Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Competition for Something You Won't Have

All the fertiles chatted aimlessly until the teacher walked in silencing all conversation.

"Okay, class. I know the mating ceremony just happened, but sadly I could not be there to see all of you get matched. So, the first thing we are going to do is if you had a mate you tell me and the class who it is, and I know not all of you got a mate this time but be patient. It will happen." The petite female fertile said cheerfully.

She started at the left of the class. There was only about twenty vampires in the class (and one human), but only about thirteen got mated this time around.

Names were called that I didn't recognize. I never really went around to all the scary doms in the school to ask their names. They would kill me. Being killed was not on my list of things to do.

She got around to Monte first.

"Robert Ortiz." He said confidently.

"Oh, he's quite the dom. Isn't he the one that wears his sun glasses indoors all the time?" The teacher asked. Monte nodded. They moved on to Frank.

"Gerard Way."

Everyone oh'ed and aw'ed at that. Apparently he is one that everyone liked. He was one that I tried to avoid in the hallways, like most humans.

"Bob Bryar." Ray then said.

"Can he handle the fro?" Someone called out, and everyone laughed, including Ray. So, I guess it was a good joke or something.

Everyone stared at me then. They obviously know that I was put in this class because I was mated with a dom, but since I was mated with him at like the almost end of the ceremony, no one knew who it was.

Frank elbowed me in the ribs to signal to speak up.

"R-R-Ronnie R-Radke." I said barely audible.

Everyone gasped and started murmuring to each other. I didn't hear what they were saying. I must have done something wrong. I could have offended them. I didn't know. My nerves jumped a little. These were fertile vampires, a lot of fertile vampires. If I hurt them in any way, I would have a lot of angry doms on my back. No one wanted that.

"Calm down, class." The teacher said quieting the group. "Ronnie is a very good dominator. He will be a great mate. You are very lucky." She said speaking to me.

I didn't feel lucky. I thought.

"Okay, since most of you have been mated today's lesson will be on what your role as a fertile mate will be. I know you learn this every single year, but I have to teach it. So, just pay attention, and we can finish quickly and move on." She said. Everyone groaned. They all apparently knew this. I had no idea, so this would be interesting.

The role of a fertile mate, according to the lesson, was quite simple. You usually stay at home most of the time to take care of the children you were expected to have in the future or to cook or to tend to the house and garden. You would submit completely to your dom, and you would do as they please. But, they knew how far to take things, and you were always their main priority and life. So, basically you were set.

Fertiles could have friends over during the day time or do something out of the house, but you never got a job, and you always had to have either other fertiles or a dom with you. Obviously, they thought that fertiles couldn't take care of themselves, but the ones I met seem just as feisty as most humans. Though they probably couldn't handle themselves in a fight.

The lesson ended maybe ten minutes before the bell rang, so there was time to chit chat while the teacher did paper work and other teacher things.

I mostly sat there awkwardly because I had no clue who these people were, and they all seemed to know each other with no interest in talking to me. It was the same as my other health class, minus the humans, so I didn't mind too much.

"So, your mate is the famous Ronnie Radke?" A female fertile asked waling up and sitting on the table I was seated at. Her red hair was cut to her shoulders, and she was wearing a tight black shirt with skinny jeans.

I nodded my head hesitantly. What did she want two minutes before the bell rang? I looked over and saw a couple others staring over in my direction. They were the ones that weren't mated, and they all wore equally as tight clothing. All of them were females.

"Damn, I thought that his hot ass would be with me one day. I have been flirting with him for a good two years now even scored a couple of dates recently, and I hope you know, I expect to continue those dates with him. Hell, maybe one day, I'll convince him to get rid of your sorry excuse for existence." She snarled. Her voice was dripping with venom, and she spoke low enough so only I could hear.

She smirked at me and looked back to her little friends. She obviously thought that she freaked me out. Female fertiles don't scare me as much as other types. Human females scare me more. I could easily take her down, if I wanted to, but I was a nice guy. So, I wouldn't.

The bell rang and I grabbed my things but not before I turned back to the bitch sitting on my desk still.

"We'll see how that goes for you. Just remember, I'm the one sleeping with him." I said before leaving the classroom.

I didn't stutter! I didn't fucking stutter! Thank you brain for giving me one second of self confidence, so I don't sound like a fucking wimp to her!

I walked down the halls avoiding the people who got in my way. No one was looking at me now. I wasn't with Ronnie, so no one cared. It was like a breath of fresh air. Like I said, I'm not good with change or attention, especially if both came together.

