Status: On hiatus, for now.

Hold onto the Feeling

get a different haircut, then we'll talk;

Image

"Oh, what a lovely morning it is!" I heard someone shout walking into my room. I pulled my blue covers over my head to drown out whoever it was. Obviously, they had no idea how much I loved sleep. It's like my drug. Great, now that Ke$ha song is stuck in my head.

I felt my bed shift as they sat down on the edge. They tugged at the blanket but I held on more tightly. However, the other person stronger and pushed the cover down with ease. I groaned as I felt the sunlight hit my face. 

"Come on, Jess. You gotta get ready for school."

Harry Styles. You are on my list. I hate you and your curly hair!

"SHUT UP!" I yelled at him, bringing my pillow over my head. Harry chuckled. I heard him leave the room. 

Victory! I have won! Bow down to me, peasants. 

A moment later, I heard several pairs of footsteps, then my door reopened. Before I knew it, there were five bodies piled in top me. 

"I HATE ALL OF YOU! FUCK! YOU'RE CRUSHING ME! CAN'T FUCKING BREATH!" 

"Language, dear," Louis laughed out. They were all laughing, actually. Jerks. 

"Are you awake yet?" Harry's voice was right next to my ear. 

"Get off," I grumbled, elbowing him in the stomach. 

"Say it nicely." 

"Get off... Please," I corrected. The others laughed and Harry sighed but joined in a second later. As they moved off my bed, I sat up slowly. Harry stayed where he was as the other four exited the room. 

"You're so cute in the morning," he cooed pinching my check. I slapped his hand away and scooted off the bed. "Feisty."

I shook my head with a laugh. That boy; always the charmer. You get used to his flirty ways after awhile. When Harry first took an interest in girls (at the ripe age of eight, may I add), I didn't know what to make of all of his flirting. Actually, I was creeped out. I remember running away from him on the playground a lot. I was smart even then. Younger me was a badass, bro, running away from boys since age nine. Still do. 

I hummed to myself as I picked out my outfit for the day. I was about to change when I remembered Harry. I turned to see him lounging against my pillows, scrolling through my phone. 

"Hey! Personal!" I grabbed for it but Harry was faster. "Those are private conversations!"

"They're just pictures of Niall's food from Nando's!" Harry retorted with a snort. 

"So? There's this thing called personal space, Harry!" 

"Whatever," he replied not giving my cell phone back. I held my hand out but he just smirked. "I'll give it back if you can get ready in five minutes." With that, he pocketed the phone and left the room. 

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. 

I had no personal attachment to my phone but I really wanted to prove Harry wrong. I threw on my shorts and t-shirt in a flash then proceed to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I flinched at to sight. I don't remember looking like a troll before I went to bed. My red hair (unnatural, of course) was a frizzy mess. I tried to tame the beast with a hairbrush and luckily it went back to the natural waves I've come to love in the seventeen years of my life. I finished all my other bathroom business, pulled on my shoes and ran down stairs. 

I found my homies (I'm gangster, okay?) in the kitchen. I looked at Harry, who simply handed me my phone, grumbling to himself. Ha, someone's a sore loser. He's just jealous because he's not a winner like me.  

A moment later, my mom walked in, wearing a wonderfully (sarcasm) pink robe. How lovely. From the corner of my eye I saw the boys smirking at each other. Mentally giving them the middle finger. They told me all the time how 'fit' she was. It was just disgusting. How could they be so degrading-

Ooh, David Beckman shirtless on the cover of a magazine. Sex on legs, I tell you. 

What was I saying again? Oh, well.

"Jess, did I hear the f-bomb being thrown around earlier?" my mom asked busying herself with breakfast. 

"NIALL! How could you?" Niall looked shocked as I shouted at him. I turned to my mother with my hands in my hips. "That naughty little leprechaun." I shook my head as the boys laughed. Niall looked like he was going to suffocate from laughing so hard.  Obviously it's because I'm just so darn funny. That and Niall laughs at, well, everything. 

"Jess," Mom said with a stern voice. 

