Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Party of Leeches

My knees went weak, and my hands wouldn't stop shaking. Being in the same room as Ronnie was unnerving, but being alone with Ronnie in his own house were you have no advantage was terrifying. I didn't enjoy it, not even in the slightest bit.

I was sitting in his living room on the couch. He said to wait here and that a visitor or two would come over later, but not to be alarmed because they were 'good people'. No vampire is a 'good person'. No one these days are a 'good person'.

My knees were drawn to my chest, and the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Calm down, Max. You can handle this. You can do this. It isn't that hard just sit here and look pretty and nod your head every once and a while. Yeah, that shouldn't be too difficult, should it?

"You're a nervous little thing." Ronnie said walking back it to the room. It was sudden and it caused me to jump slightly, proving his point even more. He handed me a cup of tea, and I took it gratefully. Although, my hands kept shaking so I had to set it down on the side table.

"W-why m-m-me?" I asked all of a sudden. I couldn't stop the question coming from my own mouth.

"Why you what?"

"W-why am I-I your m-m-mate and n-not a f-fertile?"

"The same reason anyone else's mate is their own. It was meant to be, I guess." He said sitting down on the couch next to and propping his feet on the coffee table. I pushed further into the couch arm beside me to get farther away from him. He seemed to notice me reaction.

"You know it isn't exactly unheard of for a human to be matched with a vampire. Given most of them don't exactly act the way you do." He stated.

"W-what d-do you m-mean?"

"I mean, most of the humans understand what the life of a mated pair is like, and they understand what their part in it would be. Even if they don't, they wouldn't jump at every sound or back away when their mate came near. They would let their mate at least touch them."

"S-s-sorry." I said relaxing slightly. He was right. Most humans like me would be grateful for someone like Ronnie to protect them, but it was still Ronnie and I'm not most humans.

"For what, love?" He asked. The way the pet name rolled off his tongue seemed easy for him like he practiced it or like he always called me that.

"You d-d-don't d-deserve a m-m-mate like m-me."

His feet dropped to the floor, and he turned so that one leg was on the couch. His knee was barely touching me.

"I think you're pretty damn perfect." He said reaching out to brush some hair from my face. I looked at him, and he seemed perfectly content even though he was touching a human. That alone should revolt most doms.

"I-I'm j-just a h-human."

"Hm, there was always something different about you. You aren't like the rest of the filthy humans that roam the school. They aren't nearly as pretty. I wonder what you would be like if you were born a real fertile."

"R-real f-fertile?" I questioned.

"Yeah, there are some humans that are part fertile and act exactly like them besides the whole being human part. Those are the humans that can be turned into fertiles and not toys. A little of my venom and you would be a vampire." He explained running his fingers down the side of my face and neck. My breath caught in my throat, but I didn't move away from his touch. This was the first time he actually really touched me, and it wasn't like I thought it would be. I wasn't terrified out of my mind. I felt like one of those school girls who was talking to their crush for the first time or something.

"I-I d-d-didn't think that w-was p-p-possible." I said.

"Fertiles learn about it in their health class, but humans don't because no one ever expects a human to mate with a vampire of any kind. It happens a lot actually. There is about fifty humans turned into real vampires every year, but no one really notices. It isn't that big of a deal." He said watching his fingers trail down my arm.

"I-it's a h-h-huge d-deal." I said.

"To humans it can be. To vampires it is an every day occurrence."

"S-so, h-how d-does this work?" I asked. His fingers stopped and he looked up at me properly.

"Us being mates?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well, it would work like any other relationship between mates. I'll be your dom and you'll be my fertile, and hopefully one day, you'll let me change you."

I nodded. I didn't exactly know what those types of relationships work, but I know that fertiles basically completely submit to their doms. Sometimes it seemed like they were treated worse than toys, who were treated very poorly. They were basically there for a dom to fuck, which was painful with vampires, if their partners couldn't keep up with them.

We sat there for a moment, him looking at me, and me thinking about how different this was compared to how I thought my future would be. The door bell chimed all around the house causing me to jump. Ronnie got up and answered the door.

It was my worst nightmare come to life. Vampires were walking into the house, and not vampires that were unknown. I'm seeing some of the most famous, sadistic, and evil vampires walk into the same room as me, and I had no escape. My heart beat a thousands times faster than a normal heart should, and my body started to shake uncontrollably.

They all greeted each other with hugs and hand shakes, and I was sitting here practically having a stroke. They all were friends, that was very obvious. I guess it was a party for the mating ceremony or something. Five pairs of fertiles and doms seemed to overtake the room with loud talking and laughing.

