Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Calming Touch of a Terrifying Creature

I woke up stiff from yesterdays beating, and confused from the weird dream I had. It wasn't a dream really. It was more like a nightmare. I can't believe that my mind came up with something as wicked as becoming the mate of Ronnie fucking Radke.

I tried to get away from the sunlight that made it impossible to see right after waking up. Wait a second, I don't have windows in my room. There was no way to get sunlight in. I tried to sit up, but I failed. There was something stopping me from moving, something far stronger than I was.

It was Ronnie's arm. Ronnie Radke's arm was stopping me from getting out of bed that I was sharing with him. It wasn't a dream. Reality, a sick and twisted one, was what it was.

I tried to move or to at least get his arm to move off enough to slip away, but it was no good. My heart rate sped up, and my fingers started to twitch like they wanted to start shaking but I wasn't scared enough. I was scared enough, definitely scared enough. I was basically trapped under a very famous vampire that was known for killing people on a single whim. I was human, and I seemed to get stuck in whims.

"R-Ronnie w-wake up." I said shaking his arm.

He didn't move.

"R-R-Ronnie g-get up." I said again.

He mumbled something but didn't move. I wasn't cut out for this. This isn't what I could handle. I didn't learn how to wake up a terrifying dom before I started to have a fucking panic attack, and that is what I was about to have, a panic attack.

"P-P-Please, R-R-Ronnie." I choked out a sob. I couldn't handle this.

His nose scrunched up, and his arm was removed from around my waist. I shot out of bed and practically ran into the bathroom.

Water woke me up as I splashed it on my face over and over and over. This wasn't a dream. Why wasn't this a dream? I don't care if what I thought Ronnie said was true. This doesn't happen. It shouldn't happen. Humans weren't made for living with their own predators just like sheep weren't supposed to fall in love with the wolves who slaughtered and ate them.

"Are you okay?" Ronnie asked putting his hand on my shoulder. It had a calming affect. My heart slowed down to its normal pace, and my hands stopped shaking. It must be that mate bond or whatever. I still don't understand it and I don't think I ever could.

"Max?" He asked. I didn't realize that I was just staring at my hands until then, but what was I going to say? No, I'm not alright. That whatever plans he had for this relationship wasn't going to fucking happen because just looking at him sent chills down my spine, and they weren't the good kind. No, I wouldn't say that, but I wouldn't lie. He would be able to tell.

"W-we sh-should g-get to s-school." I stuttered. He nodded his head, and he let his hand fall from my shoulder and back to his side.

"There are some clothes for you on the bed." He said leaning against the sink counter.

"W-what's wrong w-with m-my clothes?" I asked.

"Really?" He asked like it was stupid for me to question it.

I nodded my head.

"Your clothes are either ripped, stained with your own blood, or they don't look like they fit you at all. Some of them are all three."

I just nodded my head and took the clothes. If he wants to give me free stuff, I'm not going to tell him no, and it was true. My clothes are totally ruined.

I struggled into the clothes. My entire torso felt like it was on fire every time I tried to move. I was used to it though, so it wasn't that bad. Wow, that's actually really sad isn't it? Who cares anymore.

We got to school in record time, for me at least. Being in the car wasn't as bad as the other day, but it was still majorly awkward for me. I think I'm doomed to never fell comfortable with something as long as I live.

But, if I thought it was awkward in the car, it was nothing compared to what was awaiting us at school. Everyone kept staring at us, and I tried to shrink back away from everyone's eyes. Ronnie didn't seem to mind that much. I bet he was used to having people give him weird looks all the time. I was used to having people not notice my existence, so it was weird for me.

Everyone gave me strange looks as I walked next to Ronnie in the hall way. Some of the sluts who wanted to fuck Ronnie for the longest time were glaring at me, and the fertiles were giving me that same look when you saw someone that was a friend of a friend. They didn't seem to hate me. The doms on the other hand didn't look at me at all. I assume it was because you don't usually look at someone else's mate because they will kick your ass.

I stalked to my seat in the back of the math room. The teacher walked up to me and handed me a slip of paper before going back to her desk while shaking her head. I looked it over. It was a new schedule. Why would I get a new schedule? It was the middle of the year. What was the point now? It was all the classes I had originally, just switched around. Wait, ferilte health, why would I get that class?

"What's that, love?" Ronnie asked peering over my shoulder.

"A-A n-new schedule. I-I d-don't know why th-though."

"After the mating ceremony, doms like to skip their schedules to be with their mates, and the office decided that it would be easier just to switch people's classes around. It's usually the dom, but your classes needed to be changed anyways."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you became a vampire's mate. They're assuming that you will become one yourself one day, so they switched your classes to ones with more vampires and gave you fertile health instead of the human class you are used to." He explained.

I nodded my head. I wasn't going to argue with him. Though, I was absolutely terrified of the idea of having classes with more vampires. The ones where there is only one vampire in still scares the crap out of me. I'm not good around them.

"Don't worry about it, Maxie. These are all my classes, too. I'll be there to protect you."

I wasn't worried about that part.

First period was just part of my montage, but when second rolled around montage got screwed up. I wasn't very good with change. This was a huge change.

The classes were at the same pace as mine. Hell, it was the same exact teachers I did, but there was a load more vampires in each one of them. They didn't bother me much. I stayed close to Ronnie, and sat down in front of him so when ever my emotions got out of hand he would simply touch the back of my neck. I would calm down after that. It was that bond thing again.

I also got to see just how possessive mates are with each other. I almost got to see a full on fist fight because one of the younger doms in the class that didn't get a mate was getting a little too friendly with a dom's mate. It was quite interesting, but I had to leave the room because my shaking got so bad at one point.

The last period is when it got extremely interesting terrifying strange. It was the period where I had my new fertile health class. Ronnie told me to wait for after class, and if I got in trouble to just stay where I was.

"Max! Come sit over here with us." Was the first thing I heard when I entered the classroom. I looked around to see who was talking, and it was Frank from the other night and he was sitting with Ray and Monte. Everyone's eyes were on me when he said that. I was the infamous human that got mated with a vampire. The room was quite and I quickly scurried over to where they were sitting.

Dear God, this will certainly get interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Team Tyler