"Mom," I mimicked. She gave me a serious look and I decided it would be best to just leave. I put on an accent that reminded me of those old Western movies my dad watches a lot. "Well, we must be getting to school, dear Mother. I will miss you ever so much but I simply must get a good education." 

Mom chuckled, forgetting she was supposed to be scolding me for my potty mouth. She simply went along with it. "Oh, dear child of mine, please do. I've raised you right. And look!" She turned to my friends. "Look at all these gentlemen callers! Coming to ask for your hand! Which ever will you chose?"

Niall looked like he was going to explode with laughter. He layed his head on the island, burying his face in his hands. His shoulders shook as he laughed. The others were in hysterics, too as I put my finger to my chin, pretending to examine them. 

"I don't know, Mama! They're all so rugged and handsome. Certainly not the leprechaun, he seems much too wild. But I think I like the one with the curls the most!" I took Harry's hand and led him to the door. He chuckled as I pulled him along, the others following after us. 

"Bye, my dear! Don't come back unless you give grandchildren, ya hear?" Mom yelled after us, waving a dishrag in the air. 

If the boys ever doubted I got my humor from my mother, they didn't anymore. They were all doubled over laughing. Yea, my mom was strict occasionally but that's because she's worried I'll end up like her; sixteen and pregnant. That's when she and my dad had my oldest brother, Connor. Of course, my mom knew she wanted to marry my father then but she still felt she was irresponsible. She didn't want to see me make the same mistakes. What mother did? 

My mom was hilarious, though, when she wanted to be. And not in the lame way my dad made jokes, but in the way she knew everyone would think was funny. All my friends (by friends, I mean, the guys) thought she was entertaining and -ugh- pretty. I, personally, loved her to death. She was my best friend. I told her all my secrets (basically). She and the boys were my rocks. I wouldn't be anywhere without them, as cheesy as that sounds.

"Your mum's a riot," Zayn managed to choke out between laughs.

"I know," I said with a proud smile.
---------------------------------------

"BIEBER! LET ME LOVE YOU!" 

"Why are so weird?" Liam called over his shoulder as he ran away. I jogged after him, my arms held open, trying to tackle him. It was a failed attempt. I couldn't keep up with him. 

"Damn you, Liam!" I yelled coming to a stop to catch my breath. "Damn you and your fucking fast running!" 

Yes, this was just a normal morning for the six of us. We walked to school together everyday. None of us could drive yet, except Louis but he didn't have a car. We settled with good ole (sarcasm) exercise for the commute. 

"You know," Liam said making his way back over to me, "that Justin Bieber thing gets old after a while."

"Get a different haircut, then we'll talk."

The other boys were quickly approaching (we lost them about one street back). I sat down in the grass next to the sidewalk and laid back. Liam shook his head in a disapproving manner. 

"What are you doing?" Harry asked once they got to us. 

"Sleeping because I was so rudely awakened this morning," I replied. I closed my eyes. I could tell they were standing over because they blocked the sun from my face. 

"In someone's yard!" Liam insisted. Always the voice of reason, that one. "You're trespassing right now."

"Not to mention, dogs poo here all the time," Niall laughed. 

"Gross." I grumbled as I got off the ground and brushed the grass from my backside. 

"Here, let me help!" Louis exclaimed, jumping forward and reaching towards my butt. I slapped his hands away and gave him a disgusted look. That boy was so touchy-feely. 

Harry laughed at his failed attempt and Louis mumbled, "You can't blame a guy for trying." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"You're lucky I love you, Lou," I stated as we continued our trek to school. "I wouldn't let other guys get away with trying to touch my ass." 

"It's 'cause I'm so awesome, right?"

"Nope."

Louis huffed and I laughed. I proceed to jump on his back, forcing him to carry me to school. He started to gallop like horse, in return. 

What a normal morning it was. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Vas happenin?!
This chapter is sort of just to show how Jess gets along with the boys.
The next part will be more interesting, I promise.
Hope you enjoy :D
Comments are welcome.