Status: In progress

A Once in a Lifetime Love

Today Tastes Like Lemonade

He turned his head. He look down the aisle. He saw her.
Words cannot describe his reaction.
Her and her beautiful smile, her hair pinned back ever so slightly.
Him and his black suit and cowboy boots.
He couldn't stop staring at her. He was mesmerized by how incredibly gorgeous she looked.
She wanted to run down that aisle and kiss him right then and there, she just wanted him, just him.

They made Garrett get ordained on the internet so he could perform the ceremony, they didn't want it any other way.
So, there Garrett was standing in front of his two best friends, smiling.
"Friends and family, we are here today to celebrate the marriage of two of the greatest people on planet earth, Alyssa Chiara Naya and John Cornelius O'Callaghan V. Now I thought for sure by now that Alyssa would've been long gone, but thankfully in the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured and this guy finally asked her to get hitched, which is the reason why we're all gathered here today for this momentous occasion. To quote from an Apache Blessing, 'From now on, you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.' Now for the vows, I believe you two wrote your own, so go for it!"

Alyssa was first, "Alright, here it goes," she said with tears in her eyes. "People write the most beautiful things about love. I guess some people are meant to create beautiful love. Ones that make your heart weak. The stories about how that one person changed your life, in the best way possible. But, truthfully, I can't write like that. My story is something that could never be understood. We are both broken people who help each other be whole again. We're both lost in this mad universe. You are not just my world, my galaxy and my sky. You are the blood under my skin, my bones, the pulsing in my heart, and the tears in my eyes. In this chaotic world, you make my mind even more chaotic. Sometimes, I think I am going insane. I wake up and convince myself you are not real. It seems like you're just a fragment of my imagination. You drown my mind. You suffocate me. But, I can't breathe without you."

John looked at Alyssa like she was the Queen of his world, which she was. He had a tear stream down his face, this had never happened to him before, but what she said was the strongest words he had ever heard. Then Garrett brought him back to reality by saying, "Well John, I have no idea how the hell you're going to follow that." Everyone laughed.

"Well shit," said John, "I should've gone first. Um, let me get myself together," he said while pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. "Ok here, it goes. The scariest thing about following your heart is that you have no idea where it'll take you. It could take you to places so dangerous yet so exciting, you could end up being smashed into pieces and heartbroken for what seems like forever, which, thank god that has never happened to us, but we've come close. And although following your mind seems like a safer idea, following your heart is a test of how strong you really are and it could take you to places you never thought you would find, and that's how love lead me to you and which is why we're the two strongest people. I feel like we've known each other our whole lives. I don't think I have ever connected with another human the way I have with you. When I look into your eyes, that's when I feel it. The sudden sense of hope and comfort. You give me hope. You make things okay. No one else in the world can do that for me but you. You are special and you are the reason I have the power to feel and to love. Thanks to you, I feel more alive than I ever have. You are the reason I'm still alive. I love you." John now felt the tears in his eyes, Alyssa saw and wiped them from his face, smiling at him, looking into those pretty eyes of his. She mouthed 'I love you more than anything.'

They exchanged rings and Garrett finally announced them husband and wife. Everyone cheered and they kissed like their first kiss and John picked her up and spinned her around, whispering in her ear, "I love you Mrs. O'Callaghan."
♠ ♠ ♠
so i haven't written in awhile because i had no idea where to take this story. but do you like it? hate it? comment please!