Status: I'm just going to try this story out, please let me know what you think. :)

Undercover

The Journey

Today was the day that Erica Sanders takes over her new identity as Sophia Horan. Erica has been studying over her new background information and practicing master her accent. Her character is a shy girl, which is really similar to Erica’s personality when she isn’t familiar with the person.

Erica went over to the bathroom and took one last look in the mirror and opened the box that was mailed to her with everything she needs to become “Sophia”. Luckily, she didn’t have to dye her natural blonde hair and was given a black wig with a side-bang. She put on a hair net over her blonde hair and bobby-pinned her wig on. Next were the blue-eye contacts. The one thing she really only liked about her appearance was her green eyes and she would miss them for the time being. Green eyes are the most rare eye color, but a mission is a job and she has to do her job no matter what it entails. After a few tries she finally got her contacts in, applied minor makeup, grabbed her suitcase and carryon and left her room in New Jersey, not knowing when she’d come back. Erica hugged her mother and dog goodbye.

The three and a half hour flight sitting in first class went by pretty quickly as she jotted down notes to refresh her memory of “Sophia”.

Black hair, blue eyes, British accent, sister “Kate” lives with “Uncle” in California, parents died in car accident last year, put into foster care, foreign exchange student from Liverpool, 18 years old, senior in high school…

Erica looked over at an older woman sitting across from her having her second apple martini. Only if she wasn’t Sophia at the moment, she could order an alcoholic substance being that her real self is twenty-one.

“Passengers, please fasten your seatbelts. We will be arriving in Dallas International Airport in less than ten minutes. Thank you for flying Delta.” The flight attendant spoke over the intercom.
Erica gathered her things, turned her phone on and dialed Dr. Foyer. “My flight just landed, where do I go?”

“There was a driver sent for you, as soon as you come off the plane and down the escalator, there will be a man with sign that says “Horan”. He will bring you where you need to be.”

“Okay, but I still am a little confused on what I am supposed to do.”
“Just look for any signs of danger, we have received some rumored threats on this family and you need to protect them at all costs, understand?”

“Yes, at all costs.”

“Good, now from this point on you must start using your accent; remember you never know who may be listening.” Dr. Foyer informed. “Good luck and I will be calling to check up on you daily.”
“I will be looking forward to it Sir.” She concluded and hung up.

When she came down the escalator, she searched for her alias name. She quickly sighted her baggage at the foot of a man with a scruffy beard holding up “Horan”.
She walked towards the man and caught his eye, “Sophia?” he asked and she nodded following him as he lugged her suitcase to the car….err limo.

He held open the back door and closed it when she got inside. The man put her items in the trunk and hopped into the driver seat. They were driving down the highway going into a more rural setting when the driver asked her where she was from. The first thing she thought to herself was, “Don’t screw this up, and remember to use a British accent…”

“Liverpool, England.” She was proud how she pronounced it.

“That’s nice, what are you doing here in Texas?” he continued.

“I’m in a foreign exchange program.” Erica answered a matter of factly. He nodded satisfied with her answer.
“Here we are Miss…” he said as they pulled through the black iron casted gates and onto a cobblestone driveway.

They pulled up in front of a huge estate and Erica starred at the residence in awe. Quickly coming back to reality as the driver opened her door.

Erica shuffled through her purse looking for money to give to him as a tip, “No, Miss they already paid and tipped me. Have a wonderful time in the States.” She smiled back and took her bags.
She took a deep breath at took in the rural air, it’s different from Jersey because this air was actually fresh. Anymore time here and she would have to shove her head under a truck exhaust pipe just to feel at home. Erica climbed the stairs dragging her (fifty-pound or more) suitcase along with her. She built up the nerve to ring the doorbell.
♠ ♠ ♠
do you like it so far??