Hush

Our Farewell

Emilia walked into her kitchen and saw her husband Michael sitting down at the table. Emilia placed her blue bag down on the work top and walked over to Michael. Michael got up placed his arms around Emilia and squeezed tightly. “I missed you,” he explained.

Emilia always felt guilty and bad whenever Michael showed her affection because this didn’t often happen. “I missed you too!” she replied. Michael leaned over to give Emilia a kiss. “Are you going anywhere tonight?” Emilia asked.

Michael smiled “you’re trying to get rid of me,” Emilia smiled a nervous smile and shook her head. “No, I was just wondering,” Emilia replied.

Michael released Emilia and grabbed his car keys. “Actually I have to go off to work and I won’t be back till Sunday,” Michael said walking over to Emilia. “I’ll see you later,” Michael said kissing Emilia’s lips and releasing as he walked out to his car.

Emilia watched Michael’s car drive off. She knew what she was going to do was wrong and right in its own way. It was wrong in the way that she was ending her marriage and she hated the thought that it was her who was ending it. She also believed that it was the right thing to do because she did not love Michael, but she did love Charlie.

Emilia ran upstairs and packed her clothes and the essential things she needed. At 11:45, Emilia drove to Honeycomb Beach where she and Charlie arranged to meet. She parked the car and walked down to the seaside and sat sown and waited for Charlie to come. She put her black coat over her pink dress and looked around for Charlie. She placed the ring that Charlie gave her on her finger and smiled.

Charlie never arrived so Emilia was forced to go back to her house. Emilia began to cry she believed that Charlie would come. She knew there was something wrong. Just then the phone rang. Emilia ran to the phone and answered it. “Hello?” Emilia cried.

“Emilia it’s Charlie,” Charlie answered.

“Charlie, why didn’t you come?” Emilia cried.

“I’ve been arrested for robbery!” Charlie explained.

“What did you do?” Emilia asked concerned.
“Nothing! It wasn’t me I promise someone set me up. They found my gun there. It wasn’t me though remember I was with you,” he whispered the last bit.

“I know. How long do you have in there?” Emilia cried.

There was a short moment of silence before Charlie replied with “Ten years.”

Emilia began to cry loudly. “I love you!” she cried.

“I love you too!” Charlie said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment it helps.Thank you!