Status: On hiatus, for now.

Hold onto the Feeling

max power;

Image

What did I get myself into by telling Becca I'd help her? She called me every day since then to ask questions about Liam. Don't get me wrong, I love Liam but talking about him for hours on end (and believe me, the conversations went on for hours) was a tad bit boring. Half the time, I didn't even listen to what Becca was saying. One night she talked for two hours about his hair. His fucking hair. Two fucking hours. Seriously.

"Does he like Coldplay?" she asked at lunch a week later.

I thought for a moment. Harry was the one who liked Coldplay, but did Liam? Louis liked The Fray. Niall loved Westlife and such. Zayn was partial to Chris Brown. What did Liam like? I was sure I heard him talking about it at some point. "OH! He likes JT."

"JT?" Becca questioned.

"Justin Timberlake."

I used his initials like Justin Timberlake and I are the best of friends. I really am weird.

"Oh. I'm not a big fan of Justin personally."

I let out a gasp. "Not a- not a fan of... No, I can't bring myself to repeat it. That is just preposterous. I mean, he was in N*Sync. How can you not like him?"

"Eh, I never really liked boy bands."

What was wrong with this girl? She doesn't like boy bands? How can you not like boy bands? The Backstreet Boys and N*Sync were my whole childhood. I was fangirling over them before anyone even knew what fangirling was.

Before I could retort that she had to be some crazy robot from a different planet, someone joined us at the table.

"Hey, Becs," the boy said. I couldn't help but stare at him; he was gorgeous. He had blonde hair that fell into his beautiful green eyes. "Jess." He flashed me a quick smile.

He knew my name. The Adonis knew my name! My eyes widened at him for a second before I ducked my head down to stare at my plate. Oh, dear lord, I had just made a fool of myself.

"Hey, Max," Becca replied, casually. Max; that name sounded familiar. Did I know a Max?

"I have a question for you," he said, still smiling. After that, I kind of just zoned out. I was too busy staring at the side of his face to really care what they were saying.

"Well, see you, Jess," Max said, getting up and waving.

"Oh. Uh- I... Bye," I managed to stutter out. Once he was gone, I groaned and buried my head in my arms. "I'm so awkward."

"Yea, you are," Becca stated, chuckling. Jerk. "But nice job drooling over him discreetly."

I lifted my head back up. "You noticed that?" Becca nodded and laughed. "Oh, dear God. Did he?"

"No, he wasn't paying you any attention."

"Oh, nice." I replaced my head back on my arms. That makes things so much better.

"So, how long had you had a crush on Max Jones?"

I peeked at her when something clicked. "Max Jones? Max Jones. Max-"

"Are you going somewhere with this or are you just going to keep repeating his name over and over?"

“Why do I know that name?” I asked, ignoring Becca’s comment.

She gave me confused look. “We’ve only gone to school with him for ten years.”

I squinted at her. Ten years? How could I forget someone after ten years of going to school with them? Either I’m really scatter-brained or crazy. I’m leaning more towards the latter. “Seriously?”

“Well, yea. I mean, he looked a lot different back then,” Becca replied, now staring down at her plate. “And he moved when we were thirteen. Now, he's back. I can't believe you don't remember him."

I tried to think back but still couldn't recall ever knowing a Max.

"What did you do to her, Bec? I don't think I've ever seen her concentrate so hard before," some stated, now occupying the seat next to me. I looked over to see my curly-haired best friend smirking at me. I nudged him with my elbow right in his ribs. “So what happened?”

“She doesn’t remember Max.”

“Max Power?” Harry asked. At that, I jumped out of my seat, realization hitting me.

“That’s it! Max Power! I remember now!” Max was that kid who liked to talk a lot in class when we were younger but usually what he said was funny. He was a trouble maker and got on every teacher’s nerves. I basically worshipped this kid. He was funny and wonderful and everything I wanted to be when I grew up. I don’t know how I could ever forget him. I guess I was crazy.

“How did that help you at all?” Becca questioned, giving me a weird look.

“Because, that was our nickname for him when we were younger. Man, he was cool a kid,” I said, sitting back down. Harry just laughed and shook his head.

“So you do you fancy him?”

Why do girls always automatically assume that? Okay, so he was extremely gorgeous and he was funny when we were kids. That doesn’t mean I have a crush. I barely know anything about him. I mean, I’m sure I took a major liking to him back then. That was several years ago and I hadn’t talked to him since then. We were practically strangers again.

“No.”

“Good girl,” Harry said, patting my head. What a weird person.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg, i accidently left this chapter up on my family's computer before i went to school. i'm praying my mom didn't read it. i don't think she would enjoy my potty mouth. opps.
i'm supposed to be doing a statement on my artwork for art class but instead i'm updating this. you are welcome.
my advanced photography assignment has also been neglected. oh well.
so i had to schedule classes for my senior year next year (~le creys~) and i couldn't fit the college course english i wanted to take into it. i am upset. gr. now i have to take college prep instead. upset.
anyway, back to the story.
here's max jones:
Image
Image
i love chord overstreet with an intense passion that knows no bounds, just so you know.
well i hope you enjoyed this crap chapter filled with way too much dialogue.
excuse the mistakes for now, i am too tired to even admit to fix them. i just wanted to post the chapter before i sleep.
i apologize that it is so short, also.
i seriously hope the next chapter is better.
well, byeeeeee.