Iero." He would say, and then he would continue like he didn't change someone's life with one little word.

"Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump." He continued. It wasn't in alphabetical order, so I had no idea how much more time I was going to be sitting here with my brain cells slowly dying because of the pure boredom I was facing.

"Ronnie Radke and Max Green." He said.

Everything stopped. No body moved except for their heads to snap in my direction. I used to think that no one knew who I was. They figured it out then. I didn't know what to do. Should I get up? Should I pretend that that wasn't my name he was calling? I'm sure I wasn't the only guy named Max Green. It was a common name.

"Ronnie Radke and Max Green." He said again clearly agitated.

Another vampire beside Ronnie was standing up. No one else was standing up. Why was no one else standing up? My heart beated about twenty times faster than a normal person's heart should beat. Ronnie looked at me then. It was brief, and he didn't seem upset. He just did that head thing when someone wanted you to go somewhere, but they didn't have the hands to point or something.

I hesitated but got up anyways. I shakingly walked out of the side doors where some scary looking vampires and Ronnie were standing waiting for me, I suppose. I could hear the names continue to be called like this was completely normal. It wasn't. I was human. this shouldn't be happening.

"Ronnie we want to speak with you a moment. You stay here, human." One of the vampires said. Ronnie nodded his head, and I didn't dare do anything except stand right where they said to stay.

This was how I was going to die. I knew that for sure. They probably thought that I rigged the thing or something. There was no humanly way I could've. I didn't even know why someone would want to do that.

Time seemed to tick slower than. It felt like I was standing there for hours,and according to the clock down the hall I was. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't really prepared to die, but this was a better way then waiting for the day where all the beatings would eventually cause me to suffocate on my own blood or from internal bleeding. Though, if they thought I messed with their little list, they could torture me, and that didn't seem like a very good way to go either.

After what seemed like a very small eternity, Ronnie walked out the doors where he disappeared to. He didn't say anything just stared at me like he did in math sometimes. The silence made me want to scream or say something to make me know when and how I was supposed to die.

"I-i d-didn't rig it-t, but-t you wouldn't-t believe m-me. S-s-so, just-t k-kill m-me now, and get-t it-t over with-th." I stuttered. I just signed my own death wish, and I couldn't even say it with any confidence. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"You want me to kill you?" He asked in a gruff voice. I never heard him talk in a full volume before.

"N-no, but-t you were going-g t-to d-do it-t anyways-s." He just shrugged and stalked towards me. I fell back into the lockers behind me as a natural instinct to get away from the predator coming towards me. He didn't seem to mind much, seeing as I was practically trapped now.

He crouched down to where he could easily reach my major artery in my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the extreme pain that was about to erupt from my body. My sense seemed to go into overdrive then. I could feel the cold of the lockers on my hot skin. I could feel his warm breath on my neck. I could feel his fangs graze my neck looking for the area that would do most damage, but I didn't feel any pain yet.

I waited and waited and waited, but nothing came. I didn't feel the sensation of my blood leaving the veins in which they are being held. I didn't feel the burn of his fangs entering my flesh to which they were not accustomed. I didn't feel anything at all.

I opened one of my eyes, and I could see Ronnie standing a few feet in front of me holding in some laughs. I honestly didn't know how to react. I wasn't dead yet, and I didn't know if that was a good sign or not.

Another vampire came from where Ronnie came not two minutes ago, and I quickly averted my eyes to the ground. I wasn't dead yet, so I wasn't going to push my luck.

"So, I assume you are going to go the traditional route, even with this glitch in the road." He said.

"That was the plan." Ronnie replied like it was obvious.

"Alright. I have work to do, so try not to kill him." The vampire laughed. Boy, was my heart even faster than. I had no idea what they were talking about, and I don't know if I really wanted to.

"Oh, fuck off already." Ronnie said. My eyes widened a bit at that. I never heard anyone talk to a dom like that. Ronnie sure has some guts.

The vampire walked off, and Ronnie started to walk down the hall. I just stood there. What was I supposed to do? He stopped once he realized I wasn't following him.

"Are you coming or not?" He asked irritated. I didn't want to anger him any more, so I followed, even though I could be walking the green mile for all I knew.

We walked out to what I assumed was his car, and he asked me where I lived. I stuttered through a short answer, and he drove quickly to my apartment complex. I went up to my cruddy apartment with him following for some unknown reason. i had no idea what was going on, and it honestly scared the shit out of me. He could be planning to kill everyone of my family members and make me watch for all I knew.