I turned the corner to an empty hall. Everyone probably ran out of school the second the bell rang, leaving most the halls to have little and to no people in them.

I heard people laughing behind me, but I ignored it. It wasn't anything that was to be concerned with mostly, probably some stragglers. Oh boy, was I wrong.

The laughing increased until they passed me, and I saw their faces and their letter jackets. They were on the football team, the human one. I was the favorite punching bag for them. I slowed my walking to a point were they wouldn't notice me and then started to back up. I hit something.

"Shit" I muttered before turning to see a smirking human.

"Shit indeed." He said before pushing me to the ground. My head made a sickening crack on the floor.

I scurried to my feet and looked for anywhere to go. There was no escape from this. The group that passed me was blocking me from going to the other end, and the scary guy was right in front of me.

"You caused us some trouble. Our quarterback is no where to be seen thanks to you. We can't win the championship now." One of them said.

"Yeah, so since you fucked our chances, we decided to just fuck you up." Another said. They all laughed moving closer to me.

I clenched my fists, ready for a chance of me getting at least one shot at them. The scary one advanced first. I assumed he was the leader. He threw a punch, and I was barely able to miss it. He threw another, and it caught me in the gut causing me to keel over. He threw his knee up, and it slammed into my nose. I ricocheted and hit a set of lockers behind me. I was lifted off the ground. He had me by the neck constricting my breathing to one of very little air. My hands twisted around his wrists trying to pry them away from me.

My nose was bleeding, probably broken. I'm positive he cracked a rib or two. My head was pounding and it made it hard to see. My lungs screamed for mercy. My lips were split, and blood came out of my mouth from a gum being split by his knee.

"You think you are so fucking special don't you?" He snarled.

"Have anything to say before you die?" He continued. I gritted my teeth.

"Your b-breath-th s-smells." I said.

"What did you say, you little fag?"

"Your breath s-smells." I said again.

"Me and my boys are going to bumble you into the ground. We were going to let you live, but now I don't think we will. Isn't that right boys?" He asked. You could hear crickets.

"Boys?" He asked turning his head. I couldn't see anything because his head blocked my view, but I was immediately dropped to the floor. I groaned closing my eyes and holding onto my head. This was great for my injuries.

Something was off. There was something in the hall that I could feel that wasn't there before. It felt like an overwhelming feeling that controlled my thoughts. I wasn't scared of it, but I didn't exactly knew what it was. Then it hit me. It was rage. . . from a dom, . . .and I wasn't scared.

I opened my eyes to see two blurred masses. One had the other pinned to the floor, and it was hitting it over and over. I could tell that the one on the ground was the scary guy. Things came into focus as I blinked the blur away. It was Ronnie. Ronnie was fighting the scary guy. Well, they weren't fighting because that would imply that the other guy was fighting back. Looking around, I noticed all of the other guys were bloody and on the floor. They were dead.

"I'm going to keep you alive for one purpose. You better tell all of your scum bag friends that if they ever even think about touching my mate, they will end up getting a tour of my basement, and they won't leave." Ronnie growled. He stood up, but not before spitting on the guy beneath his feet.

He looked over at me, and his eyes were red. Dark, dark red. He was pissed. Anyone could tell just by feeling the rage coming off of him, but on like the the last time I saw this happen, I wasn't terrified. He actually looked sexy like this right now. Not that I would ever admit that to anyone, myself included.

"Where are you hurt?" He asked shaking his head until his eyes went back to their chocolate brown color. He didn't ask if I was okay or if I was fine because he was smarter than that. He knew that I was not o-fucking-kay.

"I-I'm f-fine." I said trying to stand up. Pain shot down my spine, and my lungs started to burn again.

"You aren't fine. You need to see a doctor. You could have a concussion, and I know that you have a fractured rib maybe more from past beatings." He hoisted me off the ground and picked me up, much to my distaste.

"I-It's n-nothing I-I can't handle." I tried to stop him from taking me to visit a doctor. I hated the doctors.

"You're going to see a doctor. I don't care if I have to take you kicking and screaming. Oh wait, you're too injured to kick and scream." I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

"I-I'm fine, R-Ronnie." I tried again.

"You're still going, and that's final." He said setting me in the car.

I mumbled something unintelligible, but not an hour later I was sitting in a doctors office waiting to get poked and prodded. But, if that wasn't bad, it was a vampire doctors that we were sitting in. Fan-fucking-tastic.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you can find the song lyric in this, you know good music.
Team Tyler