Holding Onto What I'm Feeling

Good Decision?

Amanda’s P.O.V.

After leaving Carly’s apartment, I rushed straight to Jeph’s. I nearly plowed over some old lady in the hall of Jeph’s apartment building as I made my way to Jeph’s apartment. When I was standing in front of Jeph’s apartment door, I took a second to collect myself and fix my hair before knocking on the door. Jeph opened it not long after I knocked. Jeph smiled at me and I returned it.

“Hey Jeph,” I said.

“Hey Amanda,” he said. “What brings you over here?”

“Well,” I started. “I need to tell you something and I need to ask you something.”

“Ok,” he said. He started back into his apartment. “Come on in.”

I walked into his apartment and went to his living room and sat on his couch. He sat next to me. I just stared at him for a moment.

“Ok,” I said. “First I want to tell you I lied.”

“Lied about what?” he asked, looking confused.

“I told you Carly was back,” I said. I figured telling him this would give me a better chance of getting him to go out with me. “And that was a lie. I’m really sorry. That was a mean joke to try and pull.”

He stared at me a moment before speaking.

“That’s ok,” he said. “I didn’t believe you anyways. Remember?”

“Yeah,” I said. Now I was feeling nervous. It was time to ask him.

“What did you want to ask me?” he asked. Ok, now I needed to answer him.

“Well,” I said. “Over the past few years, we’ve spent a lot of time together and I’ve really gotten to know you. I know we’re great friends, but I was hoping that maybe we could become more than just friends. So, I’m here to ask you if you’d like to go out some time.”

Jeph’s P.O.V.

I just sat and stared at Amanda. First she tells me she lied about Carly, and now she wants to go out with me. I guess it wouldn’t be a bad idea. Going out with Amanda could help me forget about Carly. I had been getting better about forgetting about Carly. That is until I saw that girl that looked a lot like Carly, and then Amanda told me she was back. But Amanda just told me she lied. And what were the chances I’d see that girl again.

“Ok,” I finally said. Amanda looked relieved and smiled. “Let’s go out to dinner tonight.”

“Great,” she said. She stood up and I stood up too. She came toward me and leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

“I’ll pick you up at 7,” I said. Amanda was at the door now.

“I can’t wait,” said Amanda, opening the apartment door. “See you then.”

She left my apartment, closing the door behind her. I smiled a bit. Amanda was a cute girl. I wasn’t sure where my feelings for her lay, but I’m sure I’d figure that out soon enough. I just hope this was a good decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please?
~Sally