My nerves made it impossible to put the key successfully in the lock. They made it impossible to grab the door handle and open it on the first try. They made it impossible to look at anything in the entrance to my place other than the floor. They made it impossible to control my breathing or my heart beat. They also made it impossible to notice that my mother and my step father were both in the house.

"Max, what's going on? The school said to come home right away." My mother said with fake concern obvious in her voice.

"Max, I think we should speak in private. Away from your . . .um, friend for a moment." My step father said. I nodded quickly and followed them into the kitchen away from Ronnie's all seeing eyes. I tugged on the straps of my back pack trying to remind myself that this was happening.

"What have you done, boy?" My step father spat, hitting me across the face. My head whipped to the side, and I saw my mother smile slightly.

"Huh, are you going to answer, you worthless piece of shit?" He snarled.

"I-i don't-t know-w." I said quietly.

"Well, now we are going to have to fix your fucking mistakes again. You better hope that this guy only wants a word because I will do much worse tan he ever could." He half growled before stepping out of the room. My mother shook her head slightly and walked over to me. She brushed back some hair that fell in my face.

"What have you done now?" She whispered.

"N-nothing. Th-they c-called my n-name." I tried to explain. She just shook her head and put on that smile that made me want to rip her face right off.

"I never should have had you. I knew you were going to be a mistake. Now, go get that vampire out of my house." She said sweetly like she didn't just twist a knife into my gut.

I walked out of the kitchen to see Ronnie pinning my step father up against the wall by his throat. Pure terror was in his eyes, and he looked at me for help. I was frozen in my spot. I didn't know what to do. That seemed to happen a lot lately.

Ronnie muttered something to him, and his eyes went wide for a second before they closed from lack of oxygen. He was then dropped and spit on. Ronnie seemed to notice me then. His eyes were dark red, and his face had a look of pure evil all over it.

He walked casually over to me, and I walked back. Not out of instinct this time but of pure sense. I wasn't about to walk towards a man who just held someone by their throat. My back it the wall, and I cursed in my head for not having an effective escape plan.

"Are you afraid of me, Maxie?" He asked coming closer to me.

I don't know why, but I shook my head. I wasn't afraid of the lion in front of the cowering lamb. He smirked, and I regretted my choice.

"You are quite pretty for a human, you know. It's a shame that you always have all these nasty bruises on your face. They don't become you very well." He said reaching his hand out and touching my check with his fingertips. He was barely six inches in front of me know. My breath caught in my throat.

"You shouldn't lie to a vampire, Max. They always know." He whispered in my ear.

"Max Green, open the fucking door or I'll open it for you!" Someone screamed while pounding on my front door. I instantly recognized it as Linda's. She always came around when I didn't meet her at the park. Today, I didn't meet her, so here she was. I let out a sigh of relief because Ronnie backed away from me, so I could answer the door.

"It's about fucking time! I've been knocking for like ten minutes." She said inviting herself in.

"S-s-sorry."

"Why the fuck is he on the floor?" She asked pointing to my step father, but then looked over at Ronnie who was leaning against the far wall. "And, who the fuck it that?" She asked seconds later.

"Crude words for such a little human." Ronnie said.

"Unless, that is your name, which I doubt, then you haven't answered either of my questions. Max, who is this?"

"R-r-ronnie." I stuttered.

"And, he's here why? I already assumed that that's why George is on the floor." I just shrugged. I genuinely had no idea why Ronnie had come into my house.

"So, Ronnie, since Max here obviously has no idea why you are here, care to enlighten us?" She asked looking him dead in the eye. She was always a little gutsy with vampires, but this was just plain out insane.

"You don't remember your place. Do you, human?" He snarled pushing himself off the wall. Linda let out a laugh.

"I'm not a human. I'm what you vampires call a deochi." She said like it was the greastest thing in the world. Deochi meant evil eye in the ancient language of the vampires. It basically meant that she was a half blood. They were sacred to the vampires. Ronnie couldn't touch her.

"You are a deochi? I thought they were, I don't know, more impressive looking than you." Ronnie mocked.

"Yeah, well you shouldn't think too much. It'll hurt your brain. You never told me why you were here."

"Being a deochi, you should know."

"I only know what the universe tells me."

"Well, I'm simply here because I'm following tradition of meeting my mate's parents." He said.

"What?!" Linda and I said at the same time, me with some slight stuttering.

Ronnie then said something that made my knees buckle beneath me, and my head to start to spin. He said, "Max, here, is my mate."
♠ ♠ ♠
deoci- evil eye in Romanion