Ronnie noticed my nervousness with the situation we currently we in and walked over to me. He hoisted my off the couch before getting low enough to whisper in my ear.

"Calm down, Maxie. They aren't going to hurt you. You're just as safe with all of them as you would be sitting next to your cousin." He whispered before looking at me as a signal that I understood. I nodded my head hesitantly. I didn't know if I could trust him yet, but if what he said was true than all this fuss would be for nothing.

"Okay, so let me introduce you to the fertiles at least. I doubt you want to meet the doms just yet." I nodded my head and he steered me to the kitchen where all the fertiles seemed to migrate to.

"Everyone this is Max. Max this is everyone. Play nice." He said before kissing me on the forehead and leaving the room. Wow, great job of calming me down. All you did was leave me in another room with vampires. Just because the scarier ones weren't in the room, didn't mean I was comfortable with the fertiles.

"Hey, Max. I'm Frank." Said a short, blacked haired boy with tattoos all over.

"That's Ray." He continued pointing to a guy with a giant afro.

"That's Monte." He said pointing to a tanner fertile with choppy blond hair.

"This is Ashley." Ashley was semi short with long black hair.

"And over there is Patrick." He said pointing to a sandy blond with black glasses covering his face.

I waved shyly to them, but they didn't seem bothered by the fact that I was a mess. I didn't know anything about these people, but they knew each other well enough to carry on a conversation about people I didn't know and topics that i didn't understand. I was a human stuck in a vampire's world right now, and I wasn't enjoying it.

"Oh my gosh, we've been so rude. Max, you don't know who we're talking about do you?" Patrick asked. I shook my head.

"Oh well, we were talking about our doms. Do you know who they are?" Frank said.

"Th-they l-look familiar." I stuttered. Curse you brain for making me incable of making a full sentence.

"Well, that's a good thing." They all laughed. I didn't get it.

"The tall, scrawny one is Andy. He has a really deep voice, and that's Ashley's mate." Frank started.

"He isn't scrawny. He just doesn't eat enough. Gerard is Frank's mate, and he's the one that always looks like he's about to go on a rampage or something." Ashley piped up. Frank just nodded smiling. Apparently sadism in doms is a good thing.

"Bob is Ray's mate. He's the tall blond with the lip piercing. Pete is Patrick's mate and he's the guy with the short black hair. Last but not least, my mate is Robert who looks exactly like Slash, but he never takes his glasses off." Monte explained.

The night went on with them chatting about random things. I figured out a lot about their life style which would probably help me in the future. They actually were treated like royalty. Most humans thought they were treated poorly because they really didn't do much, but I learned they didn't do much because everything was taken care for them. They weren't treated like toys at all. Doms would never humiliate or hurt (if it wasn't enjoyed) a fertile.

We eventually migrated with the doms later in the night, and I was absolutely terrified of them all. From the descriptions from their mates they seemed like nice guys, but just seeing them without every listening to them, they seemed like a biker gang that beat people up for fun.

They didn't associate with me very much. I think Ronnie warned them others wise. That or they realized that me being huddled in a ball away from all of them gave it away.

Ronnie stayed as close to me as he could while entertaining his guests. He would come over and put his hand on my shoulder or something which calmed me for the time being. I don't understand why, but from what I've heard from the others it was because of the bond between mates. It was unbreakable, and each of them were different. It also got stronger when you fully bonded with the other a.k.a. when you made love with each other.

They all talked until well past midnight, and then everyone decided that it was getting late and that they should head home. They all said the appropriate farewells, which I assume was hugs for fertiles and handshakes for the other doms.

"So, that was fun." Ronnie said flopping down on the couch next to me.

"Are you okay, darling?" He asked.

"It's a-a l-lot t-to take in."

"I know. It gets easier. I promise."

"H-h-how d-do you know?" I asked.

"I know, just trust me. Are you tired?" He asked. I nodded. I usually fall asleep at around ten because I get up early in the morning. Well, I did get up early in the morning. Now, I don't know.

"Come on. Let's get you to bed." He said holding his hand out. I took it. It was probably just as weird for him as it is for me.

We walked up to his room, and I stood there awkwardly for a second. It was the first day in my entire life that I have talked to him, so I honestly didn't want to be sharing a bed with him. But, I didn't want to go into his stuffy guest room, and I don't think that he wants to sleep in it either.

"Um, I'll go if you want." He said.

"You c-c-can s-s-stay. I-it's your h-house." I said. He nodded, and I could see a slight smile play at his lips.