Watch Me

one

Image
She holds a half eaten breakfast bar in her left hand, pretty fingers obscuring the brand and flavour and a half smoked cigarette in the other. She alternates between the two every twenty-five seconds. Bite, chew, swallow, cigaratte. Inhale, hold, exhale, breakfast bar. Her oversized clutch slips from her armpit but her scrawny elbow digs it into her hip before it reaches any lower, and her not-so skinny jeans bunch around her knock-off Gucci heels. She's been here since seven, waiting for the bus that will take her to the city. Her phone rings and the last of the cigarette is flicked to the damp pavement. She doesn't bother stamping it out, just finds and answers her shitty Samsung.

Image
Her name is Amelia West and she's a compulsive liar. The words are printed in neat font, block capitals throughout and an annoying shade of grey. The file lays open for all the world to see on her bedroom window seat. She doesn't seem to care. She opens what can only be a wardrobe before removing her thin shirt. The curtains are wide open and she doesn't wear a bra. Either she does it so someone will look or because she doesn't seem to care. The fresh shirt she pulls over her head is light pink and has the words 'lie to me' printed on the front. You can't help but wonder if she does it on purpose.

Image
She knows she's being watched. She makes sure to look over her shoulder every time she turns a corner. Anyone would think she's paranoid, but the smirk that dances across her face every time suggests otherwise. Her open shirt flaps in the wind and the sleeves slip down her thin arms. She doesn't seem to care as she hurries along. Her phone rings and she digs around in her pocket. She answers, sends a devilish grin over her shoulder and whispers two words.

'Watch me.'

Image
She's placed on a cold table in an even colder room. The thin sheet covering her face falls back to reveal red splatters across her chin and neck. It slips even further down her unmoving body and, slowly, her stained shirt is visible. Two words can made out underneath the dry and crusty blood.

'Catch me.'