Holding Onto What I'm Feeling

Denial

Amanda’s P.O.V.

“Hey Jeph,” I said as he opened his apartment door.

“Hey Amanda,” said Jeph smiling. “What are you doing here?”

“I thought I’d drop by for a visit,” I said, smiling. “Can I come in?”

“Yeah,” said Jeph. He stepped back, allowing me to get through the door. He closed the door behind me and we both headed for the small living room in the apartment. Jeph and I sat on the couch.

“So,” I said. “What have you been up to? I haven’t talked to or seen you in a few days.”

“Oh nothing,” he said. “Trying to find another job.”

“Ah,” I said.

“I might have a job at the grocery store,” he said. “But I don’t know yet.”

“Cool,” I said.

“You know what?” said Jeph. “I saw this girl there today that reminded me of Carly. I was so sure it was her. She looked so much like Carly.”

He had seen Carly. Well, at least he didn’t know. Yet. I could tell him. Carly didn’t say I couldn’t. Well, she said she didn’t want him to know just yet. But I couldn’t keep this from Jeph. He loved Carly. Oh, she’d hate me forever. But her and Jeph were meant for each other. I was sure of it.

“Jeph,” I said. “I know who you’re talking about. I saw that same girl at the diner down the street.”

“You did?” he asked. I could see hope in his eyes.

I nodded.

“That girl you saw,” I said. “That was Carly. She came back.”

Jeph stared at me before shaking his head.

“No,” he said. He thought for a moment before smiling. “It’s not nice to lie. Especially about something like that.”

“I’m not lying,” I said.

“If you say so,” he said, smiling some more.

“Whatever,” I said. I stood up. “If you don’t want to believe me, that’s your loss.”

I went to the apartment door.

“You’re leaving already?” asked Jeph as my hand touched the doorknob.

“Yeah,” I said, turning my head to smile at him. “I have to meet someone and I’m late.”

Jeph nodded his head. I opened the door and stepped out into the hallway of the apartment building.

“Bye Jeph,” I said before closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I've been busy and haven't had time to update. Anyways, if anyone who reads this is currently reading 'They Say True Love Would Never Leave...', I'll try and update that tomorrow. Sorry about the wait. Forgive me??
~Sally