Hush

Final Letter

I had been two months in prison and it had felt like a life time. I missed Emilia terribly and all I had to remind me of her were the letters she sent me every week.

Prison life was terrible! The food was bad, the rooms and the work were bad. There were rats in the rooms, the food was always cold and we had to help build the new prison too!

Emilia’s letters comforted me so much. They made me feel like I was never in prison. One day I was told I had a visitor. I crossed my fingers that it was Emilia. I walked out the visiting area.

I looked to see Michael sitting down on a chair. I took a deep breath and walked over and sat down. He lifted his phone on his side and placed it to his ear. I lifted mine to my ear and said “Hi man!”

Michael looked shocked and angry I knew he knew then. “How could you?” he asked.

“wha…?” I stuttered.

“Don’t lie!” he shouted cutting me off.

“Michael I’m sorry!” I replied.

“Don’t apologize, because you’re never going to see her again after tonight anyway! I’m going to get Justice!” Michael shouted as he ran off in rage.

“Michael, what are you going to do?” I shouted back. Michael never replied.

That night I received a letter from Emilia but this letter was different. I gasped as I read it. Emilia had sent me a suicide letter!
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.Thank you!