Don't Confuse It, You'll Always Just Be His Prey

And Don't Ever Come Back

I was sitting in the kitchen staring at a pot. I was making stew and it had to cook for like hours on end, so I was just staring at it.

I was quite the chief, if I said so myself. My mother was never home and my step father was a lazy ass, so I was the one who had to cook all the time. It usually was quick because my step father would knock me out for an hour or two and then he would make me clean up the blood on the floor. So, making something that took a while to cook was quite refreshing.

The door bell chimed all of a sudden causing me to jump. I walked out of the kitchen to the living room where the front door was situated. Ronnie seemed to get the same idea as me because he came from where ever he was to answer the door.

The door bell rang again signaling the person's impatience. Ronnie threw the door open agitated that someone would swing by at this time in the day and then have the nerve to ring the bell twice.

"What do you want?" He asked. He was blocking my way so I couldn't tell who was standing there. Not that I would know who it was.

"I'm not allowed to see you anymore?" A female voice asked. It sounding oddly familiar. I definitely heard it before. I just couldn't place it.

"No, you aren't." Ronnie replied.

"Come on, babe. Don't be like that. I know you don't really love that stupid human."

"Wh-who is it-t?" I asked trying to look over Ronnie's shoulder. He was taller, so it was kinda hopeless.

"Max meet Tulip. Tulip, Max." Ronnie said opening the door further, so I could see. It was the bitch from before. The one who said she wants to get rid of me or something like that.

"We've m-meet." I said.

"Max, so nice to see you again." She said with a smile on her face that I wanted to slap off.

"You can go now, Tulip." Ronnie said.

"We need to talk." She replied.

"There is nothing to talk about. You knew what was going to happen. Now, it's happening."

"There are other alternatives." She said stepping closer to the door.

"Love, this isn't anything you need to deal with right now. You should go and rest." He said turning his back on the door.

"I'll b-be upstairs. St-stew is on the st-stove. D-Don't be l-long." I said before walking into the hall. I didn't really go upstairs. I just went far enough to where I could hear but not seen.

"What do you see in that disgusting human?" Tulip asked. I could hear the snarl that was on her face.

"You're a fertile, so I'm not going to hit you for calling him that." Ronnie replied. I smiled. That must have hurt a little.

"What does he have that I don't? I'm here and willing. It would take years for him to even look at you without fear showing in his eyes. That's going to wear you down eventually. You'll be back." I could tell she was trying to seduce him. It was in her voice. But, I could tell it didn't work from the dark chuckle that Ronnie let out.

"You don't read people very well."

"What the hell does that mean?" She asked.

"Didn't you notice? He wasn't looking at me with fear. He hasn't been afraid of me since four hours after he moved in. It's a little something called the mate bond, and you won't be able to break it with a few unkind words or trying to seduce me. So, bye bye." He said. I heard the door shut.

"I'll be back! You hear! You won't get rid of me that easy!" She screamed pounding on the door.

"Oh, shut the fuck up you bitch." I heard Ronnie mutter before I hauled ass upstairs.

I stripped my jeans and climbed into bed. I have never slept in a bed so comfortable before.

I heard Ronnie walk down the hall and stop by the door. Opening my eyes, I could see him leaning on the door way. He sighed and walked over to sit next to me. His fingers brushed the hair away and went down my face.

"H-How was your t-talk?" I whispered not wanting to break the silence too much but needing some form of sound.

"She shouldn't bother us anymore." He said. His hand going from my face to my hip.

"Who is sh-she t-to you?" I asked. She told me what she thought she was, so if he admitted it, it would tell me more about his character.

"We went out a few times. Most doms get a little antsy before the ceremony, and I was no exception. She's just an ex who won't admit that it is over, but you already knew that didn't you?"

"Sh-She t-told me in fertile h-health. Th-thought I would g-give you th-the chance t-to explain."

"What exactly did she say?" He asked.

"Th-that you guys w-went on a f-few d-dates and that sh-she wouldn't g-give you up that easily. S-Something about g-getting r-rid of m-my sad excuse for existence."

"That will never happen." He said.

"I-I know th-that now." I said reaching up to touch his face. His skin was rugged because of the slight five o'clock shadow.

He grabbed my hand and kissed the inside of my wrist. He could have bit me right then, ended my life. He was a vampire after all. My wrist was where a major vein was. But of all the thoughts running through my head, those weren't any. The ones that were were actually very delightful.

He leaned down to where I would feel his breath ghosting over my lips. Barely centimeters away, he looked at me for some sort of consent. I moved the rest of the way up. His lips were soft and they moved against mine in a short of dance. I tangled my fingers through his hair. He drug his fangs against my bottom lip, and I parted them. His hands went under my shirt stopping right before all of my injuries, and he ended up straddling me. His tongue explored every cavern of my mouth making me moan and tug on his hair.

My lungs started to burn after a while, but every time I tried to end the kiss, I would be pulled back somehow. Eventually, I managed to get him to pull away. I was panting while Ronnie started to kiss down my jaw line to my neck.

"What's that smell?" Ronnie asked suddenly.

"Wh-What?" I panted.

"It smells like something is . . . burning." He said. My eyes widened.

"Oh sh-shit, the st-stew." I said before nearly throwing Ronnie off of me and running to the kitchen.

It was boiling over and was creating a giant mess. Profanities spilled out of my mouth as I tried to get it to cool down. After it stopped boiling, I looked at the scene. There was no saving it now. Grabbing a towel, I started to clean up what was left on the stove.

"Well, that ruined the moment." Ronnie said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"R-Ruined dinner, t-too." I said.

"We can always order take out, and I can think of somethings we can do as we wait." He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Team Tyler