Status: Working on it (:

One More Try

What the hell?

I woke up. What the hell? I was certain I’d die. This wasn’t supposed to happen. I felt tears slip down my cheeks. My attempt at wiping them off my face made me realize my hands were belted to the bed. I can’t believe I was alive; I wasn’t supposed to live.

I looked around me noticing the familiarity of my surroundings. The mental hospital. I’d been here before. A few years ago, my younger, stupid self had given me a third degree burn with a cigarette lighter. I didn’t want to die back then; I just loved the feeling of the flame engulfing my skin.

Not again. I hated this place. I didn’t belong here. Everywhere you turn is an anorexic fighting the nurse trying to feed them or some druggie sneaking a hit. Everyone here is completely mental.
I still couldn’t believe I’d failed. The one thing I thought I could actually do, I failed at. I’m a complete failure.

I looked up as the door opened and a nurse walked in.

“Hi, sweetie. How are you feeling?” She asked with a beaming smile.

“I don’t want to be here. Please let me go.” I felt a tear fall again as I tried to get up from the bed.

Her smile lessened as she gently pushed me onto my back. “I know; I know.”

I yawned, still feeling the effects of the sedatives they must have given me.

She grabbed a needle from the table across the room and loaded it. She walked over to me and whispered, “I’m sorry, sweetie.”

I just stared at her as she inserted the needle under my skin. The blackness came quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short again. It will pick up in the next chapter which I'll probably have up later tonight or tomorrow. There's a pretty cool twist (in my opinion) as to why she didn't die. (:

Anyway, hope you liked this. Thanks for reading! (: