He Shoots, She Scores

'Til Death Do Us Part.... (Part 1)

It’s the day of the wedding and Lacey can’t help but to feel anxious not only because today is the day that her best friend is getting married but she is also concerned about seeing Tyler. Yes they have seen each other a lot in the past few months but every time she has a way to avoid him even if it is just staring at her phone as she pretends to text someone. She could see it made him angry so after a while she just did it for fun. Today was different though, today they were to walk down the aisle together and even though it was just to support their friends it felt like more to Lacey.
When they arrive at the church Lacey hurries Carrie in and to the room where she is to get ready. As Carrie sits in the chair Lacey could see that she was freaking out. Lacey sits down in the chair next to her and turns Carrie so that she is facing her.

“I know that this was probably not the wedding you had in mind but I know that things are going to be alright. And if not I swear to make his life a living hell. You know I can do it.”

“Yeah I know Lace. Thank you so much for doing this with me I don’t know if I could have actually gone through with it all. I would probably be halfway to Antarctica if I didn’t have you around.” Carrie smiled and pulled Lacey into a hug.

“Ok enough of this gushiness we need to get you ready. I’m going to have fun making you look really girly and there is nothing you can do to stop me.”
Carrie sends an evil glare her way and Lacey just smiled feeling for once she has the upper hand. Lacey beings to work first on Carries hair which as always is a challenge but somehow she manages to find her way through her crazy curls. When she finishes Carrie laughs because it for probably the first times she is actually happy to see the finished product of one of Lacey’s hairdos.

“Wow Lace it looks great. When did you get good at this?”

“Well I have been looking through a lot of wedding magazines and I have been practicing. I had to make sure it was perfect.”

Carrie looks at herself in the mirror her short hair with its crazy and tight curls was completely transformed into something she could only imagine was possible. It was curled into ringlets and parted to the side. From the part Lacey had somehow weaved a strand of small orange flowers into a braid that went down behind her ear and disappeared into the curls.
“I love it. Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome, so can I trust that you can do your makeup. Plus you have always been better at that.”

“Yeah I think I can manage. You go get your hair done.”

“Ok I will do that.”

As they get ready they keep up their small talk trying to avoid the obvious of what was going to be happening very soon. Of course they were good at changing subjects, they’ve been avoiding talking about the guys since the day they all got into fights.
As Lacey finishes with her hair and makeup she turns to help Carrie into her dress. Finally getting Carrie all put together Lacey steps back and examines her to make sure that everything is perfect. Fixing a few strands of Carries hair there’s a knock on the door.
Lacey walks over and opens the door just enough to see who it was just in case its Nate trying to sneak in. Even though this wedding was far from normal Carrie had decided it would be like any traditional wedding. When Lacey sees that its Carries mom she lets her in to the room and hers eyes brighten as she sees Carrie, Lacey swears she can see tears forming and decides this a good time to let them talk. She excuses herself and makes some excuse as to why she had to leave.
Lacey finds her way to a back door and opens it to the warm July air. The fresh air is just what she needed and she is able to let her stress melt away. She sees cars pulling into the parking lot and many familiar faces get out.
She pulls out her phone to check the time and realizes that it is getting late the wedding will be starting soon and she hasn’t even gotten her dress on. She goes back into the church and dodges the now occupied hallways and heads towards the room where Carrie is waiting.
Lacey hurries to the back where her dress is hanging up and slips into it. Finally she grabs her heels and straps them up. Somehow she ended up being suckered into them while Carrie wore comfy flats.
Carries reasoning for the whole situation was that she didn’t want to be taller than Nate and since Tyler was significantly taller Lacey should wear heels so they didn’t look so awkward. Lacey however was convinced that Carrie just wanted to torture her.
She had no sooner got her shoes on and did a last check on her hair and makeup when Carrie called for her from the other room
“Hey what’s up?”Lacey asks walking into the room to see her friend for the first time with her bouquet ready to walk out of the room
“How am I supposed to do this? How can I got out there in front of my family and friends and his family friends and team mates?”
“In true Carrie fashion with your head held high and tripping over your own feet” Lacey says earning a sad smile from Carrie “Ok usually I can get you to laugh even when you’re about to cry. What is this really about?”
“How do I go out there knowing he’s acting? Lacey my entire life has been planning this moment sure I changed the colors of the wedding over the years but for the most part I just planned my dream wedding! With one exception” Carrie swallowed hard willing her tears to go away “My groom doesn’t love me”
“Carrie..I”
“Lacey don’t try to make this better! He doesn’t even like me let alone love me. Then there’s me, I never thought I would even get the chance to meet Nathan Gerbe and right now I’m about to marry him and this is supposed to be the happiest day of my life and I don’t even want to smile because while I’m here hopelessly in love I have an actor standing at the end of the aisle” Carrie choked back a sob and Lacey reached for a Kleenex
“Don’t cry, not now, not because of this! You’ll cry, then I’ll cry and neither one of us has waterproof makeup on and we’ll be a mess” Carrie had to stifle a laugh at her friends rant
“You always know how to make me smile Lace”
“It’s what I do. Carrie I don’t know how to make you feel better, I wish I did. All I can tell you is to let your wall down for this one day forget that he’s acting and just be happy and in love! You deserve it”
“What if I fail? I already failed at a planned relationship, and I didn’t even do anything wrong”
“You didn’t fail at anything, not my Carrie”
“I failed my road test the first time”
“This is not your road test, this is life and you have never failed at that. You’ve only gotten questions wrong, but the class isn’t over you’re not expected to be perfect”
“When did you get so smart?”
“When you chose to have a stupid moment now come on”
♠ ♠ ♠
So Back_Around started this chapter and i finished it but since she still has to write the next chapter (or at least type it i'm not sure she won't let me see it) and I don't want to make the faithful few wait for very long, here is part 1 of 3 since I have 3 different points of view written I will post each one separately. Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving comments are appreciated.

By the way I have the following chapter after the reception fully typed and I have a large chunk of another chapter hand written most creative comment will get a small (3-4 sentences maybe a little more) preview of what the future holds