Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

Doctor's Office

I fidgeted in the seat. Why did he have to take me to a vampire doctor's office of all places? Has it sunk in yet that I am human? Because I don't think it has.

"Max Green." A nurse called out. I stood up and so did Ronnie. He was probably making sure I wasn't going to make a run for it because I would.

We walked down the many corridors of the office that probably took weeks to learn. We stopped at a room with plain white walls and a picture of a skeleton on the far side.

"Mr. Radke, is it?" The nurse asked scanning the file she must have been handed.

Ronnie nodded his head.

"Alright, you stay here. We are going to take your height and weight Max, so right this way." She said walking down the hall. I quickly glanced at Ronnie who slightly nudged me in the direction of where the nurse was going.

She made me take my shoes off and stand on the scale. She pushed the little sliding bars until the scale stood still. frown lines appeared on her face, and when she took my height they got deeper.

She lead me back through the maze to the room where Ronnie was leaning against the wall.

"Dr. Smith will be shortly. Go ahead and sit on the table and remove your shirt." She said before putting the file in the bin on the door and leaving.

My muscled ached, but I managed to yank the shirt off. Ronnie's eyes turned a tiny bit red but not all the way. His gaze was fixed on my stomach. I looked down and saw an array of bruises going from the color black to purple. They were all old except one part on my left rib that was a sickening yellow color.

"They did this to you?" He nearly growled.

"M-M-Most are ol-older." I said trying to cover up as much as I could with my arms.

His eyes got darker by the second and since they were staring at me, it was making me a tad uncomfortable. He was upset that much was clear, but he was upset at something he could never control.

I reached out and touched his arm. Maybe if he could calm me down with that stupid bond then it can be reversed and I can calm him down. He glanced down to where my hand barely touched him arm right above the wrist and sighed. Apparently it did work the same way. His eyes went back to their normal color, and he grabbed my hand in his.

The door opened and in walked a dom with short, sandy blond hair. He was tall and he had broad shoulders. he was definitely the type of dom I would avoid at all costs. My heart sped up, but Ronnie squeezed my hand reassuringly, and I calmed.

"Ronnie, I haven't seen you here in a while. Looks like you took quite the beating. . .Max. Let's just take a look." He said flipping through the chart.

He did the basic doctor things. He shined a light in my eyes, made me breath while he listened to my heart, and checked my reflexes.

"This is the part where we usually ask the dom to leave." Dr. Smith said. It sounded like he was making a suggestion that he knew Ronnie wouldn't take.

"I'm not leaving." Ronnie said sure enough. The only reason I survived this whole thing was that because I was still holding onto his hand for dear life.

"As long as you can handle yourself, I won't object." He said. Ronnie nodded.

"Max, please lie back." I did as I was told.

"Does this hurt?" He asked touched right under one of my top ribs. I winced. He took that as a yes.

He continued that routine for a few minutes. Some spots hurt more than other. Some didn't hurt at all. Some were excruciating. I understood why he told Ronnie as long as he could handle it he could stay. He didn't seem to enjoy the part were he had to sit and watch his mate in pain. His eyes were red regardless of me gripping his hand in pain.

It seems like most doms wouldn't enjoy it. Especially if I actually was a fertile because that certainly would have killed them. Their natural instinct would make them try to kill anyone that was hurting a fertile or their mate even if it was another mate.

After a few minutes of him finding all of the most painful parts in my entire body, it was finally over.

"So, you have a concussion, two fractured ribs, two broken ribs, and probably more fractures that have tried to heal. You are small for a human your age, and even then you are quite under weight. There are multiple points in your body that has internal bleeding, the bruises you have are unbelievable, and honestly I'm surprised you aren't dead yet." The doctor said.

I nodded my head. I wasn't expected a different result. Honestly, all these injuries I could have told him myself.

"I'm going to write you a prescription for the pain, and to help speed up the healing process. You need to eat more food and on a more regular basis. The human body doesn't work properly without a certain amount of weight. Ronnie, I need to speak to you a moment." He continued.

Ronnie quickly looked to me before leaving the room with the doctor. I tugged my shirt back on and my shoes. They came back a moment later, and Ronnie and I left.

The second we were in the car, there was ringing sound that could only come from a telephone of some sort. Ronnie pulled a cellphone out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" He asked.

There was shrilling on the other side like someone was screaming at him. He held the phone away from his ear slightly.

"Will you shut up for six seconds?" He snapped.

The screaming only got louder and he huffed.

"It's for you." He said passing me the phone.

I put the phone next to my ear before regretting it and pulling it away. It was Linda. She was the only one with enough guts to call a dom and start screaming profanities.

"L-Linda, Sh-Shut up." I said.

"Max! Where the hell have you been? I got a premonition of Ronnie killing like five guys in the hallway, and then saw you being carried away. What the hell happened?" She screamed. I pulled the phone away from my ear and heard Ronnie chuckle.

"L-Linda, I-I'm fine. J-Just a f-few scratches."

"Then why the fuck did you go to the doctor? You hate the doctor."

"R-Ronnie m-made m-me go."

"Ronnie made you go? I knew that fucker was good for something! It's about time you went to the doctor."

"Wh-Whatever. I-I g-got to g-go."

"Let me talk to Ronnie before you do."

"Sure. B-Bye." I said handing the phone over to him.

"Yes." He said.

"1340 Assault Drive."

"Visit anytime you want."

"I'm sure you will."

"Bye." He said before hanging up the phone and throwing it on the dash.

"Wh-What d-did she s-say?" I asked.

"That she will be visiting every single day, and if I even hurt one hair on your head she will personally see to it that my balls are chopped off and hung from a pillar."

"S-Sounds like L-Linda."

We went to a pharmacy to get the prescriptions, and then we went home. Home. I can't believe I could actually call that place my home. It was more of a home than when I lived with my mother and step father. I've only lived there for a few days, but in that time I actually felt safe. Safe. It was a weird concept for me, but it was nice. I don't know how long until I would actually be comfortable with Ronnie, but sometimes, like today in the doctors, it felt like I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Team Tyler