You're My Favorite Song

Prologue

Hazel Lyric Baker. I was given my name by the two people who brought me into this world seventeen years ago. Hazel picked by my father, because my mother's hazel eyes were his favorite. I'd always have my mother with me in spirit. Lyric chosen by my mother, so I'd always have my father's musical sense with me.

They were young with their whole lives ahead of them. They weren't asking for a baby, but it happened. My mother took full responsibility, accepting the fact her dreams needed to be put on hold. My father didn't hate the situation but he didn't want to give up his dream that he was so close to achieving. When I was born they spent a year on the road touring and working, but a life on the road is no life for a newborn baby. A bus is packed enough and adding a newborn that cries every two hours just wasn't working out, for anybody. My parents decided to combine their money saved and bought an apartment out in LA. My mother and I resided there, while my father traveled the world making a name for himself. Along the rode of the long distance relationship, came a great amount of obstacles. They eventually decided their lifestyle wasn't fair to either of them. They broke up but remained best friends, communicating several times a week. To this day both my parents are actively involved in my life.

My mother raised me in the apartment they bought together. I would see my dad at least six times a year. It was hard seeing him as he was almost always on the road working. My mother and I never resented him for that. He was living his dream, and was still helping us live our lives.

When I turned five my mother met by step-father. He, like my father, worked in part with music. He, unlike my father, had no desire to be on the traveling end of the music world. He worked in the studios as a technician. He and my mother dated for two years before they got married. It was a wonderful wedding and I was glad I was there to witness it. My father was there as well, he ended up in the wedding party. My step-father and my father get along well, they're like long lost best friends. My family isn't your typical broken family; in my eyes it's not broken at all. I am lucky to have the life I do.

While my mother and step-father went on their honeymoon, I spent the two weeks with my father on the road. As a seven year old, exploring the world was amazing. I had no idea there was life beyond my hometown. Being in different states every other day was amazing in my eyes. Not only that but I learned to love and appreciate music more so then ever. Being on the side of the stage, as a seven year old, watching these guys perform and your father controlling it all; you learn things that most adults never even consider. Sitting on the bus in the early hours listening to the stories of the life on the road or maybe listening to a member talking to a loved one. It was incredible. It was then, at the age of seven that I knew music would be something I needed in life.

When I was ten my best friend, and baby sister, Ryan was born. Ryan and I are ten years apart but age is just a number. Ryan and I were always inseparable, from the moment she came home we were attached at the hip. Even now-me being seventeen and her being seven-she is more of a friend to me then anyone.

At the age of thirteen, I realized that school wasn't my calling. Once I hit thirteen I turned into a typical rebellious teenager. I wanted nothing to do with school, could you blame me? I grew up watching my parents thrive without a proper education and I knew I wanted to follow in my father's foot-steps. My parents, including both my fathers, tried everything to get me into school, but nothing really stuck. I wasn't totally failing, but I wasn't the brightest of the bunch. It was an awkward stage in my life and I was shy. Throughout my entire life I've only had one friend, Stephanie, and I don't even know why we are friends.

I spent the summers after I turned thirteen off and on tours with my father. Learning and working side by side with him. I knew I had a passion for music, and with my father's help I knew I would be able to do it. My parents tried to get me to be the star onstage, I could sing, but my confidence level wasn't strong enough, so I chose the background.

At seventeen years old I am a semester away from graduating. Music is my only true love, aside from my family. Stephanie and I aren't as close as we use to be and on top of that, school is a hell hole I'm forced to be in; but none of it matters. By summer I am going to be with my father touring the world and learning the ropes, he just doesn't know it yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
New idea. Tell me what you think. :)